NBA 2014-2015 Regular Season Thread

So the new NBA season is about to start.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Damn! is everyone from last year gone?

Raptors beat the Hawks but almost blew a huge lead in the 4th. Didn’t watch much of it, game 7 of the World Series and all.

Did anyone watch Kobe’s return?

The NBA is a joke now. It’s so clearly staged that it’s no longer interesting. I’ll watch from time to time 'cause I enjoy the game, but I can’t take it seriously.

Saw most of it. He looks good all things considered. Barring another injury, he’ll average about 25 a game. Just has to get his land legs back. Lakers look like shit.

Well the Knicks still suck so my interest will be limited.

Kobe should expect to get elbowed if he gets up in Howard’s face.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
The NBA is a joke now. [/quote]

Now?

I thought you’ve been saying that for years.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
The NBA is a joke now. [/quote]

Now?

I thought you’ve been saying that for years.[/quote]

Haha, by “now” I meant that it’s too blatant to overlook.

Suck a Dick Lebron…not on Melo’s watch! Fuck you Charles Barkley you dumb sonofabich

lolololol…hey for one night it was nice to see him dissapointed. And K.Love, stop flexing, your arms look like boiled check breasts.

QUINCY ACY = DENNIS RODMAN!

we will probably lose to Charlotte by 30

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Suck a Dick Lebron…not on Melo’s watch! Fuck you Charles Barkley you dumb sonofabich

lolololol…hey for one night it was nice to see him dissapointed. And K.Love, stop flexing, your arms look like boiled check breasts.

[/quote]

Well aren’t you a Ray of sunshine this morning?

Honestly don’t see anyone but the Cavs atop the East. I don’t particularly like the chances of anyone else in the East.

I bet Rose’s knees will explode again this year, Bosh is now the Heats #1 option (LOL), Wizards? Maybe they can surprise I suppose. Raptors? On the upswing but still a 2nd round team at best.

Looking forward to the Bulls and Cavs coming up.

Going to be watching more NOP games this season to see Anthony Davis steal souls. He’ll be a sleeper for MVP this year.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
The NBA is a joke now. It’s so clearly staged that it’s no longer interesting. I’ll watch from time to time 'cause I enjoy the game, but I can’t take it seriously.

Saw most of it. He looks good all things considered. Barring another injury, he’ll average about 25 a game. Just has to get his land legs back. Lakers look like shit.[/quote]
You don’t have to really watch until the playoffs happen since half of the teams make it to the playoffs anyways.

I agree with you though. Can’t wait until college basketball starts.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Well aren’t you a Ray of sunshine this morning?

Honestly don’t see anyone but the Cavs atop the East. I don’t particularly like the chances of anyone else in the East.

I bet Rose’s knees will explode again this year, Bosh is now the Heats #1 option (LOL), Wizards? Maybe they can surprise I suppose. Raptors? On the upswing but still a 2nd round team at best.

[/quote]

LOL, I agree I can only see the Bulls competing with the Cavs, but what a surprise Rose is hurt…again.

Overall however the East should be fun to watch as the Wizards, Raptors, Heat are IMO pretty evenly matched with Charlotte, Atlanta, Detroit, Nets, Knicks duking it out for the other spots. I feel the knicks can be an around 500 team if things break right and maybe a 7th or 8th seed tops.

I really think the Pacers will struggle and hope they struggle

Is it me or are there an unusually large number of charging fouls this year already?

Raptors are 7-1. Super easy schedule but still taking care of business. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts

Wow,

1. Lakers are shit. Boozer and Lin are horrible.
  2. Knicks are shit. Hah, bet he wished he signed with the Bulls now.
  3. Cavs are…kinda shitty. Is it because Irving + Love = shit defense?
  4. Not even gonna mention the 76ers. The coach kicked the ball to get a tech when they were up by a few points in the fourth quarter. SMH.
  5. Durant + Westbrook getting injured = no hope for OKC. I think they’re done.
  6. Demarcus Cousins is really beasting it out there. So is A.Davis. Think they’re the top two big men in the league right now.
  7. GSW is pretty much the most entertaining team right now. Stephen curry might be the best PG out there too. Klay Thompson for best SG? He’s great at both defense and offense and he’s consistent. Not like harden.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

1. Lakers are shit. Boozer and Lin are horrible. [/quote]

I wonder what it’s like for Laker fans to watch Kobe put up an empty 27 on 38% shooting.

Must be rough. What’s he going to do now? It seems like the dude might as well retire rather than end his career as a high priced bum.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

1. Cavs are…kinda shitty. Is it because Irving + Love = shit defense?[/quote]

Haven’t watched them yet but the Heat started off 9-8 when Lebron first moved to Miami. Is anyone really surprised by their slow start? They’ll be fine.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
5) Durant + Westbrook getting injured = no hope for OKC. I think they’re done.[/quote]

Yeah - you need 50 wins to get into the playoffs in the West. Funny how the 2 players featured on NBA 2k15 went down, Durant (cover athlete) and Paul George (does a lot of voice in the game).

Also Raptors 8-2 and Grizzlies 9-1. They play on Wednesday… can’t wait

In the game against GSW:

Bryant finished the game with 44 points. Lin finished with zero points, two rebounds, 1 assist

Basically this is a microcosm of the Lakers season.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

1. Lakers are shit. Boozer and Lin are horrible. [/quote]

I wonder what it’s like for Laker fans to watch Kobe put up an empty 27 on 38% shooting.

Must be rough. What’s he going to do now? It seems like the dude might as well retire rather than end his career as a high priced bum.

[/quote]

What an incredibly unfair comment. Bryant has missed basically a year and half due to 2 serious injuries, is 36 and playing on a team full of nobodies. His %'s will climb and his numbers will still be great. The Lakers suck though.

Oh, he put up 44 in 31 minutes and didn’t play at all in the 4th. Coulda got 60, easy.

I think that Kobe could still do well with a solid team around him. Although he is definitely getting older + the two major injuries don’t help. With regards to his shooting %, imagine yourself playing recre on the court. You got four bums on your team who can’t score for shit. You’d rather take all the shots yourself man.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

What an incredibly unfair comment. Bryant has missed basically a year and half due to 2 serious injuries, is 36 and playing on a team full of nobodies. His %'s will climb and his numbers will still be great. The Lakers suck though.

Oh, he put up 44 in 31 minutes and didn’t play at all in the 4th. Coulda got 60, easy.
[/quote]

That’s all true, but every season is a restart. I’m judging him up to this point in this season. If we look at him with respect to his advanced age, previous accolades and injury history well then… I can’t say anything.