T Nation

NBA 2011-2012 Season Thread 2

^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend!

So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?

Absolutely brutal, was hoping for a close game.

There was one play by Kobe that was amazing though.

1:20 mark

some reason Youtube isn’t working right now.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?

Absolutely brutal, was hoping for a close game.

There was one play by Kobe that was amazing though.

1:20 mark

some reason Youtube isn’t working right now.[/quote]

Well, we were minus 3 key players, 2 of them starters including Marion, our best defender. But yeah I wish it had been closer.

Lamar Odom makes me sick though. I think he had something like 1 point and 1 rebound in 24 minutes. The guy gets paid more money a year than I will probably see in my entire life to play a damn game and he can’t get his shit together almost 4 months after being traded.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend![/quote]

They’ll probably meet in the playoffs. I’d love to see Fisher hit a big shot to bury the Lakers. Probably won’t happen but damn that’d be poetic.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:
^^ OKC finally has a point guard that the Lakers can defend![/quote]

They’ll probably meet in the playoffs. I’d love to see Fisher hit a big shot to bury the Lakers. Probably won’t happen but damn that’d be poetic.[/quote]

Dude, where you been?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, where you been?[/quote]

Hey Flash, whats up bro!

It’s been rough. Do you remember discussing my back issues in my training thread a few months ago? Well it just got out of control. Every couple months it would just quit on me and I’d go a week without being able to get out of bed. I couldn’t train, so I stopped coming here. The last episode, they had to get me into surgery ASAP. Got the herniated disc removed 4 weeks ago, so I’m on the road to recovery lol.

There’s some details on the surgery here in:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, where you been?[/quote]

Hey Flash, whats up bro!

It’s been rough. Do you remember discussing my back issues in my training thread a few months ago? Well it just got out of control. Every couple months it would just quit on me and I’d go a week without being able to get out of bed. I couldn’t train, so I stopped coming here. The last episode, they had to get me into surgery ASAP. Got the herniated disc removed 4 weeks ago, so I’m on the road to recovery lol.

There’s some details on the surgery here in:

[/quote]

Damn man. I remember that and your knee were jacked up. Glad you’re back feeling better man. Here’s hoping you get and stay healthy bro.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Damn man. I remember that and your knee were jacked up. Glad you’re back feeling better man. Here’s hoping you get and stay healthy bro.
[/quote]

Thanks Flash.

Yup, ACL surgery Feb 2010 and now this. Once I hit age 32, shit just went downhill real fast haha.

I’ll be playing basketball by September. I’ve been playing with zero mobility before the surgery. I’m psyched to actually get back on the court and be able to do a simple crossover (something I didn’t have the mobility to do before).

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So did anyone watch the LAL-DAL game last night?[/quote]

I did.

Sessions lookin like CP out there…

Also, welcome back sammy_sneed.

Good to see u back and all the best with your post-op…

x2 Sam Sneed, hope you recover quickly and come back 100%

Amare is looking like Amare again, and not like Amare…fucker is playing Defense!

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I did.

Sessions lookin like CP out there…[/quote]

UGH WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP MAKING EXTREME STATEMENTS?

That being said, I do like Sessions. He’s on my fantasy bball team… can’t play a lick of defense but Fisher might be the only one who’s worse, so it’s an upgrade. And he is very efficient on offense.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I did.

Sessions lookin like CP out there…[/quote]

UGH WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP MAKING EXTREME STATEMENTS?[/quote]

lol

I didn’t get the Lin reference until this post.

Thanks guys!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Amare is looking like Amare again, and not like Amare…fucker is playing Defense![/quote]

They got a pretty easy schedule the rest of March. This would be a good time to try and make some progress as far the standings go. It’s only the 1st quarter but they’re not looking so good against Toronto tonight.

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE OKC VS WOLVES GAME??? love had 51pts 14 rebounds and not alot of turnovers. game went to 2OT and during the end of the 4th quarter, 2 consecutive 3 point buzzer beaters by kevin durant and then kevin love. awesome shit. Wolves did not have nikolai and rubio. ):

[quote]LTKO wrote:
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE OKC VS WOLVES GAME??? love had 51pts 14 rebounds and not alot of turnovers. game went to 2OT and during the end of the 4th quarter, 2 consecutive 3 point buzzer beaters by kevin durant and then kevin love. awesome shit. Wolves did not have nikolai and rubio. ):[/quote]

Damn dude.

I didn’t even hear about that. I’ve been watching the college games (go 'Cuse) on CBS and the Knicks/Pistons game. I didn’t even hear it brought up.

lol. nba.com has the highlights! including one with all of love’s points. when love hit the 3 pointer at the end of the fourth, the sigh from the okc fans was awesome to hear. it must be a freaking amazing feeling to disappoint 18000+ fans. (it was apparently full house in the okc stadium)

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE OKC VS WOLVES GAME??? love had 51pts 14 rebounds and not alot of turnovers. game went to 2OT and during the end of the 4th quarter, 2 consecutive 3 point buzzer beaters by kevin durant and then kevin love. awesome shit. Wolves did not have nikolai and rubio. ):[/quote]

Damn dude.

I didn’t even hear about that. I’ve been watching the college games (go 'Cuse) on CBS and the Knicks/Pistons game. I didn’t even hear it brought up.[/quote]

How you like that name Sullinger?

T-minus 2 hours until OKC-MIA game.

Can’t wait!!!