T Nation

Navy SEALs Free Captain from Pirates

HAHA!

Good fucking work SEALs!!!

who was it that was saying that we sat and did nothing?

With a few guns on the captain for a span of many days, it had to be done with some thinking, hats off the the Navy Seals.

Bravo Zulu.
I guess the UN couldnt come up with a peaceful “solution”.

[quote]Neospartan wrote:
HAHA!

Good fucking work SEALs!!!
[/quote]

Bad Asses, period.

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
[/quote]

That was me. I acknowledged my incorrect assumption and my hat is in my hand. The only thing I have now to complain about was the lack of our leader informing the public that we were adressing the situation.

It festerd for 5 days without a single word from BO. My position was based on BO’s history of world politics (NK, IRAQ timeline, GIZTMO closing)up to this point. The administration proved I was wrong. I was worried we would stand by and do nothing. I’m glad we authorized force.

Throw your rocks now, I’ll open up the hunting season on me for…let’s say the next 24 hours?

YEEHAW

Nobody messes with the United States Navy

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

That was me. I acknowledged my incorrect assumption and my hat is in my hand. The only thing I have now to complain about was the lack of our leader informing the public that we were adressing the situation.

It festerd for 5 days without a single word from BO. My position was based on BO’s history of world politics (NK, IRAQ timeline, GIZTMO closing)up to this point. The administration proved I was wrong. I was worried we would stand by and do nothing. I’m glad we authorized force.

Throw your rocks now, I’ll open up the hunting season on me for…let’s say the next 24 hours?

[/quote]

Like I said. I am happy to be wrong. And the wronger I am the happier I will be. But I doubt I will be very often.
But let’s assess our basis for our thoughts: Negotiating with “moderate elements” of the taliban, sending an open letter to iran with no prior diplomatic feelers, open letter to russia again without precedence, bowing to the saudi’s, doing nothing, still, about north korea, apologizing to the European’s for our arrogance (I am still shocked on that one), etc.

I mean there hasn’t been an area in foreign relations where we haven’t rolled over and pee’d on ourselves, so I did not think this would be any different. Let’s hope obama doesn’t let this glimpse of his balls rescind back in to his body.

But let’s assess our basis for our thoughts: Negotiating with “moderate elements” of the taliban, sending an open letter to iran with no prior diplomatic feelers, open letter to russia again without precedence, bowing to the saudi’s, doing nothing, still, about north korea, apologizing to the European’s for our arrogance (I am still shocked on that one), etc.

Ok, first let me say that I am neither Republican or Democrat, Left or Right Wing, I find myself somewhere in the middle. That being said…
HUH?
It seems to me like the right is way out of line with the criticism of the current administration. “Bowed to the Saudis” Bush kissed the guy and held hand with him! (and is an indirect business partner with him) I’ll take a bow over that anyday. What measure did Bush take against North Korea that actually had any results? Yes, he said we took an arrogant attitude towards Europe, but he also said that they were guilty of the same towards us, and that both sides need to change that attitude to make progress. Can you really argue with that? I lean towards republican on many issues such as gun control, abortion, death penalty, etc… but it seems to me like the guy is being unfairly judged by the right wing who conveniantly ignores what Bush Jr. did. ???

[quote]AA197 wrote:

Ok, first let me say that I am neither Republican or Democrat, Left or Right Wing, I find myself somewhere in the middle. That being said…
HUH?
It seems to me like the right is way out of line with the criticism of the current administration. “Bowed to the Saudis” Bush kissed the guy and held hand with him! (and is an indirect business partner with him) I’ll take a bow over that anyday. What measure did Bush take against North Korea that actually had any results? Yes, he said we took an arrogant attitude towards Europe, but he also said that they were guilty of the same towards us, and that both sides need to change that attitude to make progress. Can you really argue with that? I lean towards republican on many issues such as gun control, abortion, death penalty, etc… but it seems to me like the guy is being unfairly judged by the right wing who conveniantly ignores what Bush Jr. did. ???[/quote]

1. Many right wing conservatives disagree with MANY things Bush Jr. did.
  2. Whenever someone comes out of nowhere with a brand new sign up date and their first post is in the PWI forum, I’m suspect to believe they have another screen name but for whatever reason don’t have the balls to post under it. Either that, or they stumbled across this site under false pretenses (thinking it’s primary a politics forum).

Ooooh rah!

(Yes, I know that’s usually the Marine’s but it sounds so fucking bad ass :3)

Quick edit: Can anyone tell me where the hell the whole “ooohrah!” thing comes from? I’m curious now.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Ooooh rah!

Quick edit: Can anyone tell me where the hell the whole “ooohrah!” thing comes from? I’m curious now.[/quote]

Marines are a department of the Navy so you’re not far off.

Lanky, came across T-Nation a few weeks ago, usually stick to combat sports and never posted, but was bored today and decided why not? no other screen names, sorry to disapoint

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

[/quote]

'scar,

The lifeboat was being towed ~80 ft. away from the boat from which the shots were taken. Once the pirate put the gun to the captain’s back, the shots were made. I definitely don’t see this as any sort of overly heroic rescue. These guys were probably sitting around with crosshairs on their heads for days while ‘diplomatic solutions’ were sought.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Ooooh rah!

Quick edit: Can anyone tell me where the hell the whole “ooohrah!” thing comes from? I’m curious now.[/quote]

Hoo yah is the Navy term if I recall. It’s used by the SEALS.

It’s a war cry. Like the Army Hoo AH.

It doesn’t sound like much of a difference but believe me it is.

It’s kind of an all purpose “got it” or I understand with more enthusiasm. Can also be a something shouted in support or when exhausted to give an officer a verbal FU.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

[/quote]

Yeahbut, you’re still a fucking douchebag idiot. So Obama should have gone on CNN or Faux and announced that he’d dispatched a SEAL sniper team to take out the pirates, right? Would that have made you STFU?

No, it would have just given you something different to bitch about, most likely. Does it even occur to you that people in Somalia get satellite tv? And that the pirates had satellite phones and were in contact with people on shore?

Maybe after eight years of swaggering incompetent bluster you’ll need a period to adjust to quite competence.

I was watching a computer recreation of what those snipers did, and it was ri-freakin-diculous. First, they arrived by parachuting into the water to be picked up by the USS Bainbridge. Then, while the naval ship was towing the lifeboat, 3 snipers simultaneously took out the 3 remaining pirates, all by head shots, from one moving boat to another moving boat, in the freaking dark.

Damn good training! That is some tax-money well spent.

[quote]tme wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

Yeahbut, you’re still a fucking douchebag idiot. So Obama should have gone on CNN or Faux and announced that he’d dispatched a SEAL sniper team to take out the pirates, right? Would that have made you STFU?

No, it would have just given you something different to bitch about, most likely. Does it even occur to you that people in Somalia get satellite tv? And that the pirates had satellite phones and were in contact with people on shore?

Maybe after eight years of swaggering incompetent bluster you’ll need a period to adjust to quite competence.
[/quote]

Mr. helper…I explained this. My opinion was based on the recent positions and actions with this administration on foriegn policy. It has all been a bad showing in my opinion. It was all too easy to think he would refer to the UN just like NK.

I was wrong. I’m quite proud the President ordered this. It has made me rethink and not be so brazen with negativity so you should like that.

Of course you don’t go out and script the event on CNN…but you DO go on National TV and DENOUNCE and let the people know this will not be tolerated in any way shape or form.

If you think I as a citizen and taxpayer should always lay silent and not have a critical thought about the situation, then you are wrong neighbor.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Ooooh rah!

one of the founders of the SEALS’s was an avid beach volleyball player. he was known to exclaim ‘hoo yah’ on particularly intense volleyball spikes.

i’m assuming fellow seamen watching started to emulate that cry during his games, which of course eventually carried on into the field, and then the mainstream navy.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

I was wrong. I’m quite proud the President ordered this. It has made me rethink and not be so brazen with negativity so you should like that.[/quote]

I do like that, but you also invited people to throw rocks, so I chucked one at your head just for the hell of it. You deserved it.