NCAA Football 2017 - AL vs GA poll at post 121

You cheer any team, LSU-perhaps?

I love the college game. *

*Got to, with Jerry driving the Cowboy bus over the cliff.

Yeah, LSU is the beautiful girl that leaves me crying at the altar year after year.

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all?

@FlatsFarmer is hoping for Tenn over Vandy for ā€˜Aā€™ conference win :wink:

1 Like

Hope you are wrong on the first one, Roll Tide!. UCF is the class of the non power 5, and USF is where Charlie Strong landed. That should be a good game.

Frogs beat Baylor 45 22 and Matt Vosen had 5.5 sacks. Said goodbye to a ton of seniors today.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Thereā€™s a game today? Many are already looking forward to next year. New coach, big stadium renovations this summer.

I feel bad for the seniors and coach Hoke. Pre Season #9 last year, And loss today would make this the worst season in Vol History! Neyland Stadium may be half empty today.

Greg Schia-NO! What a mess.

ā€œRocky Top has hit Rock Bottom.ā€
-Woody Paige

AD John Currieā€™s days are numbered. Phil Fulmer may come back to save Tenn.

Frogs handle Baylor and Bama freaks out at the sign of a fair fight. The remind me of 1983 Nebraska, 2010 Oregon, and some others. I donā€™t want to admit what I am paying to see Frogs v OU pt 2 at Jerry World. OU is on a roll and is probably better than anyone we would face in a bowl. Popular rumor is we play Bama at Cotton Bowl again at Jerry World. That would be a house divided.

Didnā€™t see that much college ball except that UT gave the game away vs Tech.
Do modern college coaches not understand things like timeouts and clock management?

New polls Clemson, Auburn, Oklahoma, Wisconsin as of now.

If OSU and OU win, does OSU get the nod over Bama?

Personally I hold the Iowa thumping too much against them for that, but that would be an interesting conversation.

A cool predictor over at fivethirtyeight.

Itā€™s a disgrace that OSU and USC are both still being discussed (the media bias is real, folks). The blowout losses to Iowa (for OSU) and Notre Dame (for USC) really ought to be disqualifiers from this conversation. Itā€™s ridiculous that Alabama currently sits outside the top 4 and is perceived as needing serious help to make it while people are still trying to justify whether OSU and USC can play their way in with wins in the league title games. Bama disemboweled everyone they played all season (even though the SEC West had a down year, and Florida State tanked, which hurt their strength of schedule); they have one loss against a fellow top-10 opponent in a rivalry game on the road. If either OSU or USC gets included while Bama is left out, fuck everything about the CFP.

(Iā€™m a B1G fan and SEC hater, for context. This isnā€™t some hurr-derr ā€œESS EEE SEEā€ fanboy)

Bama really ought to be in no matter what, if you ask me. The Miami-Clemson winner should definitely be in. Oklahoma really should be in with a win over TCU. Wisconsin should be in if they win. If either OU or Wisconsin stumbles, I think Auburn is the next team up, assuming they beat Georgia. If two of those three (OU, Wisconsin, Auburn) lose, weā€™ve got some real chaos.

Note that all comments are made in the context of the current system. As stated before, I favor an eight-team playoff that includes the five Power 5 league champions, the highest-ranked non Power 5 team, and two wild card berths.

2 Likes

Tricky Nicky, Jalen Hurts and the Tide not in the play-off?!

reservoir_dogs_violine

I actually disagree, as someone who is an adopted Bama fan (my wife went there).

I think the winner of the Georgia/Auburn game is in. I know Auburn has 2 losses, but one is against Clemson. The LSU loss doesnā€™t seem to matter at this point because they have wins against Georgia and Bama. If they beat Georgia again, they would have wins against two #1ā€™s and a #6. Nobody else has wins that big.

That makes the SEC title winner and ACC title winner automatic bids. I donā€™t think USC is in the conversation. Currently it seems the committee values big wins and appears to be favoring OSU if they have wins over Wisconsin (talk about a weak schedule) and Penn State. Alabama doesnā€™t have a signature win against a top 10 opponent mainly due to Florida State tanking (they were ranked 3 when they played them). I disagree with the love for OSU, two loses with one being a blowout by Iowa canā€™t be overlooked.

All of this is moot if TCU wins.

I was considering a scenario today where Auburn defeats Georgia, Oklahoma wins over TCU, OSU beats Wisconsin, but Clemson loses to Miami. Could a 2-loss Clemson get in over a victorious OSU? Producing a playoff that looks like this : #1 Auburn, #2 Oklahoma, #3 Miami, and #4 Clemson?

A two-loss Clemson team still has better wins than a two-loss OSU.

My guess is Oklahoma, Auburn, Clemson, and Wisconsin win this weekend and those are the playoff teams. But anything can happenā€¦

I agree OSU and USC should be out. I wish Wisconsin and Bama played this weekend. Itā€™s too bad Bama is idle this week, it would be nice if they had a chance to play their way in rather than back in.

Wilkinson, Switzer, and Stoops all won national championships within their first couple of years of coaching at Oklahoma - iirc.

Therefore - Boomer Sooner!

Today Iā€™m a Nick Chubb Super-Fan! Go Georgia!

How do you OU supporters feel? Are you confident youā€™re in?

Win and in.

OU crushed Big 12 best defense again. They are rated high in CFP, AP, & coaches polls

GA - wow.

They said it was a down year for the SEC. Especially the East.

Ha! Georgia and Alabama are both gonna end up in there.

11-2 Ohio State, Conference Champs. Is the Big10 cancelled out?

How nervous are Ohio State fans?

Who is Saban calling on the phone, advocating to, today? ā€œHey Condi, those guys lost to Iowa!ā€

We will see.

Not an OSU fan, but I would be worried if I was either an OSU fan or a Bama. Hard to say what will happen will be unprecedented either way.

I feel like OSU disqualified themselves with multiple losses (including a very bad loss). I think the Wisconsin and PSU wins are good wins, (I currently reside in MI) but I think donā€™t think the MSU win is at the same level.

I feel like Bama failed to qualify by not getting a big win. Maybe they should get more credit or FSU win? LSU and Miss St are pretty good wins, the Fresno win took a bit of a hit last night.

Since I have to pick, Iā€™d go with Bama. OSU has a lot of talent. They out classed Wisconsin (speed to just run by), but still managed to have it go down to the wire.