Natural Bodybuilding Stats and Gains

I have instagram just to follow a few famous people I like, and he’s one of them. Saw a video of his a couple months back, squatting in his gym. I’ve seen plently of pictures of people with amazing quads, but just seeing his in video form flex and everything while squatting was pretty unreal.

Jesus we can sound so gay sometimes.

3 Likes

It’s perfectly normal to admire the human body - male and female. He continues to defy all logic and add muscle year after year. I think he’s a combination of good genetics and at the very least, a little TRT. And I don’t care. I guess I should stop wishing I looked like him since I’m not willing to inject my hormones.

And another reason I know he’s enhanced - his freaking cheat meals. Have you seen those things? He eats like 5000 calories at 1am and he’s still peeled every day.

1 Like

The Rock is on PED’s, not TRT.

3 Likes

I can do the first half of that, so I’m halfway to the Rock!

3 Likes

I think the notion of wrist circumference is interesting. Obviously a larger bone structure can support a greater muscular load, but as a guy with relatively small joints (look at my wrists or ankles in any photos), I will attest that such a situation can indeed make for a much larger visual effect.

@Brickhead lol, I can’t help but laugh everyone someone mentions being “on TRT” as an excuse for (or even outright downplaying) self mediating themselves with doses of PEDs that no actual endocrinologist would prescribe. Still, it’s a great way to hype yourself up if you’re trying to sell training programs and gain a following as an expert of bodybuilding :laughing:

S

1 Like

Glass half full - why didn’t I think of viewing it that way!?

I know. For some reason I wish he wasn’t, but I don’t know why. He’s a freaking actor and plays the roles of an action hero. Would anyone watch his movies if his character was played by a skinny dweeb? No.

I’ve never seen any mention of PEDs or TRT by The Rock. I said TRT because I don’t want to admit that my physique idol is on the sauce.

1 Like

Oh hey, I’m a fan of Mr. Johnson as well, I’m just making a jab at a how some social media “coaches”/authors/gurus have made blatant use of PEDs, yet play it off as TRT because it would undermine the results they’ve gotten with their training/nutritional approaches (especially in the cases where they do less than impressively when stepping onstage). Brick knows full well my list of fitness names who I routinely laugh and roll my eyes at at in real life -lol.

S

3 Likes

I wish anyone who peddles their crap on social media for profit would be up front about all of their training variables, including PED use. I find it misleading when they post a video of their workout, post their meals, and talk about their coaching packages and programs without telling us that they’re juiced to the gills.

I see people that I admire. They have great physiques. And then I wonder how in the hell they eat what they eat and maintain near 10% body fat (my estimate, not theirs). One guy has abs that make his abdomen circumference bigger than his waist. But it’s an 8 pack and you can see the lines between all of his trunk muscles. Seems odd… :thinking:

Hey, I admit to being one of those guys who read everything I could for years, and just dismissed the possibility of certain authors/coaches being on gear because they must know their stuff. Of course having been around some of the top natural pros in the world as a former Wnbf pro competitor, as well as coaching and judging shows for almost a decade, I like to think I’ve got a good idea of how almost all of them train, eat, and think about nutrition and training methodologies. So when someone who can’t win an amateur local show rants online about how they know what all the top natties are doing, and all the anecdotal stories supporting whatever’s being discussed,… again, I can’t help but just sigh, roll my eyes, and remind myself that I have a real job and don’t need to dupe people into thinking I’m the savior of everyone’s bodybuilding goals.

Sounds somewhat jaded, and I don’t mean it to,… hell, I love this sport, but science of muscle building doesn’t change, we just have a few more usually barely applicable studies that some people can pretend to understand when they post online.

S

2 Likes

of course you haven’t, and you won’t anytime soon. You know this. That’s absolutely not something he can admit to, for the sake of his career and image. He has to play the same stupid game Hulk Hogan did in the 80’s and 90’s. Eat your vegetables, take your vitamins, and you’ll get as big as me!

That being said, I hope that 20 years from now, society will have changed enough regarding the PED topic that he can be at least a little open about what he’s done.

2 Likes

I forget about the legal status of PEDs. It’s so absurd. But I guess I shouldn’t expect anything less from our politicians.

1 Like

Yeah, the legality is it’s own issue,… ,but that aside, anyone making like they can’t have a big effect is kidding themselves.

S

1 Like

But you’re a cop! Haha.

3 Likes

I know - that should prove the absurdity of the matter!

3 Likes

Just measured my bro areas. 7.5” smallest area of wrist and 9” smallest area of ankle. Sad day :cry:

Nice. :+1:

2 Likes

A bro area girth of 7.5" or 9" sounds pretty good!

4 Likes

There’s a lot of PED being sold in my area. Pretty much the only time you hear of arrests being made is when it’s being sold to minors which are usually high school athletes. It’s pretty much treated like alchohol for the most part. Don’t sell to underage and nobody tends to mess with them.

I… what are you guys measuring?

3 Likes

Length times Diameter plus Weight over Girth divided by Angle of the tip squared, what else?

3 Likes