Naturally High Testosterone

Hey guys, I know this is specifically for TRT but being that you all have knowledge of hormones I figured Iâ??d give this a shot anyways. Let me know if Iâ??m missing anything. My issue is that I have high testosterone, but that it must be converting because my estrogen is off the charts high. I also have issues with high cortisol, and my prolactin keeps moving between barely acceptable and too high. Situation:

-Currently age 23: took anti depressants for a year and a half until I realized how stupid I was for taking something I didnt need in December 2009 (age 19) (*note, was completely unnecessary doctor put me on them for no good reason), had first blood test a few months after, testosterone levels were rock bottom.

-kept up to date on bloodwork, testosterone recovered progressively with each year that passed being off

-now, testosterone (free and total) is high but estradiol is way too high as well, cortisol is high, prolactin bounces around between normal and high. Has been like this for over a year now

-was hoping it was a process of balancing itself out, but my E2 levels have gotten worse between the last several blood tests.

-was debating picking up arimidex to combat it; may not be strong enough since typically only see 50% drop in E2 which would put me well above my ideal range

-strong knowledge of endocrine system/hormones and would rather consult with people who have either helped their own or other people with their hormone issues than see another useless doctor

Stats: 6 foot 4 inches, 216lbs (fasted weight) 16%bf w/ electric handheld thing as of last week, abs visible, pretty vascular but apparently store fat in weird places (butt, lower back, legs). Have Cut down from 230ish since Jan. 275 bench, 370 ATG olympic style squat, 495 dead, not the best but im not weak

Im not entirely sure what to do, if this is my body still trying to balance things out or what. My high estrogen is definitely symptomatic. Iâ??ve already had high levels for such a long time, it cant be good for my body to function like this. Obviously there is a difference between my situation and TRT, since with TRT the addition of an AI is to combat estrogen from the actual TRT, whereas these are natural levels so Iâ??m not sure if the best course of action is to attack the situation as if I was on TRT, so keep that in mind when it comes to my using Arimidex, Aromasin, etc.

With all that being said, Id appreciate any input you guys might have on my bloodwork. Here are some of the most recent ones (I do have others going back further if requested).

Most Recent Bloodwork from beginning of April:
Total Test: 867.5 ng/DL
Free Test 73.8 31.0-94 pmol/L
Prolactin 18 ug/L (<18)
Progesterone 3.1 (0.7-4.3)
Estradiol 170 <157 pmol/L
ACTH am, fasting: 9.1 pmol/L (<10)
Cortisol: untested
TSH: 1.62
CK 255 (High)

Bloodwork Beginning of October (following 1 week off gym and 1 month off stims):
Total Test: 945.25 ng/DL
Free test 90.4 (31-94) pmol/L
Estradiol: 157 pmol/L (<150)
Prolactin: 13 2-18 ug/L

Bloodwork from Beginning of September 2013: NOTE: I believe I was overtrained at this time, testosterone was a little lower than normal, took 1 week off gym, 1 month off all stimulants before retesting at beginning of October

Total Test: 654.2 ng/DL
Estradiol: 113 pmol/L (<150)
Prolactin 13 2-18 ug/L
ACTH 15.4 < 14 pmol/L
Free Triiodothyronine: 6.4 (3.5-6.5) pmol/L
DHEA-S: 5.9 (<15 umol/L)
Parathyroid Hormone: 4.3 1.6-6.9 pmol/L
TSH: 2.3 (0.35-5) mIU/L
T4 14 9-23 pmol/L
FSH 4 2-8 IU/L
LH 8 2-6 IU/L
Progesterone 1 <4 nmol/L
Cortisol AM: 614 nmol/L (120-720)
Cortisol (24 hr): 332 < 275 nmol/day
Creatinine 23.3 7-18 nmol/day
Total Cholesterol: 6.62 nmol/L (high)
LDL Cholesterol: 4.05 nmol/L (high)

Feb 2013:
TT: 818.5
Androgen Index 37 (35-95)
Estradiol 82 (Note: I was taking PES Erase at this time, the prior blood test my E2 was at ~126. I believe this helped my Estrogen. Was also taking BPS endosurge and iForce intimidate)
Prolactin 6 2-18 (Potentially lower from last blood test based on synergistic effect from Erase and Endosurge?)

Dec 2012:
Total Test: 798.27 ng/DL
Free Test: 57 pmol/L 31-94
Estradiol 126 (<150 pmol/L)
Prolactin 19 (2-18) ug/L
DHEA-S 6.6 <15 umol/L
Free Triiodothyronine 5.7 3.5-6.5 (pmol/L)
TSH: 4.3 0.35-5 mIU/L
T4: 15 (9-23) pmol/L
Ferritin 174 (22-322 ug/L)
FSH 5 (2-8) IU/L
LH 6 (2-6) iu/L
Cortisol AM 586 (170-720 nmol/L)
ACTH 21 (<14 pmol/L)
Total Cholestrol: 6.49 (nmol/L) High
LDL Cholestrol 4.08 (nmol/L) high

Your T is not really high, it is good though. Your LH and FSH would be helpful but for the most part estradiol should come down especially if you are having symptoms (if you are not…I would venture to say your hormone profile is good and shouldn’t be tampered with since T and Progesterone are good…) I like Aromasin the best but Arimidex will help you as well. If you truly feel something is wrong then an MRI may be helpful to see if anything is wrong with the pituitary gland. Treating prolactin is not needed at that level especially with no symptoms (milk production, painful breasts, no libido, etc.).

Furthermore most psychiatric drugs will not cause severe trauma to your endocrine system, unless you were taking high doses of antipsychotics and pain meds and hypnotics. If you were just taking Prozac, then you didn’t do damage.

[quote]Retinoid wrote:
Your T is not really high, it is good though. Your LH and FSH would be helpful but for the most part estradiol should come down especially if you are having symptoms (if you are not…I would venture to say your hormone profile is good and shouldn’t be tampered with since T and Progesterone are good…) I like Aromasin the best but Arimidex will help you as well. If you truly feel something is wrong then an MRI may be helpful to see if anything is wrong with the pituitary gland. Treating prolactin is not needed at that level especially with no symptoms (milk production, painful breasts, no libido, etc.).

Furthermore most psychiatric drugs will not cause severe trauma to your endocrine system, unless you were taking high doses of antipsychotics and pain meds and hypnotics. If you were just taking Prozac, then you didn’t do damage.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the reply. In other tests, my LH and FSH levels have been fine so I’m not really worried about them. My nipples aren’t leaking and I don’t have gyno, but I am definitely holding water, I’ve noticed chest flushing/redness which I’ve heard is a sign of high estro, and I have … poor libido. I don’t know if it’s coincidental but I have noticed being a little emotional as well. I did rule out problems with the pituitary gland with a doctor.

Do you have any input as far as what you think is happening with my body? If so, how would you recommend I proceed, with aromasin or otherwise?

It was an AD + Adderall was added on, FYI.

I am not sure what is happening to your body. Many many many people have hormonal issues from thyroid to imbalances of estrogen/progesterone (women) and high cortisol, high insulin, low testosterone. This happens a lot due to lifestyle…also to toxins we are exposed to in the air…in the water…also high fat causes higher estrogen usually…for you I would start with Aromasin 12.5mg (half a pill) daily and see where that leads you. Taking the lowest, most effective dose is what is most helpful.