Natural Capabilities

[quote]Controversy wrote:
Thank you! Because a fellow PL told me it was impossible, and he hears “inexperienced lifters” say all of the time that, they’re going to hit this weight, or that. I couldn’t tell if he was subliminally dissing me, or trying to kill my spirit…Even though we’re “cool”.[/quote]

He was probably trying to help you get a realistic sense of what kind of a timetable you can expect to make gains on. There’s a difference between being starry-eyed and being self-limiting. You probably aren’t going to bench 600+ yesterday if you’ve only been lifting for a couple years, but that doesn’t mean you should EXPECT to never hit that weight.

That’s why people are being hard on you with the responses here. It’s worthwhile to gain a realistic understanding of how much time/work it takes to reach goals. It’s NOT worthwhile to set ultimate goals low.

EDIT:

No response necessary (defensive or otherwise), you can take what I said or leave it and it won’t make any difference to me

Sweet, some wanna be hip hop thug just accused me of taking roids…my life is complete…yo

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Sweet, some wanna be hip hop thug just accused me of taking roids…my life is complete…yo[/quote]

Bro, I know you’re ON that creatine

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
When a lot of people, that are a lot stronger than you, are all telling you the same thing, you might want to listen. It doesn’t matter because you’re not going to reach that level of potential, no one is. My purpose in saying “who cares” is the same as everyone else’ here. It simply does not matter and thus doesn’t effect your lifting, or anyones for that matter in anyway other than a negative one.

[/quote]

But 19 year old hip hop artists know EVERYTHING (except apparently how to use google to verify deadlift records)…why cant you understand that?

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Sweet, some wanna be hip hop thug just accused me of taking roids…my life is complete…yo[/quote]

Bro, I know you’re ON that creatine[/quote]

Yeah…when I put it into my socks for better absorption its like I just freebased some D-Bol!

The person who told me this information, was Oratorman. That is his Youtube name. He’s a pretty good lifter, so I took his word into consideration. He gave me examples like Coan (Who admitted to roiding, which is whatever to me, get it how you live it). So I figured I’d ask.

[/quote]

WOW if you guys want a real laugh look at the kids youtube page that Controversy is taking advice from. The guys is not in shape, has a 400 x 1 squat and horrible form on lifts…

Controvery, you are a moron if you A: think that tool is strong B: take any advice from him and C: put so many limitations of getting bigger

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Yeah…when I put it into my socks for better absorption its like I just freebased some D-Bol![/quote]

Wool socks work better than cotton, FYI.

Bottom line is, your original post said you wanted to give up and lost motivation for power lifting due to what someone TOLD you. YOU removed that part and then stated later you said you never said anything to that effect. Don’t lie, you just make yourself look stupid. Stating you neglected “LEGS” shows your knowledge of actual powerlifting is limited. Do yourself a favor, read and study as much as you can about proper power lifting training and I promise you will understand limitations are shit. Stop listening to these people who are placing limits on you, directly or indirectly.

Get butt hurt if you will, but you’ve contradicted yourself and asked a ridiculously naive question. If you want it enough, you can do it. Fuck what everyone else says is possible.

You can probably have a decent total if you just shut up and get more educated.

This seems applicable to the OP

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Yeah…when I put it into my socks for better absorption its like I just freebased some D-Bol![/quote]

Wool socks work better than cotton, FYI.[/quote]

If we’re going to talk creatine absorption via feet, let’s not talk better… let’s talk OPTIMAL.

OMFG… Yeah Op I think it’s high time you found someone else to get info from dude. I hate to talk bad about someone but this dude is NOT a role model or someone you should look up to. In fact All those videos that he’s posted could be Poster boy examples of how NOT to do stuff… for the benefit of others I will post this here…

EDIT: If this guy is a friend of your PLEASE get him to study up on lifting. Elitefts.com is a good source of info and here as well. Just know that doing shit like that will result in “hazing” but If he genuinely wants to improve himself he will correct his lifting techniques. If not he is going to get himself hurt or worse, hurt others. Dude needs to leave his ego at home and do shit the proper way.

Another observation, All the other guys in the videos look like little scrawny High School kids. It is clear to me that this dude is doing this shit because he feels himself to be “the big fish” in the little pond… Sad.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
OMFG… Yeah Op I think it’s high time you found someone else to get info from dude. I hate to talk bad about someone but this dude is NOT a role model or someone you should look up to. In fact All those videos that he’s posted could be Poster boy examples of how NOT to do stuff… for the benefit of others I will post this here…

That puts his max right around 1,100 raw. Beast.

Controversy… how old are you?

Dude has the same hair as Ricky from Trailer Park Boys in some of his vids lol.

I don’t know how he doesn’t seriously injure his back on squats/deads based on how he literally has no arch in a several of the vids.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

That puts his max right around 1,100 raw. Beast.[/quote]

Not raw man hes got a belt.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

The fact that your IQ believes that I’ve really just accused you of roiding, is hilarious in itself. Must be the 'roids toying with your common sense.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

He was probably trying to help you get a realistic sense of what kind of a timetable you can expect to make gains on. There’s a difference between being starry-eyed and being self-limiting. You probably aren’t going to bench 600+ yesterday if you’ve only been lifting for a couple years, but that doesn’t mean you should EXPECT to never hit that weight.

That’s why people are being hard on you with the responses here. It’s worthwhile to gain a realistic understanding of how much time/work it takes to reach goals. It’s NOT worthwhile to set ultimate goals low.

EDIT:

No response necessary (defensive or otherwise), you can take what I said or leave it and it won’t make any difference to me[/quote]

[b] I know big leaps are unrealistic, but the way he said it…It was like, he was trying to discourage me from having high hopes in lifting. It’s like he told me it was possible, he just kept telling me it never was, never will be, and that’s that.

Thing is, I never said anything about limiting myself. Everyone just started assuming based off of me saying that, what the man told me made me lose some of my passion. They could’ve easily asked “Well, are you going to limit yourself?” and I would’ve said “no”, because I’m not, but everyone just preached to me, for nothing, because what they preached about, didn’t apply to me. It’s like, if you were to ask “Does roids work?” and people start assuming and go “OMGGGGG, YOU DON’T NEED ROIDS, YOU’RE SUCH A SUCKER”…It’s a QUESTION. I know it takes hard work and determination, and I’ve trained no easier since Oratorman told me what he did. I still plan on competing this summer. Thanks for replying without being a douche, however. I understand. [/b]

[quote]TheTexican wrote:
Bottom line is, your original post said you wanted to give up and lost motivation for power lifting due to what someone TOLD you. YOU removed that part and then stated later you said you never said anything to that effect. Don’t lie, you just make yourself look stupid. Stating you neglected “LEGS” shows your knowledge of actual powerlifting is limited. Do yourself a favor, read and study as much as you can about proper power lifting training and I promise you will understand limitations are shit. Stop listening to these people who are placing limits on you, directly or indirectly.

Get butt hurt if you will, but you’ve contradicted yourself and asked a ridiculously naive question. If you want it enough, you can do it. Fuck what everyone else says is possible.

You can probably have a decent total if you just shut up and get more educated. [/quote]

[b] 1. I never said I didn’t say what I edited out. Learn to read. YOU don’t lie, you’re making YOURSELF look stupid.
2. Thanks for the other part of this reply, the part that actually helped. Yea, the motivational part after the lie (I edited my post, and said I didn’t say what it originally said). No really, thank you. How nice of you, lad. No but really, thanks. 'Preciate that. I will forever hold those words in my barren, ghetto heart.

You could probably be a better advisory if you just shut up and learn how to go about, “educating” people. [/b]

EDIT: If this guy is a friend of your PLEASE get him to study up on lifting. Elitefts.com is a good source of info and here as well. Just know that doing shit like that will result in “hazing” but If he genuinely wants to improve himself he will correct his lifting techniques. If not he is going to get himself hurt or worse, hurt others. Dude needs to leave his ego at home and do shit the proper way.

Another observation, All the other guys in the videos look like little scrawny High School kids. It is clear to me that this dude is doing this shit because he feels himself to be “the big fish” in the little pond… Sad. [/quote]

Well, you know, I figured he would be knowledgeable about weights. I don’t know dude personally (He lives in Canada, I’m in the Bronx) but I guess it’s comparable to say, if a beginner was to start lifting, and want advice from the biggest/strongest dude in the gym. But is his technique really bad? I wondered why he told me that. I was telling some other kid who hit 600+ @ 175, that I couldn’t wait until I was hitting 800. Then Oratorman came and was all like “NO NO NO! No human can hit 800 without roids! I see beginners saying this all of the time! It’s impossible”. I mean, he sounded pretty angry at the fact that I had high standards in lifting for myself? It’s like…Why would you tell me that? For what purpose? I never understood it. Dude wrote 2-3 full YT replies, and I just replied “Oh, OK” and kept it moving. He also told the dude to use roids if he wanted to hit 800, and if he did, he could be one of the greats like Coan, Bolton, etc. Here is the link: (Look at the comments)

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

I don’t know how he doesn’t seriously injure his back on squats/deads based on how he literally has no arch in a several of the vids. [/quote]

[b] Which one? Deadlift videos?

I had a slight arch in mines, too. I’m form checking, since then. It’s harder, but I got 440x2 correct form. My only fear is, I hope I can still deadlift 460 with correct form. Also doing a lot of ab work, as it might have been the reason why my back would slightly curve, as my core wasn’t strong enough, and I was so used to curving, it became natural. [/b]

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Controversy… how old are you? [/quote]

I turn 21, on April 3rd, bro.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
This seems applicable to the OP[/quote]

That issue was inspired by my bitch assness. You didn’t know?

THIS IS WHAT ORATORMAN TOLD ME ON THE “RONNIE COLEMAN INVINCIBLE PRE-WORKOUT VIDEO”

(In regards to me telling someone that Ronnie Coleman couldn’t win a powerlifting competition against Ed Coan or PL vets/pros) "Either one of them would NEVER deadlift 800 without roids. It’s not that is would just “take longer”, it would never happen. You just started lifting so you’re still making gains, and you are assuming that people can just keep making steady gains for 20 years, but they can’t, you plateau eventually. Look at Mark (HHH396), he benched 435 four years ago, and hasn’t done more since. He’s 42 yo old now, do you think he can just keep gaining if he works hard? Something I hear from inexperienced lifters all the time, is that you can get just as big and strong as guys on roids, but it will just take longer, and you’ll have to work out twice as hard. That is completely delusional. If you work out twice as hard as the guys on steroids you can be sure you will overtrain and burn yourself out. And you will be 40 years old, wondering why you trained your ass off and didn’t deadlift 800 lbs.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

I don’t know how he doesn’t seriously injure his back on squats/deads based on how he literally has no arch in a several of the vids. [/quote]

I had a slight arch in mines, too. I’m form checking, since then. It’s harder, but I got 440x2 correct form. My only fear is, I hope I can still deadlift 460 with correct form. Also doing a lot of ab work, as it might have been the reason why my back would slightly curve, as my core wasn’t strong enough, and I was so used to curving, it became natural. [/b][/quote]

His deads weren’t beautiful, and his rack pulls were pretty laughable because he had about 2 inches of ROM and never really got a solid lockout. The back rounding really showed on a couple of the squat vids where he hit depth or went ATG though.

But really, I think it comes down to the fact that there are many better role models to pick from. There are plenty of dudes who are stronger AND who show much better form. Look around this site a bit more, there are guys like Marauder Meat who know their shit and post way better vids than that guy.

Dude you could’ve saved all this trouble if you were more clear in your OP and less ambiguous. Hope you learned something from all these posts.

this thread delivers.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Dude you could’ve saved all this trouble if you were more clear in your OP and less ambiguous. Hope you learned something from all these posts.[/quote]

Besides the personal reference, was the question not clear enough? Only thing I didn’t give was a certain weight, but thanks, I’ll keep that in mind…

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

I had a slight arch in mines, too. I’m form checking, since then. It’s harder, but I got 440x2 correct form. My only fear is, I hope I can still deadlift 460 with correct form. Also doing a lot of ab work, as it might have been the reason why my back would slightly curve, as my core wasn’t strong enough, and I was so used to curving, it became natural. [/b][/quote]

His deads weren’t beautiful, and his rack pulls were pretty laughable because he had about 2 inches of ROM and never really got a solid lockout. The back rounding really showed on a couple of the squat vids where he hit depth or went ATG though.

But really, I think it comes down to the fact that there are many better role models to pick from. There are plenty of dudes who are stronger AND who show much better form. Look around this site a bit more, there are guys like Marauder Meat who know their shit and post way better vids than that guy.[/quote]

Wow, well thanks, man. I would have never known. His stuff looked right to me, or I assumed it did because I assumed he would know of all people. I guess I should’ve asked Bretzerr to verify. Although I never asked Orator, he just came out of the blue, striking down with the mighty thunder of Zeus himself. I’ll check out Marauder, thanks.