NCAA Football 2017 - AL vs GA poll at post 121

Are you making the trip?

I live in the dfw metroplex so yes.

Ahhh, was going to ask if you wanted recommendations for restaurants and what not but sounds like you have it covered. Have a good weekend!

1 Like

What a day. Bama and UGA take care of business. Frogs got a nice win over UT. UT has a great defense. Hermann has them going in right direction. Very impressed w their defensive tackles and linebackers. Tough against the run.

What can I say about the Bedlam game?

West Virginia beats Iowa State. Glad both teams in Frogs rear view mirror.

Where did Iowa come from? Michigan State w a big upset.

This is fun!

Agreed Spike.

My CFP rankings for week 11 are Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson with Notre Dame, TCU, & Miami waiting on a slip from above them.

Iowa has been a good team all season and is brutally tough at home (PSU barely got out of there with a win a few weeks back).

The B1G is deeper with good teams than people realize. Iowa, MSU, Northwestern are all better than people think.

I was not surprised that Iowa beat OSU, but I was shocked by the magnitude. Thatā€™s what can happen when you donā€™t show up ready to play against a tough, well-coached veteran team thatā€™s looking for a signature win to make their season. Mad props to the Hawkeyes. It was fabulous to watch if youā€™re the underdog-loving sort that I am.

I think both PSU and OSU suffered the hangover effects from last weekā€™s game. Thatā€™s no excuse - merely an observation, itā€™s really tough to be ready to play a big game two weeks in a row. When you look st the schedule, as a coach, you want to see Indiana or Purdue or Illinois waiting the week after PSU/OSU/Michigan on your schedule, not Iowa or Northwestern or MSU (teams that are good enough to make you pay if youā€™re not ready).

1 Like

This is kind of my attitude towards the Big 12. I am not sure how good TCU or OU are compared to the national stage but internally the conference is as competitive as anyone. OSU and WVU are very competitive, ISU is much improved, as is Texas, K State is usually top 3 in conference but is having hard time keeping a healthy QB. Tech is always a good game and Jones Stadium is probably haunted.

Great weekend of games. Looking forward to games next week. I am glad the committee doesnā€™t put out ranking from the start of the season. But why do they start this early? I assume so ESPN can make money of put on a show?

I mean TCU@OK and ND@Miami will clarify a lot. Plus everyone hates of Wisconsinā€™s schedule, well they have Iowa next week. Maybe that will count for something? Bama looks great, but they are finally getting to some competitionā€¦ Still way to early to say anything.

Yes, I agree. But all the media is saying it ā€œit was a bad week for the Big Ten.ā€ Why? Because two Big Ten teams lost to two other teams who are in the Big Ten. That being said it is tougher to make a case of a Big Ten team in the playoff. But if Wisconsin wins out they at least deserve consideration because I think the West is better than it is perceived.

Agreed

Kind of donā€™t understand the way the polls operate.

Ranked team beats ranked team (say OU over OSU) but doesnā€™t move ahead of team ranked higher, that beats unranked team mildly. Just using as an example here.

Or number 1 just seems to stay on top if they stayed undefeated, why would it not be more fluid to reflect rising and falling merit?

Polls are in part poplularity contest, part drama/talking points. I donā€™t necessarily agree with UGA ranked ahead of Bama but Bama will have played 3 ranked teams in 4 games before the 2 hopefully meet in Atlanta, so kind of a moot point.

So excited about Saturday Frogs at OU. Pondered making the trip but rather keep the cash. Thereā€™s a good chance the 2 meet again at Jerry World in a month.

Just saw a promo video that the Road to Omaha starts in 100 days. Now that jamie is home Iā€™m having to relearn this basketball thing too.

Great time to be a Frog fan. When I was a kid we stunk at every sport.

Went to a couple of Frog BB games 20ish years ago, while living in DFW.

College hoops - live with 1000s of hollering fans is mucho fun.

Tomorrow should be fun with 2v10 Georgia/Auburn, 5v8 TCU/OU, and 3v7 Notre Dame/Miami

Ou kicked our butts. My hat is off to them.

Bama found a way to win but couldnā€™t watch because the sports bar I was at was dumb.

Enjoyed the Miami result, and where did Auburn come from?

Navy beat SMU.

It has been a fun year.

Butch Jones out as Tennessee head coach.

3-0 in bowl games. 6 players drafted into NFL in '17. Not enough wins in Conference. Too many close losses and blown leads.

TN paid him like $20 million, so heā€™ll be OK. I expect him to get a job pretty soon, and be successful somewhere else.

1 Like

@Spike9726
Guess weā€™ll get to look at this again Tues.

Should see a rematch in a few weeks - Iā€™ll wait to gloat, after watching lackluster 2nd half for OU O.

I could see OU winning the whole thing. If you had told me in August that TCU would be 8-2 and in top 10 I would have been happy.

Since TCU is probably out of playoffs, barring some type of nuclear holocaust, I will spend the $ and go to Jerry World for the rematch. If OU wins again I will root for them in playoffs (Except against Bama). I appreciate the fact that they played us in football several times between the breakup of the SWC and our entrance to Big 12. That and a home n home in baseball every year. Went up to Norman for a baseball game last year. Gorgeous facility and cool fans.

I also saw a projection that if Bama misses playoffs they come to Cotton at Jerry World. I would be there for that. They have lost 5 linebackers for year and Miss State was able to run on them.

People are mean.

Frogs handled Tech, with backups in several key areas. I think Kingsbury is gone. Bama and Auburn played body bags. Friday is Senior day with Baylor at home. Frogs should get a rematch with OU at Jerry World, also an 11am kickoff. Looking forward to watching the Iron Bowl with my uncle.

Rivalry week picks:
Auburn over Alabama
WA St over Washington
SC over Clemson
OSU over Michigan

Others - no idea or care, but Central Florida vs Southern Florida might be entertaining, just looking at their records.
Have barely even heard of either team.

Some bold picks there. (Not a criticism, just an observation.)

1 Like