NAUGHTY T-MEN, IS THIS YOUR DOING??!! Cartoonist receives death threats over Tillman satire

Freedom of speech is a highly misunderstood right. For one, freedom of speech does not automatically grant you the privilege to be listened to. If you want to be heard, you’ll still have to purchase the media time.

Secondly, and more importantly, freedom of speech, as in the cartoon, does NOT grant you immunity from the consequences of that speech. I guess the cartoonist is learning this the hard way.

“somebody has a different point of view than me, isn’t that against the law or something? You are either with me or against me dammit!”

How about if the story doesn’t fit the liberal point of view than it will be hard getting it on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, in print at the NY times, heard on NPR…

You know Pat Tillman was a guy who could be an NFL safety and an Army Ranger. It sucks he died because he actually had something to offer. The cartoonist isn’t even very good. So I think it would be funny to kill the cartoonist and then write a cartoon about the cartoonist who wrote a cartoon about Pat Tillman’s death and then was killed and had a cartoon written about him. Now that would be funny, and ironic. And he could get the super fame he is looking for.

Scott, I’d say the media is biased against whoever is currently in power. Basically, dirt against the current leader is what they want.

It’s not a partisan media bias, its a whoever is in power media bias… which isn’t so bad a thing.

NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY T-MEN, BAD BAD BOYS…

wow. Now all we need is that picture of you in the schoolgirl outfit telling us we have all been bad boys. That would make my month :wink:

But on Topic, the cartoonist should respect that the man gave his life for his country, but just because Tillman has died doesn’t mean that everyone will suddenly agree with what he chose to do, if a person is going to criticize somebody while they are living how can we expect them not to do it when they can’t fight back?

People aren’t considerate when the consequences aren’t immediate.

Ooh, chills!

ShortDave said: “People aren’t considerate when the consequences aren’t immediate.”

OOOOOO I LIKE THAT QUOTE. Applies to SO many facets of everyday life. Gonna have to file that quote away. Excellent point Dave!

Why is everyone saying censorship is bad? No shit, Not one person here has said that the cartoon should have been censored. They said that it is bullshit and stupid and such but I didn’t see one single post that said "the Government should have banned this guy from printing his cartoon.

Jesus Christ, You are complaining about people who are disagreeing with a point of view or an action taken, in essence calling them un-American for disagreeing with the damn cartoonists point of view. When in fact you are the ones trying to quiet our point of view that the guy is a piece of shit. So we can disagree with our government and that is very american, but we definately can’t disagree with a leftist cartoonist because that is censorship and that is unamerican. WTF?

I have a great Idea, Lets all turn against the government, yay we could live in total anarchy! wouldn’t that be fun, then when Mr. Cartoonist runs his mouth someone really will whack him.