Need a Dr. in Vancouver, B.C.

Been a while since I’ve posted, but need some help please.

Been on TRT since late February. Injecting .40 ml Test-Cyp Sub-Q 3x per week. No HcG, no A.I.

Recently diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnea when my breathing was found to be interrupted 72x per hour. Been on CPAP for nearly 2 months, interruptions down to 2.5x per hour.

There is a limit to which blood tests our Govt will pay for, but my latest results are:

Total Testosterone: 19.7 (8.4 - 28.7) nmol/L or 567.7 (242 - 827) ng/dl

Estradiol: 327 (< 156) pmol/L or 89.1 (7.6 - 42.6) pg/ml

As mentioned above, the Govt won’t pay for Free, or Bioavailable Testosterone tests unless the total testosterone is between 4 - 10 nmol/L.

Also, the Sensiive Assay test for Estradiol is unavailable in British Columbia, Canada.

Anyway, it seems fairly obvious that an A.I. such as anastrozole/arimidex would help me greatly reduce my E2 levels.

I was thinking .25mg 3 x per week, 24hrs after I inject the Test-Cyp, would be a good place to start.

However I’ve been told by numerous Drs. here that they cannot legally prescribe it for me, even though I’m on prescription testosterone for my TRT.

I’ve tried asking at a few compound pharmacies if they know of any Dr.s who will prescribe anastrozole/arimidex for TRT patients, even “off label”, but they don’t even know what I’m talking about.

So if anyone here knows of any Doctors in the Vancouver, B.C. area who will prescribe anastrozole/arimidex for TRT patients, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

I apologize for the lengthy thread, but I wanted to be as clear as possible.

I do not think that prescribing anastrozole is illegal. That may be doctor speak for not wanting to deal with the conversation.

See what advice these folks can offer: Generic Anastrozole | Buy Arimidex at Generic Pharmacy 1.866.995.7387

Hello: I live in Toronto. The bio testosterone test at Mount Sinai hospital is $45.00,at a private lab they wanted $60.00… The Free testosterone is covered regardless of your nano-gram’s,or what unit of measure is used. How do they now what the number is until they test.In ontario and probably B.C. it’s the same (Universal Health Care)

This arimedex is usually for people on high dose testosterone,It prevent’s according to AStraZeneca the brand name manufacturer. 50% of the testosterone from aromataze9Changing into Estroil/estrogen. I recently seen an endo at Mount Sinai Hospital who apparently deal’s with Andropause(Latin for male) Health. Im 53 and take arimidex Half a tab,every 2-day’s

Unfortunately arimedex (Brand name) only comes in 1mg’s tablet’s and they are little thick and round,moreover hard to break in 2-pieces,let alone in Quarter’s.

The dr. advised me that To Low of estrogen at my age is worse that a little high.The reason is estrogen add’s to bone density.I am a former competitive bodybuilder and don’t take high doses anymore.Why? I don’t still bench 530Lb’s.I don’t compete.Why risk my health .

My friend i tried the high dose regime a few year’s ago.The body at least mine,doesan’t utilize testosterone as it did at 30yr’s.The same goe’s for creatine monohydrate that stuff made me bloat with 10Lb’s of water in 1-week,not good!!Good luck john

Thanks for the link, KSman!

Thanks also, Johnny. I don’t want to lower my E2 too much, but enough to get within acceptable range. i.e. 22-40, or preferably…22-30 pg/nl. But 89 pg/nl is way too damn high!

I don’t want to be wasting half or MORE of the testosterone-cypionate I’m paying for, and injecting by having it convert almost immediately into Estrogen.

Even if I can take .25mg of Arimidex/Anastrozole 2x per week, one day after my first and third Testosterone injections, should be enough to lower my Estradiol level to within a reasonable range. Plus once I start to lose noticeable amounts of bodyfat, that should also help lower my E2 level, or at least the amount of Aromatase Enzyme my body produces.

I don’t want to lower my E2 too low, but hovering around 100 is far too high!

OMG I can’t believe it! I actually found a Dr. in the Vancouver, B.C. area (Actually in Maple Ridge) who DOES prescribe Arimidex/Anastrozole for male patients who are on HRT/TRT!

The only thing is I have to get a referral from my family Dr., which hopefully I’ll be able to get next week.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

[quote]killergoalie wrote:
OMG I can’t believe it! I actually found a Dr. in the Vancouver, B.C. area (Actually in Maple Ridge) who DOES prescribe Arimidex/Anastrozole for male patients who are on HRT/TRT!

The only thing is I have to get a referral from my family Dr., which hopefully I’ll be able to get next week.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed.[/quote]
Hey brother you can buy the arimedex on the black Market.The brand name is $180.00 per 30,pills 1mg’s.The b market(possible FAKE) is cheaper,but insurance will pay.Not Welfare,but other plan’s.My friend are you trying to be a bodybuilder,as high estrogen is a result of being overweight.If your obese,you have to drop some bodyfat,as arim will only stop the injectable t. not the natural flow.A lot of these assholes that think different are f-up!!and they all are like the Osterich.There m-fin heads in the sand.

Hey Johnny, no I’m not trying to be a bodybuilder, just trying to be a “normal” healthy male…or as healthy and as “normal” as I could ever be.

I realize that my weight has a role in my excess estrogen levels, but as I’ve said to a few people, Dr.s etc, by the time I’d lose significant amounts of weight to have an effect on my CURRENT Estrogen levels, it would take too friggin’ long. Which is why I’d like the arimidex/anastrozole ASAP to get the levels down a lot soonee rather than later, so that the Test-Cyp I’m using will have it’s greatest benefits.

I’m aware of a few places that sell arimidex via mail order…in fact a couple of them right in the city where I live. Although in talking with one of them, they won’t sell it to Canadians since they receive their supply from overseas, and just redirect it to U.S. based customers so there is no problem with customs. However there are a few places where it is available to Canadians.

Interesting how the black market brand name cost is $180 for 30 1mg pills since you can get it if you have a prescription from a pharmacy for $175.00 So hopefully I’ll be able to get a referral for that Dr. I mentioned, and he can write me a legitimate prescription. At least then I’ll know I’d be getting the actual product.

As far as my natural T production goes, I think having been on TRT since February, it’s pretty much shut down.

I just want things to be working in unison as best as they can be. I don’t want to be wasting valuable testosterone by having half or more of it being converted into estrogen.

Thanks again for the input, and advice. Much appreciated.

Arimidex is now off=patent in the USA. Can you buy Rx anastrozole in Canada? Should be cheaper, same drug.

No need to take anastrozole the next day. That might be best, but taking when you inject may be a better routine to live with.

Please keep us posted with details about how this doctors works out.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Arimidex is now off=patent in the USA. Can you buy Rx anastrozole in Canada? Should be cheaper, same drug.

No need to take anastrozole the next day. That might be best, but taking when you inject may be a better routine to live with.

Please keep us posted with details about how this doctors works out.[/quote]

I’m sure anastrozole is available somewhere in Canada…getting a prescription for it is another thing though. Which is why I’m hoping I can get a referral for that Dr. I mentioned above from my family Dr.

If I do get some, being as anxious as I am to lower my E2 level, I think I’ll have no problem remembering to take it the day after my injections. (The 1st and 3rd ones each week.)

I’ll make sure to keep you updated with how things go with the new Dr.

Thanks, KSman.

FINALLY got some Arimidex !! .5mg capsules, so I’m going to take 1 capsule 24 hours after each of my 3 weekly injections of .40 ml of Test-Cyp (SubQ), since Arimidex has a half life of about 46-47 hrs.

My current Estradiol level is 89 pg/ml Range 7.6 - 42.6 pg/ml. I’m going to have more blood work done in a month, so I’ll see how well the Arimidex works.

I’ve also cleaned up my diet, and began regular exercise…weights/cardio, so that should help as well.

This should be interesting!

[quote]KSman wrote:
This should be interesting![/quote]

In a good, or bad way?

Do you think that dosage is going to be too strong?

interesting in that your transition from E2=89 should have major [good] effects. I can’t recall a situation like this.

So I look forward to your reports about how you feel. Dose?

I can’t see that you have described your mood, libido, energy, initiative…

We just have to see, given your E2 level now, that dose seems reasonable.

[quote]KSman wrote:
interesting in that your transition from E2=89 should have major [good] effects. I can’t recall a situation like this.

So I look forward to your reports about how you feel. Dose?

I can’t see that you have described your mood, libido, energy, initiative…

We just have to see, given your E2 level now, that dose seems reasonable. [/quote]

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up, KSman.

My mood has varied…from bouts of depression, irritability, overly sensitive, to happy, horny (lol), carefree, etc.

My libido has been no problem. Have fairly regular morning wood, etc.

Have had poor energy levels. Initiative has been there at times, but quickly disappears.

Have man boobs…or maybe it’s just that I’m too damn fat.

So I guess you could say I have some symptoms of high estrogen, and not some. (i.e. no probs with libido.)

About a year and a half ago I was going to the gym 6 days a week first thing in the morning. I couldn’t wait to go.

Then for some reason, I just lost the desire/motivation. I thought I needed a change of environment/scenery, but that didn’t help.

Discovered I had extremely low testosterone levels…1.4 pmol/L or 40.3 ng/dl (Range 241 - 827 ng/dl) So my Dr. put me on Test-Cyp injections.

Have recently been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, but after being on CPAP therapy for 2 months, that has really helped my sleep issues, energy levels, and even my incentive.

I’ve began to eat much cleaner, have lost 30 lbs. in the past 2.5 months, and have been in a much better mood the past couple of weeks.

So I hope the Arimidex just adds to the upswing in things…in more ways than one.

Sorry for the long winded post, but just wanted to make things a little clearer.

I live in Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada and was told by my endo yesterday that estrogen blockers are not prescribed by endos in Canada. Please PM me with your doctors name as I have been searching for one that is more open minded regarding my situation.

Hook: What is an estrogen blocker? Get you terms right. Its either a SERM to block the effects if existing estrogens [in some SELECTED tissues], or its an aromatase inhibitor [AI] that reduces T–>E2 aromatization. Note that SERMs increase E2 levels, exposing non protected tissues to increased estrogen levels.

The Endo is telling you what his [limited] experience with these things are, and often just telling you want he wants you to hear.

I am referring to an AI. I have been reading the forum for the past few months and have been gaining alot of valuable info regarding my own TRT issues. I will post my own thread but I am having real issues getting my situation sorted out. I am switching to shots (from Androgel)this week based on the info contained in the forum. I am very interested in killergoalie’s progress.

Killergoalie, any update on your Arimidex situation? I am very interested in your progress as I am dealing with almost the identical situation here in the Lower Mainland. I am also interested in the Dr. you are seeing in Maple Ridge. Please update and thanks! I can’t PM right now because I think I need a few more posts.

Actually, I never went to see that Dr. in Maple Ridge. By the time I would have gotten an appointment with my family Dr. to give me a referral…she wouldn’t do it just over the phone, I decided to find another “source” for Arimidex, which I did.

Not to mention that there was no guarantee that the Dr. in Maple Ridge would have given me a script for one anyway. Plus the cost factor is totally ridiculous as well.

So I ended up getting some Arimidex as it is, and have had only one blood work session so far since I began using it, which was two weeks after I began.

My last blood work before I began using Arimidex @ .5mg 24 hrs. after each of my 3 weekly 40mg Test-Cyp SubQ injections, showed a Total Testosterone level of 19.8 nmol/L from a range of 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L or a level of 570.6 ng/dL from a range of 242-827 ng/dL, and

an Estradiol level of 340 pmol/L from a range of <156 pmol/L or 92.6 pg/mL from a range of <42.5 pg/mL.

After taking the Arimidex for a couple of weeks as scheduled above, my blood work showed a Total Testosterone level of 14.3 nmol/L from the same range as above, or 412.1 ng/dL from the same aforementioned range, so that dropped somewhat unfortunately.

However, my Estradiol levels also dropped to a level of 246 pmol/L from the same range as above, or 67.0 pg/mL again from the same range as before.

I’m going to be getting more bloodwork done this week, including hopefully my SHBG, and BioAvailable Testosterone levels, so hopefully my E2 will have dropped even more.

I have been feeling a lot more energetic, a lot more focused, have great morning wood (Sorry to be so graphic, but just being honest) so that’s all a good sign. I’ve also began a Leptin Reset program, and have been eating an Epi-Paleo diet, and using Cold Thermogenesis…cold water showers that last up to and even surpassing 30 minutes, and face dunking in ice water! So refreshing and invigorating, and really does energize me.

I’ve lost 22 lbs since Dec 1st, my blood sugar levels are constantly in the normal range…even without my diabetes medication most often, so it looks as if things may FINALLY be heading in the right direction. knocks on wood.

I will post the results of my upcoming bloodwork once I get them from myehealth.ca

Hey! Thanks for the update. Congrats on the weight loss and the other postive changes you are experiencing. I am wondering how you are getting your E2 levels checked. Is it at Children’s? If so I would really appreciate some info on how to go about doing that. I talked with BC Biomed just this morning and they confirmed that they do not offer the Sensitive test in Canada. Due to the nature of my employment I cannot go to an “outside source” for Arimidex. I’ll try to up my posts so I can do the PM thing. Thanks man and all the best for Xmas. BTW-Are you actually a killer goalie?