NBA 2011-2012 Season Thread 2

^Career 3 point percenatage: Kobe 33.6, Michael 32.7. Less than 1percent difference, both are well below average, Kobe just took WAY more of them.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^Career 3 point percenatage: Kobe 33.6, Michael 32.7. Less than 1percent difference, both are well below average, Kobe just took WAY more of them.[/quote]

… And made way more of them. Bryant holds the record for 3’s made in a game. Also, Jordan maybe (MAYBE) jumped a bit higher, but Bryant is more acrobatic, a MUCH better ballhandler, has a much better left and has more offensive tools. Jordan was stronger and tougher mentally. There’s SEVERAL ex players and coaches who played and coached against both in their primes who’ve said on record that Bryant has much more skill than Jordan, namely Phil Jackson. What made Jordan the best (aside from his obvious physical gifts and skills) was his mind. But, don’t get it twisted: Kobe Bryant is on his own level basketball skill wise.

Wow. Just saw some surreal shit. The Warriors have some of the best fans in the NBA but they fucking blew it tonight. Chris Mullin was having his jersey retired tonight and they had a big ceremony for him at halftime, with all the surviving members of the Warriors with retired jerseys, which hasn’t happened in a long time.

Several former teammates spoke at halfcourt…and then the Warriors owner took the mic. The fans fucking booed him so loudly that Rick Barry had to step up and admonish the crowd for acting classless after several former players had just called them the greatest fans in the game, and on Chris Mullin’s night no less. They literally booed the guy off the court even after Chris Mullin defended him during part of his speech. It was absolutely ridiculous and a major blemish on what should have been a rare celebratory night for us long-time Warriors fans who grew up watching Run-TMC.

Gallinari injured again… He re-injured himself nearly as quickly as Manu did a couple of weeks ago.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Wow. Just saw some surreal shit. The Warriors have some of the best fans in the NBA but they fucking blew it tonight. Chris Mullin was having his jersey retired tonight and they had a big ceremony for him at halftime, with all the surviving members of the Warriors with retired jerseys, which hasn’t happened in a long time.

Several former teammates spoke at halfcourt…and then the Warriors owner took the mic. The fans fucking booed him so loudly that Rick Barry had to step up and admonish the crowd for acting classless after several former players had just called them the greatest fans in the game, and on Chris Mullin’s night no less. They literally booed the guy off the court even after Chris Mullin defended him during part of his speech. It was absolutely ridiculous and a major blemish on what should have been a rare celebratory night for us long-time Warriors fans who grew up watching Run-TMC.[/quote]

Damn. Is the Warriors owner that bad, and is it even still the same guy that broke up Run TMC, or traded Webber, or orchestrated anyother of the shortsighted moves of the last 20 years? And, no matter how bad he is Warriors fans should be thankful they don’t have Donald Sterling running the show.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Several former teammates spoke at halfcourt…and then the Warriors owner took the mic. The fans fucking booed him so loudly that Rick Barry had to step up and admonish the crowd for acting classless after several former players had just called them the greatest fans in the game, and on Chris Mullin’s night no less. They literally booed the guy off the court even after Chris Mullin defended him during part of his speech. It was absolutely ridiculous and a major blemish on what should have been a rare celebratory night for us long-time Warriors fans who grew up watching Run-TMC.[/quote]

Damn. Is the Warriors owner that bad, and is it even still the same guy that broke up Run TMC, or traded Webber, or orchestrated anyother of the shortsighted moves of the last 20 years? And, no matter how bad he is Warriors fans should be thankful they don’t have Donald Sterling running the show.[/quote]

No, this guy is brand new. They had a horrendous owner for about 20 years in Chris Cohan but what makes this an even more classless move is that the new owner, Joe Lacob, has shown a willingness to spend money to effect positive change for the franchise. The last owner NEVER would have made a play for Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler or pulled the trigger on a big trade like Ellis for Bogut, and he never would have had the savvy to turn around and trade a known team cancer in Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson AND a first-round pick. I’m a huge Warriors fan, but I can say without bias that the Warriors’ fans are probably the best and most knowledgeable fans in the NBA. Last night was a serious blow to that argument.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^Career 3 point percenatage: Kobe 33.6, Michael 32.7. Less than 1percent difference, both are well below average, Kobe just took WAY more of them.[/quote]

… And made way more of them. Bryant holds the record for 3’s made in a game. Also, Jordan maybe (MAYBE) jumped a bit higher, but Bryant is more acrobatic, a MUCH better ballhandler, has a much better left and has more offensive tools. Jordan was stronger and tougher mentally. There’s SEVERAL ex players and coaches who played and coached against both in their primes who’ve said on record that Bryant has much more skill than Jordan, namely Phil Jackson. What made Jordan the best (aside from his obvious physical gifts and skills) was his mind. But, don’t get it twisted: Kobe Bryant is on his own level basketball skill wise.[/quote]

He’s on his own level in the sense that no two people have the same skill set and we’ll never see his skill set again. He’s not on his own level in the sense that he was overall the most skilled basketball player in history. That would be inaccurate, and not to mention, impossible to really measure (or define) since every position requires different skills sets.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Damn. Is the Warriors owner that bad, and is it even still the same guy that broke up Run TMC, or traded Webber, or orchestrated anyother of the shortsighted moves of the last 20 years? And, no matter how bad he is Warriors fans should be thankful they don’t have Donald Sterling running the show.[/quote]

No, this guy is brand new. They had a horrendous owner for about 20 years in Chris Cohan but what makes this an even more classless move is that the new owner, Joe Lacob, has shown a willingness to spend money to effect positive change for the franchise. The last owner NEVER would have made a play for Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler or pulled the trigger on a big trade like Ellis for Bogut, and he never would have had the savvy to turn around and trade a known team cancer in Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson AND a first-round pick. I’m a huge Warriors fan, but I can say without bias that the Warriors’ fans are probably the best and most knowledgeable fans in the NBA. Last night was a serious blow to that argument.[/quote]

That sucks. From what I’ve seen he’s made some damn good moves. Don’t know how the area felt (feels) about Ellis as a player, but I always thought he was way overrated. Yeah he gets buckets, but he does it at the expense of the team. Not sure how long this guy’s been running the show, but if he keeps doing his thing the fans will come around. They’ll have no choice really.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

No, this guy is brand new. They had a horrendous owner for about 20 years in Chris Cohan but what makes this an even more classless move is that the new owner, Joe Lacob, has shown a willingness to spend money to effect positive change for the franchise. The last owner NEVER would have made a play for Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler or pulled the trigger on a big trade like Ellis for Bogut, and he never would have had the savvy to turn around and trade a known team cancer in Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson AND a first-round pick. I’m a huge Warriors fan, but I can say without bias that the Warriors’ fans are probably the best and most knowledgeable fans in the NBA. Last night was a serious blow to that argument.[/quote]

That sucks. From what I’ve seen he’s made some damn good moves. Don’t know how the area felt (feels) about Ellis as a player, but I always thought he was way overrated. Yeah he gets buckets, but he does it at the expense of the team. Not sure how long this guy’s been running the show, but if he keeps doing his thing the fans will come around. They’ll have no choice really.
[/quote]

He’s made some dumb ones too (amnestying Charlie Bell to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet, Jordan turned them down, then he signed Kwame Brown to a 7million 1yr deal and now can’t use his amnesty on the unplayable Andris Biedrins).

But booing after 1 year is fucking horrible. I wonder how many of the people booing didn’t realize they have a new owner. People are dumb.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

He’s made some dumb ones too (amnestying Charlie Bell to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet, Jordan turned them down, then he signed Kwame Brown to a 7million 1yr deal and now can’t use his amnesty on the unplayable Andris Biedrins).

But booing after 1 year is fucking horrible. I wonder how many of the people booing didn’t realize they have a new owner. People are dumb.[/quote]

No one can claim a perfect record, but he’s unloaded bad contracts, knuckleheaded players and seems to be trying to build a team the right way: through good draft picks, free agents and smart trades.

Derek Fisher to Oklahoma City, J.J. Hickson to Golden State, Terrence Williams to Sacramento and Ronny Turiaf to Miami

^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend!

So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?

Absolutely brutal, was hoping for a close game.

There was one play by Kobe that was amazing though.

1:20 mark

some reason Youtube isn’t working right now.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?

Absolutely brutal, was hoping for a close game.

There was one play by Kobe that was amazing though.

1:20 mark

some reason Youtube isn’t working right now.[/quote]

Well, we were minus 3 key players, 2 of them starters including Marion, our best defender. But yeah I wish it had been closer.

Lamar Odom makes me sick though. I think he had something like 1 point and 1 rebound in 24 minutes. The guy gets paid more money a year than I will probably see in my entire life to play a damn game and he can’t get his shit together almost 4 months after being traded.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend![/quote]

They’ll probably meet in the playoffs. I’d love to see Fisher hit a big shot to bury the Lakers. Probably won’t happen but damn that’d be poetic.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend![/quote]

They’ll probably meet in the playoffs. I’d love to see Fisher hit a big shot to bury the Lakers. Probably won’t happen but damn that’d be poetic.[/quote]

Dude, where you been?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, where you been?[/quote]

Hey Flash, whats up bro!

It’s been rough. Do you remember discussing my back issues in my training thread a few months ago? Well it just got out of control. Every couple months it would just quit on me and I’d go a week without being able to get out of bed. I couldn’t train, so I stopped coming here. The last episode, they had to get me into surgery ASAP. Got the herniated disc removed 4 weeks ago, so I’m on the road to recovery lol.

There’s some details on the surgery here in:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, where you been?[/quote]

Hey Flash, whats up bro!

It’s been rough. Do you remember discussing my back issues in my training thread a few months ago? Well it just got out of control. Every couple months it would just quit on me and I’d go a week without being able to get out of bed. I couldn’t train, so I stopped coming here. The last episode, they had to get me into surgery ASAP. Got the herniated disc removed 4 weeks ago, so I’m on the road to recovery lol.

There’s some details on the surgery here in:

[/quote]

Damn man. I remember that and your knee were jacked up. Glad you’re back feeling better man. Here’s hoping you get and stay healthy bro.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Damn man. I remember that and your knee were jacked up. Glad you’re back feeling better man. Here’s hoping you get and stay healthy bro.
[/quote]

Thanks Flash.

Yup, ACL surgery Feb 2010 and now this. Once I hit age 32, shit just went downhill real fast haha.

I’ll be playing basketball by September. I’ve been playing with zero mobility before the surgery. I’m psyched to actually get back on the court and be able to do a simple crossover (something I didn’t have the mobility to do before).

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?[/quote]

I did.

Sessions lookin like CP out there…