T Nation

NBA Slam Dunk Contest

I think it is between Superman
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2009/01/30/nba_as2009_dhoward_top10dunks.nba/index.html

and Nate Robinson
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2009/01/30/nba_as2009_nrobinson_top10dunks.nba/index.html

I didn’t realize anyone watched it anymore

On a more important note, who is that in your avatar?

Go Superman Go

[quote]dracbest wrote:
Go Superman Go[/quote]

x2 Dwight!

Any one seen the new Air Jordan 23s? They look out of this world.

J.R. Smith got robbed during his first contest. It won’t happen again, mark it down. Also, Rudy Fernandez will be the worst contestant ever.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
J.R. Smith got robbed during his first contest. It won’t happen again, mark it down. Also, Rudy Fernandez will be the worst contestant ever.[/quote]

Maybe, but I’m willing to give a chance to someone that posterized Dwight fucking Howard.

Rudy was great actually but Nate and Dwight just had to go in final.
Nate earned his win.

LOL @ DRACBESTS AVATAR!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

[quote]totti13 wrote:
Nate earned his win.[/quote]

Is that a joke? Fernandez SUCKED. Smith’s first dunk shoulda been more than a 43, and Howard’s first shoulda been a 45 tops. Smith bullshitted his second attempt away. I’ve seen him do a behind the back 360. Nate Robinson should’ve been disqualified. He jumped off of somebody. What the fuck was that? Howard’s second dunk was cool. This was a shitty contest. What a letdown.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
totti13 wrote:
Nate earned his win.

Is that a joke? Fernandez SUCKED. Smith’s first dunk shoulda been more than a 43, and Howard’s first shoulda been a 45 tops. Smith bullshitted his second attempt away. I’ve seen him do a behind the back 360. Nate Robinson should’ve been disqualified. He jumped off of somebody. What the fuck was that? Howard’s second dunk was cool. This was a shitty contest. What a letdown.[/quote]

Nate had a 52% win over superman…

The kryptonite was too strong.

Nate Robinson used someone to propel himself upwards on two of his four attempts. He should’ve been dq’d, point blank. Shoulda been a Smith/ Howard final. What a gay contest.

Ah,Fernandez got ripped, but Nate deserved the win. Howard was dissapointing IMO. Smith was fine. Not the best year that is for sure

This contest stopped being fun to watch a long time ago.

I still think J. Rich’s last two dunks in the last contest he was in (I can’t recall if he won it that year)…well, the year where he missed his last dunk…those were two of the most technically challenging dunks I’ve ever seen.

Nate is 5 fucking 8. They just don’t want to give it to him because of his height (they don’t want to make it seem like they’re just impressed with height).

I still think hes the most talented dunker. Seriously… 5’ 8". He can’t even palm the damn ball and he STILL does insane shit with it.

Dwights first sure wasnt for 50.
Nate has a huge huge vertical, he jumped over 6 foot 11 inches

Ya definitely not a 50, and he pushed/moved Howard’s head a big so it was not quite 6’11 but sill being able to jump over something a foot taller than you while holding a basketball is definitely a 50

I felt like Rudy got ripped a little too much, when he finally hit that dunk, it was pretty damn impressive.

Would have been better 20 attempts earlier though.

the off the side of the backboard dunk was easily the best one of the night… but going into the phonebooth… dwight knows how to put on a show, i can’t wait to see him and lebron go at it next year.

But nowadays its really difficult to be inventive