Naturally High Test & Estradiol, Still Feel Awful

Thanks for clarifying the ranges and units. Good job getting decent fT test through Quest (equiibrium dialysis).

More mythology IMO. Intelligent opinion and clinical data indicate HPTA controls free testosterone (fT) not total testosterone (TT) and SHBG+fT yields TT. Hence, if you waved a magic wand and lowered your SHBG your fT would stay the same and TT would drop. I tried this on myself by using medication (oxandrolone) that lowers SHBG. Some additional comments about this:

@FunkOdyssey also has a much better analogy called the “sponge” analogy (super learning tool) and also look up cataceous over at ExcelMale. He has been preaching about this for years.

Unfortunately the myth that lowering SHBG increases absolute fT has been repeated over and over. I will agree lowering SHBG increases relative percentage of fT (fT/TT) but that isn’t the important driver.

Long term unsure and if it was me I would use the minimum effective dose that would do the job. You may find you could use much less.

Congrats on the low BF.

My pleasure. To your health.

2 Likes