T Nation

NBA Season 2013-2014

What no thread?

This will be a fun year to taunt all the Lakers fans.

So what're your predictions this year? A Heat 3-peat?

Will Dwight and the Rockets gel? Will the Knicks rise or implode?

Discuss

Go Nets!

Heat will not 3-peat!!!

D Rose looks like shit so far and was wayyyyyy too hyped up this season. Overrated.

MICHAEL CARTER WILLIAMS ROY.

Pelicans look decent. Strong backcourt.

Caveliers may go deep into playoffs if bynum is back and healthy.

GSW is exciting to watch as fuarrrrrrk. Klay thompson and Steph curry are just taking turns to get hot. And if A.I picks up the offense, they’re quite unstoppable offensively.

Lakers… :frowning:

Heat can 3-peat if oden and beasly provides some size and offense. *if oden is healthy and beasly stops smoking weed.

Nets look great. They are big as hell. Even their PG is pretty jacked. Good bench too.

Blake griffin and DJ still cant perform consistently in the post.

Harden is the best SG there is in the game now.

This season gon be fun

Should be a good fun season but who knows.

Right now I don’t see the heat winning it because of a few factors but who knows what will happen.

Can’t we just fast forward to January already?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My Knicks dont look good but its early…losing Chandler is really going to hurt…hopefully they could hover around 500 until he gets back. They have a bunch of new players, so they need time, I had confidence that they could be a 50 win team, I have tempered the expectations to about 45-48.

The Good -

Hardaway Jr looks like a good player, not shy to shoot, good defensive player.
Shump - Is ready to take the next step.
Metta - Still has something left in the tank.
They are very deep.

The Bad -

Chandler out 4-6 weeks, looked great out of the gate.
Melo - Shooting like garbage
Bargniani - If he aint shooting well he doesent offer anything. Fortunately he had an excellent game playing (gasp) center yesterday

The Ugly

Stat - I really like the guy but he may be shot, and its sad. He doesent have the same hops he once had, every time he gets to the basket he gets his shots block, hes always been an awful ball handler so he is a TO machine. He still has lateral quickness with the ball so he gets to the basket with ease, he just cannot finish.

Woodson has to realize, that the Knicks are best playing small with a 3 guard rotation at times, or starting 2 pgs in the backcourt (Prigs and Felton).

[quote]LTKO wrote:

GSW is exciting to watch as fuarrrrrrk. Klay thompson and Steph curry are just taking turns to get hot. And if A.I picks up the offense, they’re quite unstoppable offensively.

Heat can 3-peat if oden and beasly provides some size and offense. *if oden is healthy and beasly stops smoking weed.

Nets look great. They are big as hell. Even their PG is pretty jacked. Good bench too.

This season gon be fun[/quote]

The Nets look great? oh rlly?

Should be an interesting season.

I really don’t see anyone other than Miami three-peating. I hate them and they aren’t as good as last year but the competition either a) lack championship chemistry, b) lack experience, or c) just didn’t get better.

Oden and Bynum will be busts. Oden will retire before the season is out.

Houston, OKC and BKN are the only real contenders to Miami. Indiana is a 2012/13 Memphis Grizzlies, CHI lacks another wing scorer (again). GSW will struggle with injuries which will cost them a top 2 spot and a place in the WCF. NYK and BOS are no longer relevant.

Cant put Boston and NYK in the same no longer relevant category…doesent make sense… 1 team is clearly rebuilding and the other is arguably a top 5 team in the east, and definitley a playoff team. While I DO NOT think they will get any further than maybe a 2nd round playoff appearance…irrelevant isnt what they should be classified as…

The Pacers are the biggest threat to the Heat and will go to the finals

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

well…i’m talking about on paper. Deron williams getting his stride back. lopez, garnett, blathe, AK47 are a pretty good front court. pierce and johnson just need to nail their shots. i’m not an expert though. just a 22yo who loves bball. :slight_smile:

why don’t you think so though?

MICHAEL CARTER WILLIAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. seems to be the real deal.

and lets hope for boston’s sake that jeff green continues performing.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

well…i’m talking about on paper. Deron williams getting his stride back. lopez, garnett, blathe, AK47 are a pretty good front court. pierce and johnson just need to nail their shots. i’m not an expert though. just a 22yo who loves bball. :slight_smile:

why don’t you think so though?[/quote]

Being as the season already started and they are 2-4, you said they looked great.

Stayed up late to watch the OKC/GS game, totally worth it. It’s early but the West looks so wide open this year.

Everyone sleeping on the Spurs again.

Isn’t it like the most amazing thing in pro sports how the Spurs have been elite for like 15 consecutive seasons? Number 1 they have the best coach in the league. They’re successful because not only do they value the ideology of solid defense and team-play but they execute with accuracy and consistency. There are teams in the league more talented than San Antonio but no one plays as consistently as them. That’s something derived from a powerful culture facilitated by off-court (management and Pop) and on-court leadership (Tim, Parker and Ginobli).

On another note, remember when everyone was saying Felton > Lin? Where the fuck are the critics who harassed Lin’s game, and more importantly, his potential? He’s no Steve Nash or A.I but he’s got skills and guts. 12ppg my ass.

Oh, and the Knicks are a fucking joke.

goooo pacers. what are the odds that they remain undefeated FOREVAAAA. solid defense and they have new found offense in PG, scola and stephenson

Has anyone else checked out the new player stat tracking feature on NBA.com?

Worth a good look at.

Still way too earlier but some comparisons so far with the Cavs

Mike Brown = Wade Phillips
Kyrie = Stephon Marbury
Anythony Bennett = jamarcus russell

the team is a mess

nets lost to bobcats without al jefferson. one team can only sink so low…

knicks are sucking big time too

aside from the pacers, heatles, and bulls the east is complete garbage this year.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
goooo pacers. what are the odds that they remain undefeated FOREVAAAA. solid defense and they have new found offense in PG, scola and stephenson[/quote]

IND already looks so much better than last year, as legit a contender as anyone (reminds me of this year’s SEA in NFL)

Of course its early and they need the key guys healthy and productive in april/may but wow, both George and Stephenson have taken the next step in their development (and both got seriously high ceilings)