Natural Peanut Butter

How you get that stuff to spread? I bought some smuckers and it’s suppose to be refrigerated. Stuff won’t spread.

Use a knife.LOL No really. Also if you are that challanged bring it out a little early and let it warm a bit then spread.

Did you pour out the oil that sits on top? If you did, it will be really hard to spread. If you didn’t, then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve never had problems spreading natural peanut butter until I get close to the very end, when there is little oil left. Then I just heat it up in the microwave for like 5 seconds.

By my understanding, the recommendation to refrigerate it is just to help prevent the oil from separating. I store mine in the cupboard. I have to stir it before each use, but it spreads incredibly easily. I’ve never had any issues with spoilage.

Skippy has a “natural” peanut butter that has recently hit the shelves in my area. It has a bit of added sugar and palm oil, but no hydrogenated oil. Kinda somewhere in between regular peanut butter and the “just ground peanuts and salt” natural peanut butters. It does not need to be refrigerated and tastes and spreads just like regular peanut butter. I still eat the “peanuts and salt” natural butters, but the Skippy Natural is ok for a change of pace.

No idea… I never spread. I always eat it in my shakes, cook with it, or just eat it with a spoon… Ummm, yummy!

Buy Nature’s Promise Organic Peanut Butter. I refridgerate it and spread it with no problems.

BTW if you pour out the oil that separates on top of the jar, there is no way you’ll be able to spread it. You’re supposed to mix that in.

Try sticking it in the microwave and nuke it for 10-30 seconds (experiment with the time) to make it softer/creamier.

[quote]provy07 wrote:
How you get that stuff to spread? I bought some smuckers and it’s suppose to be refrigerated. Stuff won’t spread.[/quote]

You’ve come to the right place! I love the stuff! The recommendation is to refrigerate it, but it’s better just ti stir the oil into the peanut butter to make it spread easier. And IMHO, it has more flavor than the other hydrogenated, sugar-laden stuff

I keep mine refrigerated and mix it up before I use it. Seems that tsirring it well helps. Also, what type of bread are you using? If it’s just the crap off the shelves, it’s too soft. The PB won’t stick to it very well. We use Food For Life brand Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It’s whole grains and a ‘heavy’ bread. Also contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, or anything else weird. Totally natural. It’s in the frozen section at health food stores and in some regular grocery stores. It’s really good for making the PB spread easier.

My 3 yr old asks for spoonfuls of the natural PB. :slight_smile: