'Nature Boy' Grappling Outside the Ropes

Chapel Hill - Retired pro wrestler Ric Flair used to fight for fun and entertainment. Last weekend, he fought for real.

Police say a scuffle with his daughters 22-year-old boyfriend left both men bruised and bloody. Police responded after neighbors at the Sunstone Apartments near University Mall called about a fight in progress.

By the time police arrived, the two men and Flair�??s daughter Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr, 22, were inside her apartment. None would cooperate as officers questioned them. Police said Fliehr kicked an officer and was arrested on charges of assault and resisting arrest.

Neither Flair nor his daughter’s boyfriend was charged in the incident. Chapel Hill Police Capt. Chris Blue declined to release the boyfriends name, because he could face charges at a later date.

“Everybody had been drinking and they didnt appear that happy to see the police,” Blue said. “It sounds like they had a pretty good dust-up.”

Flair, born Richard Morgan Fliehr on Feb. 25, 1949, has won more than a dozen championships in various national and international wrestling leagues. He has been called “The Greatest Wrestler of All Time,” “The Dirtiest Player in the Game,” and “Nature Boy.”

He is known for his colorful fur-lined robes, his cocky strut around the ring and his celebratory “Woooooo!” A Minnesota native, Flair now lives in Charlotte.

Did he slap the guy on the chest and say “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Did he slap the guy on the chest and say “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”?[/quote]
Haha, I hope so…

woo

Sounds like a dad who had to smack down his daughter’s boyfriend for disrespecting his little girl. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

To be the man, you’ve gotta beat the man.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I’m impressed that he still had enough left in him to give a 22 year old a fight.

I can picture him with his blond hair red from blood, on his knees begging the boyfriend for mercy then when the guy lets up he sucker puches him in the groin and puts him in a headlock. Looks his daughter in the eye and lets out a WOOOO!

what I am more impressed with.is after the fight he was unhappy the police got involved,and he didnt talk.

a real man handles his scraps himself with no intervention from outside.

I have a new respect for both him and the boyfriend when they can fight and then say,hell naw I wont snitch.
and the daughter getting locked up for kicking the cop,pricless
goes to show you stay out of family affairs

[quote]Nich wrote:
what I am more impressed with.is after the fight he was unhappy the police got involved,and he didnt talk.

a real man handles his scraps himself with no intervention from outside.

I have a new respect for both him and the boyfriend when they can fight and then say,hell naw I wont snitch.
and the daughter getting locked up for kicking the cop,pricless
goes to show you stay out of family affairs[/quote]

or, don’t be an ass in public.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I’m impressed that he still had enough left in him to give a 22 year old a fight.[/quote]

Agreed, my initial reaction was, man, an old man getting beaten up, thats so sad. Then I sort of went, wait a second, it sounds like he gave as good as he got!

A retired pro-wrestler getting into a fight? What the fuck does this have to do with Combat [u]Sports[/u]? Neither pro-wrestling nor street-fighting are combat sports.

This belongs in Off-Topic.

Geez fiction, pull that sand out of your neenee.

[quote]daraz wrote:
Geez fiction, pull that sand out of your neenee.[/quote]

k