Neck Training

i think neck training knowledge is not very well developed.
you always hear from experienced athletes and coaches-train your neck like crazy! train your neck like animal! dont neglect your neck! etc.
is there repetition method here? max effort?
specific stretching of neck besides neck bridges?
neck harness and its effectiveness?
during my boxing training i trained neck 2-3 times a week with a few exercises,but we trained abs with like 50 different exercises.
it was insufficient in regard to neck-importance.what do you think?

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
train your neck like animal! [/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just got an image in my head of a Croatian dude screaming this to some puny kid. Hahahahaha!!

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
BALBOS wrote:
train your neck like animal!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just got an image in my head of a Croatian dude screaming this to some puny kid. Hahahahaha!![/quote]

That is pretty funny.

I’ve posted so much on this, just check out my posts. Even better, read Jim Wendler’s The Yoke, right here-

http://elitefts.com/documents/the_yoke.htm

Does anyone knows Iron Mike Tysonns neck routine?
I measured that he had 21-inch neck in his prime!

[quote]texas-supreme wrote:
I measured that he had 21-inch neck in his prime![/quote]

Hey, Balbos. What’s up? How you been?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
texas-supreme wrote:

Hey, Balbos. What’s up? How you been?[/quote]

Way to sniff 'em out! I was wondering why this same guy bumped every Balbos thread known to man. The assault on English grammar should have given it away.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
texas-supreme wrote:

Way to sniff 'em out! I was wondering why this same guy bumped every Balbos thread known to man. The assault on English grammar should have given it away.[/quote]

Haha. Absolutely. Let’s see what his response is.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Kuz wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
texas-supreme wrote:

Way to sniff 'em out! I was wondering why this same guy bumped every Balbos thread known to man. The assault on English grammar should have given it away.

Haha. Absolutely. Let’s see what his response is.[/quote]

Last I heard Balbos was greasing the groove with Dezinfection alcohol and some cheap women,but what would I know?!

lets get back to neck training!

lets get back to neck training![/quote]

Isn’t that the same picture you posted 6 months ago?

This is yet another reason I HATE commercial gyms. They’ll have at least three machines for the calf’s, but do you think they have even ONE for what may be the most important muscle (ok excluding one LOL), to a combat athlete, HELL NO!! Just fing sad…

I measured that he had 21-inch neck in his prime![/quote]

Read somewhere (sorry no source) that Tyson ended his training sessions with about 10 minutes of rolling bridges (all 4 directions).

A lot of people debate the safety of doing rolling bridges. I’m not here to do that. There are plenty of exercises with or without them, but all the guys with really huge strong necks made them a priority not an afterthought.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
texas-supreme wrote:
lets get back to neck training!

Isn’t that the same picture you posted 6 months ago?

[/quote]

It is and it still haunts me.

Nice info Brad

Could you explain the ball exercises? Is the ball to be placed on the wall, and you bend over and place your head on it?

Also, how do you do those 4-way exercises with weight (ex. BB). Do you lie sideways on a bench?

Thanks

Neck should be trained at least 3 times a week!

A question for you guys , especially Brad . How much does the addition of bodyweight have to play in building the neck ? Usually it seems to be the guys over 250lbs with the ‘twenty necks’ , but then you get some lighter guys with big necks too (ie matt serra the wrestler , only 170lbs with an 18 1/2 neck) and some light guys with HUGE necks (ie the old wrestler farmer burns with a 20 incher at 170) . your thoughts ?

Does anyone have the link to Christian’s G force neck training article?

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=262rap2

Always have done neck bridges off a wrestling mat and if i’m feeling really frisky, I use a very fancy…wait for it…wait for it…towel. An old brown army one actually. Work wonders