T Nation

Natural vs Bodybuilding with Steroids

lol @ thread.

[quote]buzza wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
pics of high school guys that look like franco columbo please.[/quote]

yes,send some high school freaks pics pls…
Franco was a rock,very imo with way more muscles than Arnie.[/quote]

more muscle than arnold?? ha ha. arnold outweighed franco probaby by a good 50-60lbs. easy.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
If a lifetime natural bodybuilder can achieve a bodyweight of 3lbs for each inch of height in contest condition(or very close), they will be in rare company. I would be shocked if there were more than ten people on this site that have reached that level and could prove it!
Talk is cheap…if you have pics or video I’d love to see them. [/quote]

I have to agree. I’ll even take it a step further by saying someone lifetime natural at even over only 200 lbs in contest condition or close to it is hard to come by. Not saying it’s rare but very difficlult for a majority of the population. Genetics is 90% of the battle whether we want to believe it or not. Regardless of how hard or intelligent someone like professor X eats or trains it’s his gentetics that got him there. Very few guys will ever come close to looking like him or the other naturally big boys mentioned on this site even if they did everything right and even juiced. Ok feel free to flame me lol.
Just to add to that, doesn’t mean I don’t keep trying to improve. I’ll never quit.

[quote]mjhq75 wrote:
Hey you guys. I have really been working out hard lately, eating like a fiend, sleeping well, and following the mountain dog to a tee. in the last 2 and a half months I have gained 17 pounds and my strength has gone way up. Also, I do not look down upon steroids, it’s part of the sport and can be used responsibly. Anyways, if I was ever to use steroids it would be years in the future, as I am still making gains and I am only 19 years old. But my I just want to be like Franco Columbu, or Coleman or something like that. What can a person reasonably achieve without the use of steroids? Do you guys think John Meadows takes steroids?[/quote]

This is going to sound harsh, but I am trying to help.

The biggest difference between you and the guys you mentioned isn’t steroids. It’s work, dedication, diet, training, and genetics too.

It doesn’t make sense to think of things the way you are because you aren’t going to look like any of the guys you mentioned steroids or not.

All you can do is do the best you can with what you have. You are making good progress, so keep doing what you are doing. If it stops working, re-evaluate where you are and where you want to go at that point. What other people look like should have no impact on what you do.

What the fuck am I reading here…

Lol

Franco was 5’5", and was 190 in contest condition, for those that forgot.

[quote]as wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
If a lifetime natural bodybuilder can achieve a bodyweight of 3lbs for each inch of height in contest condition(or very close), they will be in rare company. I would be shocked if there were more than ten people on this site that have reached that level and could prove it!
Talk is cheap…if you have pics or video I’d love to see them. [/quote]

I have to agree. I’ll even take it a step further by saying someone lifetime natural at even over only 200 lbs in contest condition or close to it is hard to come by. Not saying it’s rare but very difficlult for a majority of the population. [/quote]

Agreed with both quotes

I’ve lost count of the amount of teenagers and inexperienced “bulked up people” laughing at a natty being 170-200lbs but in contest condition (as if they haven’t achieved anything)…because they don’t realise what has to be sacrificed to be in that shape (and what weight they had to drop from). Judging a person purely by weight is pure ignorance (something I admit I used to be very guilty of)

Contest condition for a natty of average height (5’10’’ ish) around 195-200 is VERY good. Most don’t realize that this means you’re walking around at 220 with a bodyfat that most would call very lean.

I never post on these forums anymore but fuck i couldn’t resist, fucking lol @ the ridiculousness in here. Someone please post a picture of a HS student not on AAS who looks anything close to Franco. (note - there aren’t any) Fuckin hilarious.

^ I second that again.

I’m glad you guys find that claim as hilarious as I do


I wouldn’t be so quick to accuse someone of juicing or someone of being natural. Once you realize that isn’t very important you can move on and just focus on yourself.

People looking like Franco in high school?

Pleaseeee, yeah we have kids in high school that look like the 1976 Mr. Olympia…Dumbest thing I’ve read in a long time.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]LazyElemental wrote:
To look like Franco or Coleman you’ll need steroids, as for what you can do naturally take a look in Stu’s contest prep thread.

I 100% disagree. Ok, if you want to look like Ronnie Coleman, then yes, you will most likely need steroids. but comeon, Franco Columbo. that guy was what 190lbs. he was a small guy. both in height and stature. he was pretty big for his day. but nowadays, ive seen high school guys bigger than him. maybe not as strong, but the question was could he look like him. and ive seen many many guys not on steroids that are 40lbs bigger than him. yes, he was very lean, but with proper nutrition and todays supplements, its not all that hard to do. [/quote]
well done troll … well done :slight_smile:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Contest condition for a natty of average height (5’10’’ ish) around 195-200 is VERY good. Most don’t realize that this means you’re walking around at 220 with a bodyfat that most would call very lean. [/quote]

I know a 5’ 10" lifetime natural lifter we can use as an example. This guy is not a bodybuilder, but dabbles a bit with body-comp. work for the challenge. He is in his late forties. He weighs 215-200 in the off-season and cleans up pretty nice at 195. The lighting is poor and he cetaintly doesn’t know shit about posing, but you guys will get the idea.

This video is from the spring of 2009

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Contest condition for a natty of average height (5’10’’ ish) around 195-200 is VERY good. Most don’t realize that this means you’re walking around at 220 with a bodyfat that most would call very lean. [/quote]

I know a 5’ 10" lifetime natural lifter we can use as an example. This guy is not a bodybuilder, but dabbles a bit with body-comp. work for the challenge. He is in his late forties. He weighs 215-200 in the off-season and cleans up pretty nice at 195. The lighting is poor and he cetaintly doesn’t know shit about posing, but you guys will get the idea.

This video is from the spring of 2009

[/quote]

Not sure if the video loaded, but here is spring of 2010

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I never post on these forums anymore but fuck i couldn’t resist, fucking lol @ the ridiculousness in here. Someone please post a picture of a HS student not on AAS who looks anything close to Franco. (note - there aren’t any) Fuckin hilarious. [/quote]

Go check out brock lesnar as a senior in high school. in fact, go check out any high school where wrestling is big and check out the heavyweight wrestlers. “oh, brock lesnar did steroids” well not according to every single drug test he has ever taken. he has never failed one test. you say, “well that guys a freak” well, not really, there are tons and tons of big guys like him in high schools wrestling.

why are you guys making franco columbo out to be something big. guys, he was a small dude. sure, he was cut and strong, but size wise, he was a small guy. get real.

its funny, dare to say the truth and people say your trolling. lol. what i said, is totally 100% true. any school where wrestling is big. you will find big huge guys that are natural. Probably the reason so many guys here say, oh, you can’t get that big without steroids, is because 99% of you, are all small. simple. of course, its hard when most of the guys here are only 240lbs in their dreams. in real life, most guys here are probably a buck 80, if that. so of course you will say, “oh, you have to do steroids to get big.” really? really?

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I never post on these forums anymore but fuck i couldn’t resist, fucking lol @ the ridiculousness in here. Someone please post a picture of a HS student not on AAS who looks anything close to Franco. (note - there aren’t any) Fuckin hilarious. [/quote]

Go check out brock lesnar as a senior in high school. in fact, go check out any high school where wrestling is big and check out the heavyweight wrestlers. “oh, brock lesnar did steroids” well not according to every single drug test he has ever taken. he has never failed one test. you say, “well that guys a freak” well, not really, there are tons and tons of big guys like him in high schools wrestling.

why are you guys making franco columbo out to be something big. guys, he was a small dude. sure, he was cut and strong, but size wise, he was a small guy. get real. [/quote]

Brock Lesnar is 6 feet fucking 3 inches tall. That’s almost a foot taller than Columbu. Columbu competed at 5’5 (five feet five inches) 190lbs (one hundred ninety pounds). Do you really not understand the absurdity of your comments.

Even if Brock grew after high school, your comparison is trash. Show me these 5’5 17year olds walking around at 190-210 pounds <12% bf. I think you need to get out more. As in join the real world and leave your twilight universe behind for a little while.

Fuck this is a dumb thread.

Brock was actually pretty small in high school and grew pretty late. Franco was 5’5 or shorter and 185-190 in competition shape with impressive feats of strength to boot.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
its funny, dare to say the truth and people say your trolling. lol. what i said, is totally 100% true. any school where wrestling is big. you will find big huge guys that are natural. Probably the reason so many guys here say, oh, you can’t get that big without steroids, is because 99% of you, are all small. simple. of course, its hard when most of the guys here are only 240lbs in their dreams. in real life, most guys here are probably a buck 80, if that. so of course you will say, “oh, you have to do steroids to get big.” really? really? [/quote]

why so deadset on weight? there are other factors to ponder primarily height and leanness. me addressing you as a troll was not an attempt to berate you simply highlight the absurdity and irrationality of your posts.