Natural Gas?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

Bloom is expensive now but he is throwing out figures of a home based model for ~$3,000 in 5 years which would make it very viable. IF they can achieve those prices.

V [/quote]

Depends on the generation capacity of such a unit. It also depends on the local utility to a large degree. Here in CA, PG&E charges exorbitant fees for the type of meter that allows you to produce power back to the grid. Utilities have no intention of giving up captive customers, and they have infinitely more resources than you or I.[/quote]

We have enough signatures to repeal the Global Varming Law, do you think prices will go down should we accomplish that here in Cali?[/quote]

Nope. None of the cost-increasing measures are scheduled to be implemented until 2012. Right now it is just GHG reporting for industrials over a certain size, so we pay for extra overhead on goods now, but no increase in fuel or power yet. But, the renewable portfolio standard for electricity is already being phased in. Be ready for 30% or more increase in electricity prices.

I wanna know the horse power of these trucks.

I agree with Clamp - FTW

I believe the US needs to develop every enery resource we have within our own borders. Let’s make all of them more readily available - lets get the sand oil, lets deveop the LNG faciliites, let’s build some more nuclear plants, lets build the more energy efficient vehicles and products we can and lets do it within the free market system - tell the FED to get the hell out of the way and let our American inventiveness and determination save the day!

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I wanna know the horse power of these trucks.[/quote]

http://www.peterbilt.com/hybrid330.1.aspx

V

I’m surprised no fart jokes, I thought at least one or two by now. Oh well. A Guy can dream.

V