Neck Pain While Rucking

@Roch good point in regards to the distances…never thought of it that way. Thanks everyone for helping me get on track with this stuff eh.

Dont use the waist and sternum strap. You dont really need it until your packs above 110lbs. Suck it up and gets your shoulders toughened up. Youll start to toughen up your traps and shoulders and it will hurt less with time.

I prefer to pack heavy stuff up high, your shoulders will take more of the weight but your pack wont be pulling down on you as much, as for imbalances, it depends whether your just rucking or mountaineering…
If your just rucking put it all on top man, itll save your back a ton.

Just push your stride out farther into the ruck so you dont tighten it up too much and end up doing the airborne shuffle all the way home. After a while you should be able to run the 13km with your ruck.
Yea this sht sucks and hurts alot but you got to suck it up and hope you are not a weakbody.

I only skimmed these replies but when “rucking” neck pain may happen if you are bending forward at the waist, leaning forward, try to maintain a fairly upright posture without tilting forward or leaning backward, use your abs and your glutes to help support your body, it makes a huge difference. Proper posture really makes sure the strain is going where it should, to the back, legs, abs, glutes instead of the neck.

but rucking will be a slight neck exercise, so it may be uncomfortable to some with neck issues.