T Nation

Need a Core Workout Program

Hello I'm 27 6ft 2in. About 200lbs, having trouble making progress and looking for a good program that can help get past my Plateaus. Trying to go for lean and more strength.

[quote]ericweaver87 wrote:
Hello I’m 27 6ft 2in. About 200lbs, having trouble making progress and looking for a good program that can help get past my Plateaus. Trying to go for lean and more strength. [/quote]
More detail about what you’ve been doing and how you’ve been eating leading up to this plateau would give us a better idea of what might need attention. Really not much info to go on so far. If you’re trying to get lean and build strength, it could be something as simple as having your daily calories too low.

What’s your current general bodyfat? What are your current maxes on the basic lifts? To clarify, what exactly do you mean by “plateau” anyway, like you haven’t seen strength increases in a while? How long have you been stalled? And, again, what’s your diet like?

There are tons of programs on here that could be worth trying for a while, but I’m not sure if you’re looking for a full program or a “core workout” like just for abs.

my diet consist of lots of dreens , I get plenty of protein, I average 4000-6000 calories a day, body fat is 10 to 12% 3 to 5 meals a day. I do core workouts , bench dead and squats, bench pr is 295, but haven’t hit it in a while, dead is 350, and squat is 280, I take pre workout multi vita pak, strength and recovery. Been having knee pains so haven’t really been hitting the lower body as hard. I do cardio more in the past 2 years than in my past 8 years

my diet is ok, I get plenty of protein and greens, I average 3000 to 6000 calories a day, I don’t drink pop or eat junk food either. Body fat is 10 to 12%. I take pre workout strength and recovery vita pak, D3 and calcium.

My workouts I try and split up upper and lower body. My bench pr is 300, but haven’t hit that in a while, dead lift is 320 and squat is 290. I also a variety of auxiliarys , biceps tris, delts. I have access to free weights and mechanical

Wow, nothing quite like a moderated double post.

4000-6000 calories? or 3000-6000 calories?
295 or 300 bench press?
320 or 350 dead?
280 or 290 squat?

Sorry about that and 3000 to 6000 and 295 bench 320 dead and 280 squat

First of all, I want to make clear that if he is what he says he is, then I am impressed by the shape he’s in. (spot the reference)

However, I will also say that a ‘core workout’ (assuming you mean a workout for your abs) won’t be the key to overcoming a plateau in any way.

OP - What did you do to get to where you are at? That matters in trying to move forward.

all my weight training after highschool (2007) I’ve done on my own and I go off of what people say, trainer fitness articles and fellow weight lifters. I’ve never been a muscular built person I’ve always been small framed. I’m pleased with my progression since my school days but where I’m at now I haven’t progressed.

Sorry about that and 3000 to 6000 and 295 bench 320 dead and 280 squat[/quote]

The data here says you need to hit your lower body a lot harder.

I average 3000 to 6000 calories a day[/quote]
This is like saying I average 4 to 12 hours sleep per night. It’s such a broad range that it’s actually useless information. And the fact that you only have such a very general idea means you’re not really paying any attention at all to what you’re eating.

How long have you been having knee pain? I’m wondering if it’s from a lack of proper leg training, rather than the pain being a result of your leg work.

I suggest you follow this plan, the training and the eating guidelines, for the next 12 weeks:

I think a well-designed plan is what you need to get back on track, and if you’re really 10-12% bodyfat, then you’re in an awesome position to add muscle and improve your physique. A bit more muscle will yield you better physique results than dropping to under-10% bodyfat. Nevermind that the kind of nutrition and training it would take to get to that level definitely wouldn’t help strength progress.

I’ve had the knee pain for 2 months, which Ive recently been trying some strengthening on them with calcium and recovery vita paks, I’ll try that out Chris thank you for the advice