'Natural' Bodybuilders

Didn’t know that but I’ll plough trough the archives first

V

I wasnt trying to be mean - i usually am though…!

I MEANT - research the question a little, then post a full question and theory of your own in your own thread and it may get the attention it deserves.

:wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Defekt wrote:

I still would like to know, however, what exactly it is these guys do to pass their tests? I would love to see an example cycle that one would run that takes into account being tested one month out from a show.[/quote]

That’s easy.

If it was me, obviously I would not do any steroids that had long clearance times.

I would eliminate the AAS as I went so that I was only using stuff that had a 3 week clearance prior to the show.

I would aim to be as lean as possible 3 weeks out, and that’s when I would stop my test suspension.

contiue with peptide use, decrease training to relative rest

• i.e. not stressing the body, just stimulating

Start adding in calories for 3 weeks to slightly above maintainance and increasing water 1 week out.

Start dropping water on the thursday prior to the show, and

Voila - you would still be big, ripped, dry and full, and test negative.

Athletes have done this for year in other sports such as the olympics, it is just random testing that has come in that puts an axe in these kinda plans, but in BB usually there is no random testing, or… very limited.
Cheers.

(Newbie, just curious)

For those saying that it would be possible to eliminate use by 3 weeks out, i was wondering how much of the gains would stay. I hear these stories about how after the cycle is over, the user is usually very depressed at their much smaller size. And it happened pretty fast as well.

I was wondering, would there be a large amount of mass lost due to the eliminated use? I read the article posted above a pretty long time ago, and it was interesting stuff. One last question, when you say it will be “out of ur system” does it keep ur test at supraphysiological (or however its spelled) levels until the amount of time it takes for it to leave ur system, or would it just drop once AAS use is gone?

Terrific post, as usual, Pris. Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. And I’m pretty sure a lot of the pro guys here in Japan (the unlucky ones with the gene to need to do so) are doing something very similar. I read the Japanese steroid boards and there are, indeed, plenty of pros who post there.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
(Newbie, just curious)

For those saying that it would be possible to eliminate use by 3 weeks out, i was wondering how much of the gains would stay. I hear these stories about how after the cycle is over, the user is usually very depressed at their much smaller size. And it happened pretty fast as well.
[/quote]

No, not at all. If you come off right, you should keep most of what you have built up, especially if you are using peptides throughout and it is only a short time after coming off.

Another wonder of mine (which is something I will just have to research unless you guys know something about natural shows outside of Japan) is why they don’t just test more for anti-estrogens and ancillaries that would indicate that someone was trying to come off smoothly, since that is more likely what would be happening if they were going to be tested no matter what.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
(Newbie, just curious)

No, not at all. If you come off right, you should keep most of what you have built up, especially if you are using peptides throughout and it is only a short time after coming off.

Another wonder of mine (which is something I will just have to research unless you guys know something about natural shows outside of Japan) is why they don’t just test more for anti-estrogens and ancillaries that would indicate that someone was trying to come off smoothly, since that is more likely what would be happening if they were going to be tested no matter what. [/quote]

I would be stuff like Clomid is prescribed for medical reasons and that could make for an easy defense argument.

Thats the best I can come up with anyway. And obviously peptides and such cannot be properly distinguished.

They test for all ancillaries as well. You can’t be using stuff like that i.e. clomid, nolva, adex, or femara as they all have long clearance times, so anti E’s are out.

And it doesn’t matter if you presciptions for them either.

I wondered that, as you can get prescriptions for 200mg Cyp a week and that wouldnt do!

So they are testing for the metabolites, not for the supraphysiological levels?

I have friends who have competed in the team Universe, which is supposed to be clean(what a fuckin joke that is). These guys just use certain drugs, things that thier body can clear quickly, then come off in time to pass the test. They have it down to a science. If you want proff take pics from the team U and the NPC usa and usually the class winners at the universe are better then the USA. Explain that if they are clean??

Yes, I have seen the top Team Universe competitors, and I have a very, very hard time believing that they are actually natural according to that definition of the word.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:
Cortes wrote:
Defekt wrote:

I still would like to know, however, what exactly it is these guys do to pass their tests? I would love to see an example cycle that one would run that takes into account being tested one month out from a show.

That’s easy.

If it was me, obviously I would not do any steroids that had long clearance times.

I would eliminate the AAS as I went so that I was only using stuff that had a 3 week clearance prior to the show.

I would aim to be as lean as possible 3 weeks out, and that’s when I would stop my test suspension.

contiue with peptide use, decrease training to relative rest

• i.e. not stressing the body, just stimulating

Start adding in calories for 3 weeks to slightly above maintainance and increasing water 1 week out.

Start dropping water on the thursday prior to the show, and

Voila - you would still be big, ripped, dry and full, and test negative.

Athletes have done this for year in other sports such as the olympics, it is just random testing that has come in that puts an axe in these kinda plans, but in BB usually there is no random testing, or… very limited.
Cheers.[/quote]

its interesting you say this because recently i was reading an article on another site that stated that the IFBB will now be conducting random testing to any athlete in the federation.

"The IFBB has always maintained that it has a random drug testing policy in place that all active athletes are subject to. Until now, it was always thought that this rule was just some phantom policy that was placed “on the Books” to look good for outside parties. All that changed today when I was contacted by an IFBB athlete in good standing who was sent a registered letter that informed this person that they were selected for a random drug test. As a result of this selection, they had 72 hours to report to a designated testing facility where they were required to submit a urine sample for analysis. The letter also explained that a failed drug test would result in suspension from the IFBB for a designated period of time. Furthermore, all test results, whether positive or negative, are being kept private; apparently to prevent embarrassment and/or loss of future potential income. Failure to provide urine samples within the designated 72-hour period is being considered a failed test.

Given the current political environment, it’s nice to know that the IFBB is complying with its stated random drug testing policy; however, since the testing protocol and selection process is being kept anonymous, it’s impossible to tell exactly how many athletes per year are being randomly chosen. Suffice it to say that as the political climate continues to heat up (with the Olympics right around the corner), more frequent testing of IFBB athletes could become the rule rather than the exception."

not to sure how much merit this holds, but it will be interesting on what happens in the coming months and hence maybe the olympia line up…since kai greene has pulled out unexpectedly

In the early 90’s they tried testing national level NPC shows and pro shows and it was a disaster. It lasted one year and they got rid of it. These guys can’t, all of a sudden come off an expect to look anywhere near what they usually look like. If they do this it will ruin the sport. Nobaody wants to see natural bodybuilders, I mean real natural bodybuilders; u can go to any beach and see that shit. I’m sorry because I know natural BB’s bust there ass but natural BB is really a joke.

I agree with joeblow, if they are doing it, it won’t last, because the IFBB lives and breathes money, and there just isn’t any money in a bunch of truly natural bbs. I wonder what monkey thinks up notions like administering random testing to a group of people who are ALL, without a doubt, going to fail. Give me a break.

I am quite sure there is a little poitics involved re: exactly who gets tested

Speaking to my physio who did work with athletes in some power lifting competition against Australia and America in 04 he said alot of the athletes would just stop taking them around 3 months out and when they did their drug test it would come up as clean.

Knowing what little i do about the industry, i cant help but think you are right Pris.