T Nation

Need a Buzz Killer (Too Much Caffeine)

Well guys I’ve taken too much caffeine again. Almost a gram pre workout and holy shit I need to slow it down. Is there a supplement or any special procedure some of you do in order to kill the effects of the stimulant because right now I feel like time is slowing down. I really don’t like the feeling. I knew I shouldnt of pounded that Rockstar but I was going to go big today for chest.

Any help is appreciated. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go run around the block, a couple times.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Well guys I’ve taken too much caffeine again. Almost a gram pre workout and holy shit I need to slow it down. Is there a supplement or any special procedure some of you do in order to kill the effects of the stimulant because right now I feel like time is slowing down. I really don’t like the feeling. I knew I shouldnt of pounded that Rockstar but I was going to go big today for chest. Any help is appreciated. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go run around the block, a couple times. [/quote]

drink lots of water is about all i can think of, other than that just let it run its course

what all did you take?

I took 2 300mg homebrewed caffeine anhydrous pills and pounded a blue on my way to the gym that I found in my truck. I knew I shouldn’t have drinking that fucker. Its coming down a bit now, I ate my last meal and some peanut butter. Im coming out of hyperspeed lol.

I thought one’s body couldn’t absorb that much caffiene at one time? 300mg or something like that?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I thought one’s body couldn’t absorb that much caffiene at one time? 300mg or something like that?[/quote]

There’s 350mg in a single Spike Shotgun. Those things are great.

The only thing i have read of that reduces the half life of caffine is smoking but i wouldn’t recommend that.

Whoa dude! that is A LOT of caffeine. I know what you mean about not liking the feeling. Sometimes on the way to the gym I’d slam a Spike Shooter, and while I was AMPED I would get kinda jittery. Too much at once for me.

I’m starting to get away from stim’s I think. Sure they help, but it seems that I’ve started to become too dependent on them. I think I’m going to use them ONLY if I need it. (Sorry for the side story).

-Matt

I’ve done the same thing before. All you can do is wait it out. It’s not dangerous though, if you don’t have any underlying heart conditions.

Since then, the only stims I get are in what I drink (coffee or tea, or Coke Zero), no more than twice a day.

How’d you make a homebrewed caffeine anhydrous pill?

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
How’d you make a homebrewed caffeine anhydrous pill?[/quote]

blanks and raw caffeine anhydrous. Anywho, i control the twitch with peanut butter. Apparently the fat in it somehow slowed me down. I still went to sleep around 2 in the morning though.

Try some L-Theanine: I’ve found that it counteracts the caffeine buzz quite well.

Here is some info:
http://www.web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

Oh - and I wouldn’t advise trying to get it just from a cup of green tea, since you’ll also get the additional caffeine; capsules are much more effective, at least in my experience.

'Til then, enjoy bouncing off the walls!

Lycurgus