Need a Change. Toughts?

Ive been doing an upper/lower split for about 6 weeks and I made good progress but I feel its time for a change so I developed a routine based on Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training Routine. I also added a “power” day too just to add some pizzazz lol.

3x a week (eventhough theres 4 workouts I just go on, off, on, off, ect. ect.)
Week 1-5x5
Week 2-3x8
Week 3-2x12
Week 4-1x25

A
T-bar rows
Weighted chin ups
Flat bench
Squats
Standing military db
Abs
Cg chin ups
Dips

B
Bb rows
Machine chin ups
Incline bench
Leg press
Seated bb press
Abs
Bb curls
Skull crushers

C
Machine rows
Pull downs
Decline bench
Machine leg press
Seated db press
Abs
Db curls
Pushdowns

D
Shoulder push press
Db power clean and press
Lawn mower
Heavy lunges
Chest cable push press
Abs

NO set is taken to failure and you can tell volume is very low to ensure proper recovery.

Thanks for any and all input!!

Where is the progression if each week you are changing the number of reps? Your program sucks.

[quote]IgneLudo wrote:
Where is the progression if each week you are changing the number of reps? Your program sucks. [/quote]

LOL ouch.

He has a really good point though O.o

lol. Heres how:

for example, during my 5x5 week ill pick a weight for lets say flat bench. lets say im doing 200lbs. i go 5x5 with 200. than next workout i go 5x5 with whatever weight i do with incline and than the next time 5x5 decline. over the next 3 weeks while im doing a different rep range. when I come back to 5x5 during the fourth week in theory ill up weight by 5-10+ lbs.

Plus, this is all based on CW’s TBT and in one of his older articles he talked about continually changing rep ranges because supposedly it keeps ur muscles guessing and enbales you to not plato on a routine for a few extra months instead of like 8 weeks or w/e. So im not shooting this routine blindly theres research to back it up.

AND it goes through CW’s 25 rule which he has talked about in his more recent articles

so suck it. lol jk.

But seriously though, I see your point maybe I should do 3-4 weeks in a certain rep range and switch…or maybe workout A 5x5, B 3x8, C 2x12, D1x25 and than cycle through…idk. def some food for thought.

[quote]bmar22 wrote:
Ive been doing an upper/lower split for about 6 weeks and I made good progress but I feel its time for a change so I developed a routine based on Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training Routine. I also added a “power” day too just to add some pizzazz lol.

[/quote]

you say you have made good progress…

why change?

[quote]bmar22 wrote:

3x a week (eventhough theres 4 workouts I just go on, off, on, off, ect. ect.)
Week 1-5x5
Week 2-3x8
Week 3-2x12
Week 4-1x25

A
T-bar rows
Weighted chin ups
Flat bench
Squats
Standing military db
Abs
Cg chin ups
Dips

B
Bb rows
Machine chin ups
Incline bench
Leg press
Seated bb press
Abs
Bb curls
Skull crushers

C
Machine rows
Pull downs
Decline bench
Machine leg press
Seated db press
Abs
Db curls
Pushdowns

D
Shoulder push press
Db power clean and press
Lawn mower
Heavy lunges
Chest cable push press
Abs

NO set is taken to failure and you can tell volume is very low to ensure proper recovery.

Thanks for any and all input!!

[/quote]

If your goal is hypertrophy, this set up is not ideal. I said it nicely.

It is definitely a good idea to switch up the exercises and repetition range in your workout on a frequent basis, but doing it every week how you wrote it seems counterproductive

wat

programme sucks. 4 different workouts AND constantly changing rep-set protocols? also… what the FUCK is a lawnmower?

how about you JUST do what Chad recommends? I may not agree with the TBT programme and would do it differently, but at least I know enough to make sure I make consistent progress… i.e. progression.

Looks like you want to “confuse the muscles” or something. But you don’t have to change rep-set protocols every week and exercises every workout for that, lol. If I was you and did TB training, I would pick 6 exercises, and do them every other day, changing the amount of reps/sets every 2-3 weeks.

£.02

Why change after only six weeks if you’ve made good progress? I would think that you should give it 12-16 weeks before switching it up.

Also, rather than doing the same set/rep scheme for all workouts each week and then changing reps each week, you would be better off using three different rep schemes during the week (Day 1 - 5x5; Day 2 - 4x10; Day 3 - 3x15) and change the set/rep scheme every four weeks.

Both of the methods above are called progression or periodization or a “plan.”

Spare any change?

Man people, you’re all stupid. Really.

We all know that we DON’T want our body to adapt to our training, right? So we have to change it up all the time.

Progression/getting bigger/stronger is all adaption, so obviously it’s bad and we don’t want it!

Didn’t you get the memo or something?

Fools.

/sarcasm for the people who didn’t get it…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Man people, you’re all stupid. Really.

We all know that we DON’T want our body to adapt to our training, right? So we have to change it up all the time.

Progression/getting bigger/stronger is all adaption, so obviously it’s bad and we don’t want it!

Didn’t you get the memo or something?

Fools.

/sarcasm for the people who didn’t get it…
[/quote]

sorry, i’ll get me coat :wink:

C_C did it for the lulz.

Someone should post a link to the P90X program, for the muscle confusion!