Nature is Freakier Than Sci-Fi

Just finished reading an article showing some recent "sci-fi"ish animal finds, there is some weird shit out there. The second one is similar to X-mens Wolverine, while the last one reminds me of the creatures from Aliens.

The article is posted below:

That parasite one is weird and creeps me out a little. It just hangs out in the mouth eating whatever the fish eats, after it eats the tongue to make room for itself. Nice!

[quote]greggio wrote:
That parasite one is weird and creeps me out a little. It just hangs out in the mouth eating whatever the fish eats, after it eats the tongue to make room for itself. Nice![/quote]

That is probably the freakiest thing I’ve seen…reminds me of Alien movies for some reason.

Here is another parasite - The Candiru Fish. Makes you think twice before peeing in a river, OUCH!

Damn nature, you scary.

Imagine someone opened their mouth and one of those fuckers was staring at you! Fucking gross!

The tongue-eating parasite:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Cymothoa Exigua - YouTube [/quote]

LOL! Nicely done.
Someone put a lot of work into that!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Damn nature, you scary.[/quote]

Ah fuck, beat me to it.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

LOL! Nicely done.
Someone put a lot of work into that!

[/quote]

I knew you would appreciate that.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Here is another parasite - The Candiru Fish. Makes you think twice before peeing in a river, OUCH!
Horror story: Candiru: the Toothpick Fish - Weird Nature - BBC animals - YouTube [/quote]

Yah man I’ve heard about that thing. Apparently the only way to get it out is to actually cut off the penis…that SUCKS

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:

Yah man I’ve heard about that thing. Apparently the only way to get it out is to actually cut off the penis…that SUCKS[/quote]

Nah, they’ve surgically removed the fish before. The show River Monsters had this guy on the show one time, think he was Italian, or some kind of Spanish. Anyways, they still have the one they pulled out of him preserved in a jar. Pretty horrific.

Think they used a special endoscope with “grabbers” on it to…well you can see where this is going.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:

Yah man I’ve heard about that thing. Apparently the only way to get it out is to actually cut off the penis…that SUCKS

Nah, they’ve surgically removed the fish before. The show River Monsters had this guy on the show one time, think he was Italian, or some kind of Spanish. Anyways, they still have the one they pulled out of him preserved in a jar. Pretty horrific.

Think they used a special endoscope with “grabbers” on it to…well you can see where this is going.[/quote]

Thank God. I learned about this is my ecology class like 5 years ago and I guess at that time that was the only way.

Goddamn this stuff is creepy. That animation is also…strange.

Suddenly a boat trip down the amazon doesnt seem so appealing

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:

I am never going swimming in the amazon!!

Bet this is where the creators of “Aliens” got their ideas. Nature does some weird things.

That parasite is freaking me the crap out.