Neanderthal No More

Hi everybody, i just started this week the program “neanderthal no more” and i need some help with it! the program has 4 days hitting the global muscle and 3 days the local muscle! this split doesn’t work for me, i find my self doing 3 days in a raw of global muscle and finding just one day for the local muscle, i’d like to split it in a 3 days global muscle (mon/wed/friday) and 2 days local (tuesd/thursd) also i have found in 2 exercises which are “heels elevated front squat” and “decline close grip bench” this reps/sets/ 6 sets and 3,2,1,3,2,1 i believe with a weight that allows me to do that amount of reps which is very high especially on a new exercise i had never done before! i would rather do 3 sets of 8 reps instead, this morning i almost snap my lower back on squat!

please help!

[quote]gianluca19 wrote:
Hi everybody, i just started this week the program “neanderthal no more” and i need some help with it! the program has 4 days hitting the global muscle and 3 days the local muscle! this split doesn’t work for me, i find my self doing 3 days in a raw of global muscle and finding just one day for the local muscle, i’d like to split it in a 3 days global muscle (mon/wed/friday) and 2 days local (tuesd/thursd) also i have found in 2 exercises which are “heels elevated front squat” and “decline close grip bench” this reps/sets/ 6 sets and 3,2,1,3,2,1 i believe with a weight that allows me to do that amount of reps which is very high especially on a new exercise i had never done before! i would rather do 3 sets of 8 reps instead, this morning i almost snap my lower back on squat!

please help![/quote]

If you need higher reps to learn the form of a new exercise, that’s fine. You’re still going to get stronger.

What kind of program is that? Sounds strange…what’s wrong with being Neanderstrong?

I’d like one called Neanderthal Once More.

[quote]Nards wrote:
What kind of program is that? Sounds strange…what’s wrong with being Neanderstrong?

I’d like one called Neanderthal Once More.[/quote]

It was published on T Nation, by Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson.

Oops…I’m dead.