Natural Ways to Increase Test

anyone have any links to natural ways to increase test. i know some of the basic ones… tribulus, broccoli and yams are both supposed to as well as ZMA. any other links to articles would be very appreciated. Thanks

Proper Diet including enough or more than enough to eat Food is the largest anabolic Bar none.

Proper rest SLEEP it doesn hormone levels good. Smart / Hard training.

Nail those three and then add other things.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Proper Diet including enough or more than enough to eat Food is the largest anabolic Bar none.

Proper rest SLEEP it doesn hormone levels good. Smart / Hard training.

Nail those three and then add other things.
[/quote]

Good answer. It does no good to expect your body to run optimally if you are feeding it like a 90 year old woman yet expecting it grow huge muscles from that. The diet aspect is where MOST people screw things up, most of them by not eating anywhere near enough to make significant progress.

Heavy compound lifts will also increase test.

[quote]tpa wrote:
Heavy compound lifts will also increase test.[/quote]

Hmm, maybe a little, but the effect is transient.

Very soon after, the Test levels drop below baseline and remain there for a couple of days.

It’s very bizarre, but I’ve found that most lifters have chronically low T levels, at least when compared to laboratory norms. Still, they seem to function just fine for the most part.

Yet another mystery.

I personally seem to notice the same thing, though I’m basing it off of feel. (I haven’t had bloodwork done before and after or anything). Deadlifts, squats, and sometimes even cardio seem to put the kibosh on my T/energy levels for some time.

[quote]TC wrote:
tpa wrote:

Very soon after, the Test levels drop below baseline and remain there for a couple of days.

It’s very bizarre, but I’ve found that most lifters have chronically low T levels, at least when compared to laboratory norms. Still, they seem to function just fine for the most part.

Yet another mystery.

[/quote]

An interesting aside…

Charles Atlas used to advocate the application of a COLD, wet cloth to the genitals on a daily basis. Since the testes are known to function better lower than body temperature then I guess it sort of makes sense that this might boost the test levels somewhat. However, much as I’ve tried many things in the quest for muscle, I can say that I’ll leave this one up to you to decide if its worth a go!

[quote]Moomin wrote:
An interesting aside…

Charles Atlas used to advocate the application of a COLD, wet cloth to the genitals on a daily basis. Since the testes are known to function better lower than body temperature then I guess it sort of makes sense that this might boost the test levels somewhat.[/quote]

So you’re saying that boxer shorts might help? Talking to hot women seems to increase test as well. I think I’ll kill two birds with one stone and just join a nudist colony :slight_smile:

Now: I know keeping the bodyfat low is a definite test booster. Just coming from 22% four weeks ago, now down to 16%, let me tell you - it’s good to be back!

[quote]TC wrote:
tpa wrote:

Yet another mystery.

[/quote]

TC,
Aaaargh! That’s terrible news. I’ve noticed the same symptoms as Damici’s, now that I deadlift and squat 3 times a week. Do you recommend doing compound lifts only once a week, then? What about all weightlifting? Are we limiting our progress by hitting the gym too often?

This is more an endorphin release thing than you feeling T. Your releasing those feel good hormones from lifting.

[quote]Damici wrote:
I personally seem to notice the same thing, though I’m basing it off of feel. (I haven’t had bloodwork done before and after or anything). Deadlifts, squats, and sometimes even cardio seem to put the kibosh on my T/energy levels for some time.

TC wrote:
tpa wrote:

Yet another mystery.

[/quote]

[quote]Kailash wrote:
So you’re saying that boxer shorts might help? Talking to hot women seems to increase test as well. I think I’ll kill two birds with one stone and just join a nudist colony :)[/quote]

Yes yes and yes. Keep the jewels cool let the drop and receed as needed over packing them and having them get to hot not good.

Get you a lady. Every morning, make love to that lady. Every evening, do the same. Sometimes wait a few days, and sometimes have a nooner. That used to help me.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Get you a lady. Every morning, make love to that lady. Every evening, do the same. Sometimes wait a few days, and sometimes have a nooner. That used to help me.[/quote]

Barney. Get a grip.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:
Get you a lady. Every morning, make love to that lady. Every evening, do the same. Sometimes wait a few days, and sometimes have a nooner. That used to help me.

Barney. Get a grip.[/quote]

Pun intended?

Stress is horrible for testosterone levels I think; the more relaxed you are the better. Of course there could be other reasons for low test; but stress is often overlooked and people start buying tons of supplements when they could solve the problem by relaxing more… easier said than done of course.

[quote]Mike84 wrote:
Stress is horrible for testosterone levels I think; the more relaxed you are the better. Of course there could be other reasons for low test; but stress is often overlooked and people start buying tons of supplements when they could solve the problem by relaxing more… easier said than done of course. [/quote]

I made some of the best progress while stressed out in school. Food intake and smart training are ways around most issues.

[quote]TC wrote:
tpa wrote:

Yet another mystery.

[/quote]

I have absolutely no scientific basis to back up the following, but here goes anyways: could it be that heavy training causes the tissues to use testosterone at a higher rate? Would the tissues suck up the testosterone like they do carbs and aminos? Would this higher testosterone usage result in a general lower testosterone level?

I guess what I’m trying to imply is that heavy training gets results because you utilize T better; not necessarily by increasing T but by the tissues using it up.

Hmmm. This is probably the most idiotic, uneducated (in a biology sense), and most rambling post I think I’ve ever offered!

Hmm, so we might be different species or something. Too much stress does horrible things to me, lowering libido and, I guess, testosterone, making digestion more difficult, worsening gym performance, and generally having a negative impact on my mood.

I always make better gains when I’m on holidays. You’re right though about the importance of food and smart training, they should be no 1 on the priority list.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
Hmmm. This is probably the most idiotic, uneducated (in a biology sense), and most rambling post I think I’ve ever offered![/quote]

Actually, I’ve thought before in the same way: That weightlifters’ testosterone is lower than sedentary, because we’re busy putting it to use.

Any doctors care to comment?

About 5 years ago i changed jobs and went from sleeping 6 hours a night to easily 9-10 hours a night. During this time i didn’t eat more or change my routine in any drastic way and the growth i experienced was dramatic…
Tribulus doesn’t make a difference to me if i sleep enough, but does if i’m sleep deprived???