Natural Bodybuilding as a Teen Roadmap

If you don’t like the way I speak, don’t read my comments. I promise you, I won’t care.

Anyway, you don’t seem to understand what being “genetically elite” apropos to muscle development means. It doesn’t mean you necessarily started out being more developed than average, it means your final potential is multiple standard-deviations above average. I have no idea if you use drugs or not, and I don’t really care, but if you’re natty, and you can manage a FFMI score north of 24 while south south of 10% bodyfat, you have elite genetics. This is true regardless of how consistent you are, how dedicated you are, or how long you’ve been training.

If your genetic limit is a FFMI score of 22, you will never hit 25 without drugs, no matter how long you consistently train. The ability to hit or break 25 at all is what defines an elite, not how long it took you to get there or how hard it was for you to manage it.

This might be necessary, but it’s also a huge pain in the ass. I honestly didn’t think this was considered a controversial idea.

I do not see where there is any indication in that study that muscle growth is systemic. The conclusion of the study, which would be debatable but I really can’t be bothered, is essentially what I wrote in my previous post when I corrected you. I also don’t see how that writer managed to interpret the study as “deadlifts will give you bigger arms than curls”.

1 Like

Corrected me? You mean the part where you corrected something I never said? lol

Let me ask you something, given that my first post ITT is me recommending heavy compound lifts covering the whole body 3x/week, why is it when I say “hypertrophy is a systemic process,” you assume I mean I think calf raises will make your arms grow, rather than me making a point about the effects of compound lifts on the body vs isolation lifts?

Given we’re debating full-body vs. split routines, wouldn’t the latter be the more reasonable assumption? This isn’t a facetious question, either. Both you and Stu have made this same assumption at this point, so now I’m not sure if you both just happen to be responding to me in bad-faith or if I actually did say something to imply I thought isolation lifts in one area of the body will cause significant growth in another isolated part of the body – because I was pretty sure I’ve been saying pretty much the exact opposite of that this whole time.

For the record, calf raises probably would make your arms grow to the extent that any resistance training anywhere would result in an increase in production of the hormones in your body necessary for muscle growth, but it wouldn’t be very significant. The point I’m trying to make about the systemic nature of hypertrophy is in regards to hormone production. Keep in mind, weight training isn’t what causes your muscle to grow, it’s that weight training incites the hormonal response necessary for muscle growth.

Hormones have primacy in muscle development, not training, which is why you can grow more muscle taking steroids without training than you can by training without taking steroids. Full body training = greater hormonal response, therefore more total hypertrophic response from any given training session than what you’d get from only training part of your body on any given training session.

I think you are in over your head and have serious problems with reading comprehension.

2 Likes

Lol okay, I guess I’ll just have to take your word for it.

That’s your choice. I write this in good faith.

I suppose I’ll just have to take you word on that, too

Incredible transformation buddy, looked over your thread in the past but seeing these pics side by side blows me away

2 Likes

If everyone else is “misreading” something written or presented in a certain way, at what point does the writer ultimately realize it may not be be the audience at fault?

Apropos, prima facie, Ipso factum, sancto sanctorum, quid pro quo, expecto patronum, FFMI, systemic! I’m smart! Why don’t you people understand what I’m saying?!

S

4 Likes

Well, anythin that occurs within the human body does so due to hormonal and cellular actions. What you’re saying isn’t really saying anything genius. That’s like saying all carb sources are basically sugars… At the end of the day, of course they are. That doesn’t eliminate discussions of digestion rates, effects of fiber, mixing macros in the gut, or even the interplay of insulin resistance.

S

1 Like

Wow–it’s amazing how much more defined you look after getting all that body hair off. :wink:

3 Likes

I, for one, miss Rob’s man-sweater. I can only imagine the warmth it provided during hibernation periods. :joy:
//
More seriously, @robstein knows what he’s doing and is quite credible. @BrickHead too. Call those two guys stupid if you want. Whatever. However, the person that tells @The_Mighty_Stu that he is “dumb” might as well stop posting in this forum.

1 Like

Dude thank you so much man, I really appreciate that!

Lol thanks man! If only I could get some of that to migrate back to my head! :joy:

1 Like

Lol! Quite a bit actually during the winter months! I can tell you shaving my legs for the first time not only took foreverrrrr but it felt really odd to feel the fabric of my pants against my skin. The post shave itching was the worst lol.

Winner for Harry Potter reference! Be careful he might start correcting your wand flick and talking about how expect patronum isn’t the most efficient way to battle dementors, despite Harry’s success with that spell.

1 Like

See there, apparently you misunderstood what I meant when I wrote “as a WNBF tested natty.” What that actually means is I’m a polygraph, drug tested natty who has never ever, and will never ever, use drugs. Although I guess it’s a good sign if someone thinks I might be :slight_smile:

I was on T Nation for ~4 years before anyone accused me of lying about being natty. That was so depressing (that it took 4 years, that is).

1 Like

The ultimate compliment of your time in the gym: when people see your image and because they can’t fathom themselves achieving similar results, you absolutely positively must be on steroids and thereby “cheating.”

I had some dude at one of my old gyms who sold gear telling people that he was my supplier as a means to advertise what high quality stuff he was pushing. Forget the fact that I’ve been piss tested and polygraphed up and down the street, as well as the fact that who in their right mind would risk their cushy govt job to win a small trophy of an almost naked dude?! -lol

S

5 Likes