NBA Season 2013-2014

^^ this reminds me of a discussion I was just having:

So you’re building a team right now, Lebron and Durant seem obvious 1-2 guys to start building around.

So who’s next? And can’t we already consider P George there?

(the original question was ‘Harden vs George’, which sure seems like no-brainer to me)

Sad news for all the bulls fans.

I always thought rose seemed like a good guy and I’m bummed for him and Chicago fans. IMO, he’s done for. Reminds me a lot of the situation with Roy up in Portland. Tons of skill but bum knees cut his career short. Sucky.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Sad news for all the bulls fans.

I always thought rose seemed like a good guy and I’m bummed for him and Chicago fans. IMO, he’s done for. Reminds me a lot of the situation with Roy up in Portland. Tons of skill but bum knees cut his career short. Sucky.[/quote]

Not to take away from your point, but was recently looking at Roy’s stats and he wasn’t as statistically impressive as people remember him being. His best year was 22/4/4. Always felt like he was promoted so heavily 'cause he was a legitimately good dude (I lived in Portland for a bit and by all accounts he was a class act). Not saying he didn’t have game, just saying people remember him being better than he was.

Oh, I thought Rose was done as a force after watching him move in the preseason. Last night all but seals it.

Rocket’s have the best PG roster in the league:

Beverley
Lin
Brooks

[quote]chillain wrote:
^^ this reminds me of a discussion I was just having:

So you’re building a team right now, Lebron and Durant seem obvious 1-2 guys to start building around.

So who’s next? And can’t we already consider P George there?

(the original question was ‘Harden vs George’, which sure seems like no-brainer to me)

[/quote]

I’d build around a 1999-2007 Duncan over a LeBron or Durant. My first choice would be the player I can definitely say would make the rest of my roster better. Kind of like fuel powering a motor (i.e. my team). Then an LBJ, then Durant. Thinking about that type of player now, it would undoubtedly be LeBron because after Duncan, I can’t think of any other player in the last 15 or so years that was both big time on the court and a leader in the sense of making the rest of the team better.

But back to your question, as you have LBJ and Durant at 1 and 2 respectively, there’s not really a name that stands out. Probably a Kevin Love and Paul George - basically a guy, or guys you can rely on because they produce consistently at a high level.

wow what happened to cleveland and kyrie. spurs led by 40 in the third quarter.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
wow what happened to cleveland and kyrie. spurs led by 40 in the third quarter.[/quote]

they passed on Harrison Barnes, and Olideepo…

they suck real bad, and need to make some major roster moves.

anthony benett is said to be the new kwame brown. i thought kyrie irving would be one of the rising stars (maybe even up to superstardom in a few years). Doesn’t seem to be happening. Stephen curry on the other hand… :smiley:

What’s up with the Blazers? lol

When John Wall got drafted in 2010 I publicly stated in the NBA thread at the time that I thought he was going to be the next Derrick Rose i.e. “D-Rose-esque.” I got heat, which was fair, but you can’t doubt NOW that he’s starting to get that steam in the engine and build momentum. He has the physical tools to be great, maybe not Rose’s 100% capabilities, but close enough to say he’s one of the most explosive, and dangerous, guards in the game.

Raj, how you been man? You still frequent these boards regularly?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
When John Wall got drafted in 2010 I publicly stated in the NBA thread at the time that I thought he was going to be the next Derrick Rose i.e. “D-Rose-esque.” I got heat, which was fair, but you can’t doubt NOW that he’s starting to get that steam in the engine and build momentum. He has the physical tools to be great, maybe not Rose’s 100% capabilities, but close enough to say he’s one of the most explosive, and dangerous, guards in the game. [/quote]

he still needs to get a more consistent jumper though. but other than that, yeap he’s good. He’s not as explosive as D-rose and westbrook. But damn is he quick/fast.

Hopefully he wont be the next derrick rose and blow both his knees out though

[quote]LTKO wrote:

When John Wall got drafted in 2010 I publicly stated in the NBA thread at the time that I thought he was going to be the next Derrick Rose i.e. “D-Rose-esque.” I got heat, which was fair, but you can’t doubt NOW that he’s starting to get that steam in the engine and build momentum. He has the physical tools to be great, maybe not Rose’s 100% capabilities, but close enough to say he’s one of the most explosive, and dangerous, guards in the game. [/quote]

he still needs to get a more consistent jumper though. but other than that, yeap he’s good. He’s not as explosive as D-rose and westbrook. But damn is he quick/fast.

Hopefully he wont be the next derrick rose and blow both his knees out though[/quote]

And he can’t guard his own shadow, hit an open 16-footer or lead his team to wins. A real gem, that guy.

this year’s OKC-GS games have been absolutely insane:

two weeks ago Game 1: NBA CIRCLE - OKC Thunder Vs Golden State Warriors Highlights 14 Nov. 2013 www.nbacircle.com - YouTube

last night’s Game 2: - YouTube

Raj, how you been man? You still frequent these boards regularly?[/quote]

Hey Get,

Just saw this. I do check the boards multiple times a week but haven’t been watching too much basketball.

I did away with the $100+/month cable so haven’t been paying attention.

Winter + watching the Raptors regularly = bad mood heh.

Basically after seeing the Blue Jays absolutely tank after extremely high hopes AND seeing the Red Sox win the World Series made me realize I should probably fuel my free time in other directions :stuck_out_tongue:

Bynum with a 20-10 game. Good for him.

yea. he is SKILLED. his post moves and footwork makes blake griffin, howard and deandre jordan look like bums.

Seriously, howard has been in the league for so long. but all he got is an inconsistent jump hook. :confused:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
yea. he is SKILLED. his post moves and footwork makes blake griffin, howard and deandre jordan look like bums.

Seriously, howard has been in the league for so long. but all he got is an inconsistent jump hook. :confused: [/quote]

best big man in the league if he can stay on the floor. Plus factor his contract is most incentive based so he’s motivated to play well. Great signing by the Cavs, their work in the draft is another issue…

lol @ anthony benett. oladipo and MCW ftw