T Nation

Neanderthal No More Questions

I'm 17, and have been lifting for a year now. In that time, I have seen great gains on my squat and deadlift, but my bench has only been average. Right now im doing 5/3/1 (on my 3rd cycle, so a little less then 3 months) and im setting rep records on my squat, but not my bench or Overhead press. In fact, my bench is about the same it was 6 months ago, and im wondering if my horrible posture is holding me back. My current maxes:

Bench: 185 lbs
Squat: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 365 lbs
Overhead Press: 125 lbs

I have a lot of posture problems, according to the Neanderthal No More articles. Rounded shoulders, knock-kneed legs, weight on inside of feet with almost no weight on outside of foot, feet turned out, head forward, aterior tilt.

What im wondering is if anyone has done the Neanderthal No More workouts and if they were successful or if I should just keep doing a "normal" routine and not worry too much about it. Also, is the program really only 4 weeks and my posture should be fixed? And what if I can't do some of the exercises because I don't have bands or a cable machine availible? Like face pulls, Low pulley external rotations, woodchops, etc.

Any help is really appreciated, this is something that has been bothering me a lot lately.

Also how heavy of a weight would I use for the exercises?

I’d like to know this as well.

[quote]fisch wrote:
Also how heavy of a weight would I use for the exercises?[/quote]

With these focus on the movement, not the load. Keep reps relatively high (12-20).

[quote]fisch wrote:
I’m 17, and have been lifting for a year now. In that time, I have seen great gains on my squat and deadlift, but my bench has only been average. Right now im doing 5/3/1 (on my 3rd cycle, so a little less then 3 months) and im setting rep records on my squat, but not my bench or Overhead press. In fact, my bench is about the same it was 6 months ago, and im wondering if my horrible posture is holding me back. My current maxes:

Bench: 185 lbs
Squat: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 365 lbs
Overhead Press: 125 lbs

I have a lot of posture problems, according to the Neanderthal No More articles. Rounded shoulders, knock-kneed legs, weight on inside of feet with almost no weight on outside of foot, feet turned out, head forward, aterior tilt.

What im wondering is if anyone has done the Neanderthal No More workouts and if they were successful or if I should just keep doing a “normal” routine and not worry too much about it. Also, is the program really only 4 weeks and my posture should be fixed? And what if I can’t do some of the exercises because I don’t have bands or a cable machine availible? Like face pulls, Low pulley external rotations, woodchops, etc.

Any help is really appreciated, this is something that has been bothering me a lot lately.[/quote]

I had a really bad posture problem. I did neanderthal no more with a normal routine. it helpse but it doesnt fix it completely. Fixing your posture is a everyday battle. It is hard.

Go see an physical therapist. You could be doing it by yourself but if you go see someone who will stretch you the fuck out for 1 hour it is far more productive than doing your own thing, regardless of how dedicated and angry you are.

For the routine: Just do more back work and less chest and bicep work