NBA Western Conference Playoff Push

Shaq looked really stupid without his mustache.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Shaq looked really stupid without his mustache.[/quote]

Agreed.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

Agreed.

-dizzle[/quote]

Seconded. And good call Dizzle about NO not getting enough respect…where in NO do you go to school? One of my best friends is studying at Tulane. I need to get out there to visit sometime.

I don’t think NO is equipped well for playoff basketball when the game slows down and becomes more physical. They also have the toughest schedule remaining of the teams I picked to make the playoffs, so I can’t see them hanging on to the division lead. The thing is, in the West the difference between the #4 seed and the #8 seed could be 2 or 3 games and if you don’t win your division, you’re in that group.

Oh, and I really like my Lakers prediction after last night’s game. Would that game have been close if Bynum was in the lineup? Time will tell.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Shaq looked really stupid without his mustache.[/quote]

Thirded (I think I just made up a word).

[quote]SprinterOne wrote:
I don’t think NO is equipped well for playoff basketball when the game slows down and becomes more physical. They also have the toughest schedule remaining of the teams I picked to make the playoffs, so I can’t see them hanging on to the division lead. The thing is, in the West the difference between the #4 seed and the #8 seed could be 2 or 3 games and if you don’t win your division, you’re in that group.
[/quote]

I feel like West and Chandler are more than adequate down low.

[quote]
Oh, and I really like my Lakers prediction after last night’s game. Would that game have been close if Bynum was in the lineup? Time will tell.[/quote]

That made me sick.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

Thirded (I think I just made up a word).[/quote]

Fourthed.

The Lakers also sadden and frighten me. NO has my respect, just for being ahead of them.

The reason NO isn’t getting a ton of respect is because Johnnie-come-lately’s generally flame out pretty quickly in the playoffs.

In the past, teams generally have had to pay their dues as early-round cannon fodder for a couple of years or so before they ascended to ‘legitimate contender’ status.

NO hasn’t even made the playoffs since 2004, so people are pretty skeptical about them suddenly becoming a legit title contender straight out of the blue.

The Nuggets are my team!

I would love to see them get past the first round of the playoffs! This it their year to make it to round two!!!

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
The reason NO isn’t getting a ton of respect is because Johnnie-come-lately’s generally flame out pretty quickly in the playoffs.

In the past, teams generally have had to pay their dues as early-round cannon fodder for a couple of years or so before they ascended to ‘legitimate contender’ status.

NO hasn’t even made the playoffs since 2004, so people are pretty skeptical about them suddenly becoming a legit title contender straight out of the blue.[/quote]

The only reason they haven’t made the playoffs (which is arguable) is because they’ve been bogged down by injuries. Everyone is finally healthy this season and look what’s happening.

Peja and Bobby Jackson have more than enough playoff experience, and although that won’t mean much because Peja is the only player in the starting lineup with respectable experience it still has to count for something.

Chandler and David West can dominate in the paint, but West also has that dirty mid-range jumper which will make people like Odum, Stoudamire, Duncan, Bynum etc. play further from the basket, and consequently naturally drop their rebounding numbers. Tyson Chandler is also leading the NBA in offensive rebounds.

I feel like our playoff contention is still questionable because of a) our lack of experience, and b) our come-out-of-nowhere situation. Like I said though, the only reason we came out of nowhere is because everyone is finally healthy.

We annhilated the Spurs the last time we played them and beat them in the last two, we crushed the Mavs with their newly acquired PG wonderboy, and the Suns haven’t beaten us once this year. I believe that we have a really good shot of winning the West and I for sure believe we’ll win our division, but only time will tell.

Also, I go to school at Loyola University. We’re right across the street from Tulane.

-dizzle

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

NO hasn’t even made the playoffs since 2004, so people are pretty skeptical about them suddenly becoming a legit title contender straight out of the blue.[/quote]

Kinda like the Grizzlies a couple years back. Doink.

EDIT: And Clippers.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:

Peja and Bobby Jackson have more than enough playoff experience, and although that won’t mean much because Peja is the only player in the starting lineup with respectable experience it still has to count for something.

-dizzle[/quote]

Good post, except they just traded Jackson. I agree with everything else, really.

Loyola is pretty cool, I hear.

Warriors fucked up against Atlanta. Jesus.

San Antonio is making their annual transformation.

They’re a good but not great team until February, but then turn into the Borg for the remainder of the season.

33-18 on Feb 11, 2007 only to rip off 25 out of their next 28 en route to the title.

28-16 and in 6th place on Jan 29, 2008. 12-1 since to take the lead out West…

The Spurs are rolling now. If I’m in the Western Conference, I’m sweating some major bullets.

no one wants to play the spurs.

i’m hoping the warriors roll on into the sixth seed and get phoenix…webber looks better than shaq lately and nash can’t play defense, we’ll score 150 against them