Natural Limit - Pre First Cycle

I’ve decided to do my first cycle. Like all first timers, I want to see where it will take me.

Before I inject however, I’m going to take the time to do it right. I want to get my diet and gym consistency down. I want to maximize everything God gave me before I get a little extra assistance.

So go ahead and tell me what you think.

I’ll post all my supplements, diet (including macro ratios), and exercise routine. I’m also planning to post some before pics so you and I can visually track my progress.

When I’m satisfied with my results, I plan to do a 12 week cycle of test enth.

First off, God loves punch lines and a good joke every now and then. Something to keep in mind. In order to offer a deeper glimpse and consequently expose yourself and identity to a public forum you need to post current stats. What are your goals? What made you take the leap into the big boys sandbox? etc, etc.

I’ve gone to the trouble of calculating my calric needs per John Berardi’s Massive Eating articles. Based on that info and my workout days, I’m planning to go 20% above maintenance. Here are the calories per day and the macro breakdown by gram that I;m using:

Workout Day: 3,651 Cals (287 g protein, 347 g carbs, 104 g fat)

Non-workout day: 2,783 Cals (292 g protein, 195 g carbs, 93 g fat)

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
First off, God loves punch lines and a good joke every now and then. Something to keep in mind. In order to offer a deeper glimpse and consequently expose yourself and identity to a public forum you need to post current stats. What are your goals? What made you take the leap into the big boys sandbox? etc, etc. [/quote]

Right, right. Still getting the profile set up. Some work distracted me there for a minute.

Stats:

Height: 6’1"
Weight: 195
BF%: 12%
Experience: 8 years

My goal is to get big as hell. I have 8 years of what I’d consider quality experience with lifting. At first lifting was a means to an end as sports were the reason to train. Now the reason to train is size, plain and simple.

What was your foundation ie your starting point? 195lbs at 6’1 with 8 years on your belt? Not putting you down mate but with that size frame you need to be over 200 to look like you even weight train. At least that was my case. You have noble quest indeed. Was your training a consisten 8 years or the on n off deal?

Trouble with natty limit is you will never IMO stop gaining… lifetime nattys still gain approx 5lbs a year each year…

You’ve got a good point, mate. I think that the decision stems more from a psychological source than a physiological one. Why only gain 5-10lbs per year when you can gain 40 in 5 months? Maybe its just me.

Nope! its me too!!!

:wink:

Mon: Shoulders Calves
Tue: Chest Biceps Forearms
Wed: Off
Thur: Hams/Quads
Fri: Shoulders Abs
Sat: Back Forearms

I know that’s shoulders and forearms twice. I’m trying to bring up my shoulders, calves and forearms.

You’ve got a good point, mate. I think that the decision stems more from a psychological source than a physiological one. Why only gain 5-10lbs per year when you can gain 40 in 5 months? Maybe its just me. [/quote]

[quote] Brook wrote:
Nope! its me too!!!

;)[/quote]

It’s me too! That’s why I’m realistically not going to wait until I hit my natural limit per se. I’m just making sure that I have commitment and consistency down before I go into it.

What was your foundation ie your starting point? 195lbs at 6’1 with 8 years on your belt? Not putting you down mate but with that size frame you need to be over 200 to look like you even weight train. At least that was my case. You have noble quest indeed. Was your training a consisten 8 years or the on n off deal? [/quote]

I don’t take what you say personal. I have a large frame and want to look like I weight train. That’s why I want to get closer to my natural limit.

Of course like the rest of us, it’s on and off 8 years. If it were 8 years of consistency I’d be pushing my natural limit for sure at this point in time, however the point of this thread is that I realize I’m not at my natural limit. I have been around 220 natural before, but at more like mid to high teens bf wise. I’m going to measure my progress over the next 30 days or so and I’ll see where I end up

I agree that I have a pretty decent size frame and that 195 is not going to fill it out like a pro, but I by no means have those genetics. When I was 220 I was hitting the weights hard. I worked at a gym part time and the gym had few clients so I basically got paid to train. I definitely looked like I trained then. My neck was so huge that everyone who hadn’t seen me in a while commented on my overall thickness. I was deadlifting 5 plates at that time. Since then I have hurt my back deadlifting though. We’ll see about incorporating heavy deads back.

During that time my consistency was good. I was in the gym 5 or 6 days, somedays doing 2 a days. I did each body part 2X a week, one day with 12-15 reps, one day with 6-8 reps on a 3 day split (upper push, upper pull, lower. I would alternate the weeks that I emphasized hip and quad dominant exercises for the different rep ranges if that makes any sense, e.g. week 1 day 1, 10 sets quad dominant X 12-15. week 1 day 4, 8 sets hip dominant X 6-8. Week 2 day 1, 8 sets sets quad dominant X 6-8. Week 2 day 4, 10 sets hip dominant X 12-15).

I realllllly need to work on flexibility training over the next 30 days as well. I read somewhere that real flexibility requires a month of 1 hour a day. That can then be maintained with 2 weekly sessions of 1 hour each. I know that sounds like a f#ck of a lot of stretching, but I need it. You most likely do too. I digress. I’ll post my stretching and shoulder results after I finish tonight.

When I say I have 6 years on my belt, I mean it. I bled, cried, ate, and preached on the barbell. Maybe, yet again, its just me. The norm, far from it I am. From your post I’m left wandering what happened mate? Why did you stop and allow yourself to shrink. But never mind my endless questions. My advice to you is to get back on the wagon and live for it. Listen to the Hatebreed song if it helps.

Depending on your level of determination make your diet and your training the nucleus of your social life. The old verse that says that, “There’s a time and place for everything” must be disregarded. Uphold the basic social norms (work your job, pay your bills, help old ladies take out their garbage, etc) but come meal time and training time nothing else matters. The meals are just numbers to help you grow and the training is the only time you get to get closer to your end result. You must visualize the end result. I see a 250-270lb behemoth lurking in the shadows when I stare at the mirror. My frame can hold it and if I don’t loose the barn I forsee it happening in half a scores time. Its up to you to visualize your Adonis. With this image set, you must train accordingly.

Nobody, exists in that gym when your training. Its just you, the jug, and the target muscle. The cardio bunnies, the chicken-legged billy badasses are merely privy to your transformation. You must be singular in this pursuit. Excessive, yes, but effective without a fault. Merely my fighting words or two centavos. -GB

im thinking of doing the same thing you are doing. except im gonna go on a holiday to thailand. im expecting it to be a life changing experience, im going to document it on my camera, so i can look back and see the changes first hand. but it wont be for a while i need to save some money :slight_smile:

[quote]…aydn… wrote:
im thinking of doing the same thing you are doing. except im gonna go on a holiday to thailand. im expecting it to be a life changing experience, im going to document it on my camera, so i can look back and see the changes first hand. but it wont be for a while i need to save some money :)[/quote]

Where did this come from? kinda random.

lmfao!

Well Aiden, i hope you learn some interesting facts and grow as a man… um…?

Brook

He just wants to bang the hot Thai prostitutes :wink:

[quote]…aydn… wrote:
im thinking of doing the same thing you are doing. except im gonna go on a holiday to thailand. im expecting it to be a life changing experience, im going to document it on my camera, so i can look back and see the changes first hand. but it wont be for a while i need to save some money :)[/quote]

WTF!? rofl! Whoa there jethro! Life changing like, “Yeah, bra there was a donkey, a midget, a couple of Thai hookers, a chimp, all in the room!” Random, out of nowhere randomness. Good speed on that Thai enlightenment.

When I say I have 6 years on my belt, I mean it. I bled, cried, ate, and preached on the barbell. Maybe, yet again, its just me. The norm, far from it I am. From your post I’m left wandering what happened mate? Why did you stop and allow yourself to shrink. But never mind my endless questions. My advice to you is to get back on the wagon and live for it. Listen to the Hatebreed song if it helps.

Depending on your level of determination make your diet and your training the nucleus of your social life. The old verse that says that, “There’s a time and place for everything” must be disregarded. Uphold the basic social norms (work your job, pay your bills, help old ladies take out their garbage, etc) but come meal time and training time nothing else matters. The meals are just numbers to help you grow and the training is the only time you get to get closer to your end result. You must visualize the end result. I see a 250-270lb behemoth lurking in the shadows when I stare at the mirror. My frame can hold it and if I don’t loose the barn I forsee it happening in half a scores time. Its up to you to visualize your Adonis. With this image set, you must train accordingly.

Nobody, exists in that gym when your training. Its just you, the jug, and the target muscle. The cardio bunnies, the chicken-legged billy badasses are merely privy to your transformation. You must be singular in this pursuit. Excessive, yes, but effective without a fault. Merely my fighting words or two centavos. -GB[/quote]

Thanks for the encouraging words GB. That pretty much sums it all up. To be honest I gave it all up for a lot of things largely having to do with the college life and intermittent fund supply. In the spirit of your words, now I am my own being and I will create my own destiny. I’ve been proud to take the first step of giving up booze for some three months. I think a lot of the demons to my results were social norm related and I was afraid to be the scary being I once was.

I do visualize that scary beast once again. It is going to happen. Hopefully in much less than a scores time. Hopefully even less than a half a scores time as well. I will welcome the results as they come.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
…aydn… wrote:
im thinking of doing the same thing you are doing. except im gonna go on a holiday to thailand. im expecting it to be a life changing experience, im going to document it on my camera, so i can look back and see the changes first hand. but it wont be for a while i need to save some money :slight_smile:

Where did this come from? kinda random.[/quote]

Holy crap. Lmao waylanderxx. Good luck to you Ayden. Random post, but I do feel the spirit of transformation in your comments.