NBA 2011-2012 Season Thread 2

Maybe I missed the convo, but how do you guys feel about the Bogut/Ellis swap?

I’m not Monta’s biggest fan - he has a pretty similar game to Brandon Jennings and you only need one of those guys, plus they are both small and will get torched on D - but given Bogut’s recent injury history, it might be a good thing for the Bucks to get someone of value for him while they can.

I still like GSW’s side better. If healthy Bogut is a top-3 C. Also, with him being out this year, trading Ellis will lose them a bunch of games and possibly move them into the high lottery in a loaded draft. Awesome pick plus Bogut starting next year might be money.

I’m not a fan of volume shooters in general and now their backcourt is comprised of two of them. You can’t win or build with that backcourt. Both those guys take way too many shots. As well as you mentioned they can’t play defense well due to a lack of size. Not a fan of the trade for MIL. For GS will just have to wait and see.

The Lakers have traded Derek Fisher to the Rockets for Jordan Hill and a first-round pick, league source tells Y! Sports.

Kobe’s going to get mad. First Odom, now Fisher.

Blazers will acquire center Hasheem Thabeet and guard Jonny Flynn from Houston for center Marcus Camby, source tells Y!

Blazers have reached agreement in principle to send Gerald Wallace to Nets for 2 players and protected 2012 1st-round pick, source tells Y!

Lakers have agreed to a trade for Cavs point guard Ramon Sessions for a future draft pick.

League sources report a rumored trade that will send Javale McGee and Nick Young to Denver for Nene. Not confirmed though.

As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Clippers get Nick Young for as little as Brian Cook???

you guys gotta see this.

Funniest shit ever.

From ESPN:

The Lakers championship run is now…

in session.

Spurs pick up Stephen Jackson and deal Richard Jefferson to GS in a five player deal.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
From ESPN:

in session.[/quote]

They got an average serviceable PG and a backup’s backup C. They still have no scoring off the bench and the SF situation is still horrible. The Lakers hype is unbearable sometimes, I’m surprised we don’t hear about every shit Kobe takes.

SMH + Facepalm

Spurs pick up Stephen Jackson and deal Richard Jefferson to GS in a five player deal.[/quote]

In my opinion this was the only move that possibly changes the complexion of the contender debate. Spurs as always are quietly playing some of the best BBall in the league, if S Jax can shut the hell up and play he can put them over the edge.

I think Pop can keep him under control, and well if Pop cant; then nobody can.

[quote]overstand wrote:

From ESPN:

in session.[/quote]

They got an average serviceable PG and a backup’s backup C. They still have no scoring off the bench and the SF situation is still horrible. The Lakers hype is unbearable sometimes, I’m surprised we don’t hear about every shit Kobe takes.

SMH + Facepalm[/quote]

Yeah I know but the Lakers got rid of Luke Walton. Finally! I think me and Laker fans agree when I say that guy is the biggest piggy-back player in NBA history.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Clippers get Nick Young for as little as Brian Cook???[/quote]

Wizards got rid of him and only had to take back Brian Cook?

Young is soooooo much worse than his stats.

[quote]overstand wrote:

From ESPN:

in session.[/quote]

SMH + Facepalm[/quote]

From the guy who said Lin was a top-5 PG and perennial all star? Seriously?

Nick Young has 327 assists in 335 career games.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
Nick Young has 327 assists in 335 career games.[/quote]