NBA 2012 - 2013

LETS ROLL GUYS.

just caught wizs vs knicks. the knicks seem to be really deep. especially in the front court. amare, chandler, m.camby, rasheed wallace. (although they’re a tad old)

and i can’t wait to watch LA vs HEATs. gonna be so frikking awesome

rajraj is steaming somewhere he didnt get to start this thread. Must be too occupied with baseball.

I’m rooting for SA, Dallas and Miami as usual.

yea its my time to shine! hahaha.

not rooting for any specific teams really…but i’m excited to watch

-how the new lakers can work together, and whether their lack of depth will show. (barnes and blake should be traded/given away)

-the new brooklyn nets!

-ray allen and rashard lewis in the heat! there’s gonna be alot of 3 pointers being made this season

dallas doesn’t seem like it has anything left.

Lakers vs. Heat in the finals; god help us with a Lakers win.

Knicks most overrated, talked about team in the league; again.
Nets will finish with a better record.

OKC with Perry Jones will be hard to stop, and most entertaining to watch.

Kyrie will continue breaking ankles, and dominating the 4th quarter on way to being recognized as a top 5 PG.

“OKC with Perry Jones”… c’mon man.

Perry Jones is an untested rookie. Let’s wait a bit…

timberwolves seem to have a decent roster.

guards: barea, ridnour, roy, rubio

forwards and big men: love, ak47, derrick williams, chase budinger and pekovic

seem to be quite deep if they don’t have any health/injury problems. not many all stars but many of these guys could be valuable role players.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
rajraj is steaming somewhere he didnt get to start this thread. Must be too occupied with baseball.

I’m rooting for SA, Dallas and Miami as usual.[/quote]

Har har har

Matt Barnes is a clipper

matt barnes is USELESS. iman shumpert seems to be a better player than him.

hoping the front court of the lakers can be BIG.

dwight, pau, antawn jamison and jordan hill (i hope he turns out to be like the faried/manimal

who cares? its october 15the and its football all day. nba is boring until April…

Celtics fan, but I know I’m probably going to go through the same misery as the baseball season. So I’ll be backing Chicago in the East and OKC in the west. I think the Knicks got a hell of a team with a lot of potential. I hate the heat, respect Wade though. And I still absolutely hate the lakers. Howard is a bitch, I hope he has back problems again this year and doesn’t play more than 40 games. Still got love for Nash but he’s an enemy now. Kobe is still an arrogant prick(pretty stupid comments he made about Smush Parker), but I still respect his game. Really can’t wait for the season to start.

Don’t really have a favorite team, just favorite players. I love watching Melo play just because he is a pure scorer. KG is my favorite player though. Lakers will definitely be awesome to watch. Maybe Steve Nash will repeat his APG from last year. I hate the Heat and hope for a Lakers championship(actually any team to win the ship besides the Heat). I feel like Blake Griffin is overrated and the Clippers aren’t a good team at all, Paul absolutely carries them. Should be an exciting season…

Really looking forward to this season, basketball in NYC should be electric…gonna try to get to 6 or 7 Knicks and Nets games. While the Knicks are ancient, they should be a very good defensive team with excellent depth. I really like the signing of Ronnie Brewer and hope he is able to start the season.

[quote]johnman18 wrote:
Celtics fan, but I know I’m probably going to go through the same misery as the baseball season. So I’ll be backing Chicago in the East and OKC in the west. I think the Knicks got a hell of a team with a lot of potential. I hate the heat, respect Wade though. And I still absolutely hate the lakers. Howard is a bitch, I hope he has back problems again this year and doesn’t play more than 40 games. Still got love for Nash but he’s an enemy now. Kobe is still an arrogant prick(pretty stupid comments he made about Smush Parker), but I still respect his game. Really can’t wait for the season to start. [/quote]

kobe posted this on his fb wall, "Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here’s where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It’s pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I’d rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that’s just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. Itâ??s on YOU to figure out which leadership style suits you best.

Will check back in with you soon… Till then
Mamba out"

btw, smush made some negative comments on kobe in some interviews too i believe. so i guess it evens out? and kobe > smush any day. not that the comments may not have been mean.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Really looking forward to this season, basketball in NYC should be electric…gonna try to get to 6 or 7 Knicks and Nets games. While the Knicks are ancient, they should be a very good defensive team with excellent depth. I really like the signing of Ronnie Brewer and hope he is able to start the season.

[/quote]

yea! they really have depth, especially with the bigs. m camby and t chandler are pretty defensive minded, so if people like jr smith, carmelo and amare actually play some defense, they could be pretty good.

carmelo is a beast, no idea why he hasn’t even come close to winning yet.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
matt barnes is USELESS. [/quote]

Disagreed.

He’s a guy every team wants on their bench, adds toughness and boards and even has 3-pt range. I expect him to play well alongside CP and Billups just as he would’ve played well with Nash if he had stayed with LAL.

Playing alongside Bryant… now that’s much more difficult. I mean, consistently making meaningful contributions. PF-Jordan Hill is a rare exception that comes to mind.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
kobe posted this on his fb wall, "Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here’s where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It’s pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I’d rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that’s just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. Itâ??s on YOU to figure out which leadership style suits you best.

Will check back in with you soon… Till then
Mamba out"

btw, smush made some negative comments on kobe in some interviews too i believe. so i guess it evens out? and kobe > smush any day. not that the comments may not have been mean.

[/quote]
I gotta admit that post made me have more respect for Kobe. But he’s just that guy that I’ve always hated and can’t imagine any other way haha.

johnman: yea! really made me think more on the stuff kobe “did”. there’s so much truth in that short paragraph!

btw guys, lebron james aint getting an mvp this year.

its time for…

THE WHITE MAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

^YESSSSSS!!! Gotta love Scalabrine!!

Should be a solid season. Teams seem a little more stacked this year all around. Plenty of room for some guys in smaller market teams to step up and shine. Also I think this rookie season is going to be the best for a while. Hard to pick who might get ROY.

Also hella excited to see Brandon Roy back and seemingly healthy. Dark day when that man had to retire.