Need a Dr. in Vancouver, B.C.

No prob on the update.

I’m getting my E2 levels checked at B.C. Biomedical Labs. B.C. Children’s hospital is just too far for me to go, plus you have to pay for parking, not to mention they are not connected to myehealth.ca, so you can’t access your results over the internet. Only via a Dr. IF they want to tell you. I hate to wait a week or so for results, so I go to B.C. Biomedical Labs.

As you say, they don’t offer the sensitive assay test…but they do have a range specifically for adult males, and I figure as long as I get the same test all the time, I can still see how my levels are doing.

One of these days I might go to B.C. Children’s hospital, or even st. Paul’s hospital and get their E2 test, and specify sensitive assay. I think their reference ranges are much different. Something like <200 or <225.

I did phone LabCorp and the cost of their sensitive assay Estradiol test is $299 if insurance doesn’t cover it.

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, and other positive changes.

I don’t understand why you can’t go to “outside sources” for Arimidex. Just find one, and buy it. LOL.

No prob man, and all the best for Christmas to you as well.

Actually the name killergoalie is because I used to be a goalie in ice hockey, my name is Jason, and I happen to love the Friday the 13th movies, who feature JASON Voorhees, a KILLER who happens to wear a GOALIE mask. So all three are connected in some way. And for the record, I was actually quite a good, or “killer” goalie. LOL!

That’s cool about the goalie thing. I’m still playing goalie out at 8 Rinks in the old timers league. Couple questions about the E2 test. What are you asking for when you go to BC Biomedical as this is where I get my bloodwork done. I want to ask my Endo for the same test as you or the one at Childrens. Any chance you could forward the name of the doc in Maple Ridge that you found. I am going to take KSman’s protocol to my Endo and try and work it out with him before I look for anther Endo. My guy seems to care about my health but I don’t think he’s very experienced or knowlegable about TRT.

I loved playing goalie, but haven’t played in like 20 years. I might get back into it once I lose some weight. That’s cool that you’re still playing.

As far as the E2 test, I just get the standard Estradiol test that my Dr’s put on the form. Since they know I’m a male, that’s the reference range they use for the results.

The Doctor in Maple Ridge is Dr. Ian Hyams in Maple Ridge. You need a referral from your family Dr.

Good luck with your Endo, and TRT.

Hey man, I am really grateful for the info. As you know this is a very difficult process and I can’t thank you and the guys on the forum enough for your help.

No prob. Best of luck!

Latest Update

Well I finally caved, and decided to pay for a Bioavailable Testosterone test, which also includes SHBG. (Our Gov’t medical won’t pay for the test unless Total Testosterone falls within a certain range. Mine is always higher than the maximum allowed.)

Total Testosterone:

Nov. 24th 19.8 nmol/L Ref Range: 8.4-28.7 nmol/L
570.6 ng/dL Ref Range: 242 - 827 ng/dL

Dec 5th 14.3 nmol/L Ref Range: 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L
412.1 ng/dL Ref Range 242 - 827 ng/dL

Dec 20th 18.3 nmol/L Ref Range: 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L
527.4 Ref Range: 242 - 827

Estradiol:

Nov 24th 92.6 pg/mL Ref Range: <42.5 pg/mL

Began taking .5mg Arimidex 3 x per week, 24 hrs. after each Test-Cyp injection of 40mg.

Dec. 5th 67 pg/mL Ref Range: <42.5 pg/mL

Dec. 20th 66.7 pg/mL Ref Range: <42.5 pg/mL

Bioavailable Testosterone:

12.7 nmol/L Ref Range: 3.0 - 12.0 nmol/L
366 ng/dL Ref Range: 86.5 - 345.8 ng/dL

Free Testosterone:

488 pmol/L Ref. Range: 200 - 800 pmol/L

SHBG:

17 nmol/L Ref Range: 13 - 71 nmol/L

I’m not sure how to convert the Free Testosterone, and SHBG levels into U.S. units.

So while my Total Testosterone has gone up since my last BW, my Estradiol hasn’t really gone down.

Would like help in assessing these numbers please.

Thanks in advance.

On a positive note, for the first time since I found out that I have Type 2 Diabetes over 10 years ago, my Hemoglobin A1c level is within “normal” range.

Nov. 6th 7.9 mmol/L Ref. Range: 4.8 - 6.2 mmol/L
142.3 U.S. Units Ref. Range: 86.5 - 111.7 U.S. units

Dec. 20th 6.2 mmol/L Ref. Range: 4.8 - 6.2 mmol/L
111.7 U.S. Units Ref. Range: 86.5 - 111.7 U.S. Units

Need LH/FSH data. Concerned that the E2 is coming from your testes and AI do not work poorly there. Both should be zero, if not, that would be a huge clue.

Thanks, KSman. I’ve actually never had a LH/FSH tests done. I’ll make sure to request them the next time I see my Dr.

I also had a Muscle Enzymes CK test done, and my result was:

725 U/L Ref. Range: <165 U/L So that is rather high. I see my Dr. on Jan. 10th so I’ll request the LH/FSH tests then.

I’m also thinking of switching from 3 SubQ injections of 40mg each of Test-Cyp weekly to twice a week @ 60mg each. Then take the Arimidex 12 hours after each injection.

I see the logic with the 12 hour anastrozole delay after injecting. But that is a burden and the difference will be slight. It will work fine.

LH/FSH should be tested before starting TRT. Once TRT is started, they both should go to zero. If not done before, you have missed the diagnostic window.

I can’t see your age in this thread.

It is useful to know if one has primary or secondary hypogonadism. If LH/FSH is very low, then one considers other hormones that may be HPTA repressive, or a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma. If FSH is very high, then its a FSH secreting testicular cancer. If LH/FSH are high and T is low, the testes are not working [primary]. If LH/FSH are low and no other interference is seen, then it is probably secondary. Secondary can be ruled in and primary ruled out with a hCG challenge followed by tests for TT, FT and E2. If one tests LH/FSH before TRT, then after, if TSH does not go to zero, testicular cancer is indicated as a likely cause.

When secondary and young, pituitary adinomas need to be considered. With old guys, these are normal changes and adinoma is not considered.

Thanks again, KSman. Unfortunately it’s too late for me to have the LH/FSH tests done before my TRT therapy, as I’ve been on Test-Cyp injections since late February of this year. But I will have them done to see what my levels are at now. But I guess I’ve missed the diagnostic window.

For the record, I’m 53 years old.

see the need to keep your stats in one place?

[quote]KSman wrote:
see the need to keep your stats in one place?[/quote]

Yeah. Good point. :slight_smile:

I had some more blood work done this morning, and here are most of the results:

Muscle Enzymes

CK 305 U/L Ref. Range: <165 U/L

Ferritin: 102 ug/L Ref. Range: >14 ug/L

TSH: 1.26 mU/L Ref. Range: 0.30 - 5.50 mU/L

FSH: <0.2 U/L Ref. Range: 2.0 - 18.0 U/L

LH: <0.2 U/L Ref. Range: 2.0 - 18.0 U/L

Progesterone: 1.6 nmol/L Ref. Range: 0.7 - 4.3 nmol/L

I also had a cortisol test done, but the results are not in yet.

Why did you test Muscle Enzymes CK? Can be elevated from an heart attack or from damage to any muscles.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Why did you test Muscle Enzymes CK? Can be elevated from an heart attack or from damage to any muscles.[/quote]

Well my Endo/Diabetes Dr. ordered the test along with my Testosterone/Estradiol/A1c levels for my annual diabetes bloodwork, and last week, my Muscle Enzyme CK level was 725 U/L from a ref. range of <165. So I wanted to recheck it, and a week later…the above result showed that it has come down over 400 points.
I saw a Dr. about it today, and he said that he is not concerned, esp since the level has gone down in a week. It’s only if the level is in the 1,000’s that they worry about a heart attack.

I told him that I’ve begun doing Cold Thermogenesis…taking cold water showers, dunking my face in ice water, to help with my diabetes, and to activate my BAT to burn body fat…and it seems to be working, and that may have caused the CK levels to rise, as it does possibly shock the muscles. But since the levels have gone down, my body is likely becoming adapted to the CT.

Hey Killer or Hook
I’m wondering if you ever found a doc in Vancouver or BC to prescribe an AI?
Thanx

Hey Post, I have had no luck finding a doctor prescribe anything but Test. I ended up backing off my dosage to 60mg/week to avoid my E2 sides which included gyno. I actually feel pretty much the same at 60mg/week as I did at 100mg/week.

Hi there. I am DESPERATELY trying to find a doc to do exactly this for my husband. He had the same thing as you: prescribed injections which I give him, felt great and then BAM … super high estrogen (484!!!). Our quack endo says he’s not going to prescribe anything as high estrogen is perfectly healthy. Ahem.

My husband also recently went onto a C-PAP machine (33 events per hour down to nearly zero). I would be SO grateful if you could forward me the doc’s name? I’m in North Vancouver and willing to go anywhere. We’ve tried cruciferous veggies, zinc, magnesium, grapeseed extract … you name it. Now growing manboobs on high testosterone!? Huh? Just shocking. And sad. Hopefully this gets to you. Thanks! Karen

Hey Hook24/killergoalie, where are things at with you guys now? Still on T? What’s your protocol and labs like these days?

Anyone around in Vancouver BC with luck of finding doctors would be highly appreciated, would love to keep on discussions in Vancouver if people are still around here.

Any of you people with high estrogen solved your issues?