Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigin

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has read this book and what they thought of it?

Also do people in the US get hormone tests privately? Because over here doctor’s don’t really test stuff unless they think it’s necessary :frowning: My GP didn’t even know what magnesium was, when i showed him my private lab tests! what a wanker!! He also told me antidepressants have no side-effects. Honestly i was gobsmacked!!

I told him he didn’t know much about medication on my next visit, when he told my amyltryptyline didn’t cause weight gain. Wish i could change GP but all the other surgeries in my area had bad reviews as well!

All states but few allow private blood tests. Which country are you in?

There are a lot of books and most are crap. Ones written by docs are mostly not so good because they are not free to state what needs to be stated. Docs do not have the ability to state the truth *. I have a stack of TRT books. I have recommended one many times here as a good first read but with caveats on the content. I think the stickies here have more usable info then any one book.

• What a book needs to do is explain how horrible doctors are at TRT, both in basic knowledge and practice. A good TRT book has to educate and explain that the biggest problem men are going to have is probably the doctors. It like going to a doctor because you are bleeding and end up swimming with reef sharks.

that was fun

[quote]Wileykit wrote:
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has read this book and what they thought of it? [/quote]

I read it years ago, and while I don’t follow it strictly any more, I’d say the general concept still makes sense to me.

IF you have a copy, read it and try it. I have a few friends who had good results as well.

In a nutshell (and keep in mind this was written a long time ago) it is a cyclical low carb diet in which periodic carb loading windows are used to create insulin spikes that drive a hormonal response.

It’s easy to read my one sentence description and think “Well duh, you got Carb Back-Loading and all that” except I believe this book goes back to the 90s. Certainly no later than early 2000, so in that regard it was way ahead of its time.

In addition, Faigin is a lawyer, not a doctor. It was just an area of passion that he heavily researched and from that standpoint the book is one of my favorites. This guy just loved the topic, researched the hell out of it, and wrote a book with more references than any book I’ve read since. If you can find a copy it’s worth a read.