T Nation

Neanderthal No More - Quick Questions

I am going follow this program to correct my head to toe posture problem. But i have some quick questions :S

A1) Supine Bridges

Sets: 3

Reps: 15

Tempo: 1011 (squeeze at the top for a count of one)

Rest: 45 seconds, during which time you should perform A2

A2) Warrior Lunge Stretch: 15 seconds per side

B1) Snatch Grip Deadlifts

Sets: 6

Reps: 6-8

Tempo: 20X0

Rest: 2 minutes, during which time you should perform B2

B2) IT Band Stretch: 15 seconds per side

C) Barbell Step-Ups

Sets: 4 per leg

Reps: 10-12

Tempo: 20X1 (squeeze the glutes at the top)

Rest: 60 seconds between legs

D1) Dead Bug Twists

Reps: 15

Tempo: 1010

Rest: None, go immediately to D2

D2) Side Hip Thrusts

Reps: 15 per side

Tempo: 1010

Rest: None, return immediately to E1 to repeat superset

it says return to E1 but there it No E1. is it just typo and i should go back to A1?

does superset means i do exercises without any rest in between??

also should i combine this is Hips don't lie from Mr Robertson ??

Thanks!

I'd say that's just a typo, since some of the other days do have "E" exercises. You'd just alternate the sets of D1 and D2 until finished. You don't go back to A1, because you're finishing all sets of each pair (the As, the Bs, the Cs, the Ds) before moving on to the next.

Generally, yep. You'd only rest when it's specified between the "1s" and "2s".

I don't see much problem doing the foam rolling, activation, and mobility work from Hips Don't Lie before the lower body sessions laid out in Neanderthal No More.

Allright Chris! Thanks a lot!

so the D Exercises i do twice ??

also should i finish the recommended sets before moving to different exercises ?? or do I only do 1 set of each and then go back to do the second set and then third ??

Sorry if this is over-simplifying things, but the workout above, for example, should look this when you're in the gym:

Supine Bridges 15 reps
rest 45 seconds, which includes 15 sec. right warrior lunge stretch and 15 sec. left warrior lunge stretch.
Supine Bridges 15 reps
rest 45 seconds, which includes 15 sec. right warrior lunge stretch and 15 sec. left warrior lunge stretch.
Supine Bridges 15 reps

Snatch Grip Deadlifts 6-8 reps
rest 2 minutes, which includes 15 sec. right IT band stretch and 15 sec. left IT band stretch
rest 2 minutes, which includes 15 sec. right IT band stretch and 15 sec. left IT band stretch

Right leg Barbell Step-Ups 10-12 reps
rest 60 seconds
Left leg Barbell Step-Ups 10-12 reps
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds
rest 60 seconds

Dead Bug Twists 15 reps
no rest
Right Side Hip Thrusts 15 reps
no rest
Left Side Hip Thrusts 15 reps
no rest
Dead Bug Twists 15 reps
no rest
no rest
no rest
Dead Bug Twists 15 reps
no rest
no rest

Your workout is finished. :slight_smile:

Bascially you alternate sets of "A" exercises and finish all of those sets before doing any of the B, C, or D exercises. If you were supposed to do one set of each exercise and then repeat the whole series several times, the workout would be listed something like:
A1)
A2)
A3)
A4)
A5)
A6)
A7)
etc.

This makes senses now Chris. Thanks a lot!

Edit - Hi Chris, can you please help me modify Neanderthal No More with hips dont lie. i like both the programs. i want to mix them together to get the best out it. i have really bad posture. Right now i am focusing on getting the posture corrected and also get my core and back strong. another thing, is there videos available for all the exercises design in the programs?

Thanks a lot man!