Natural Anti-Depressant?

Masturbation?

I sell L-tryptophan at my store. Not illegal. Valerian Root is another good mood enhancer. Do understand that they SHOULD NOT take any prescription anti-depressants if they plan to do natural ones. Good companies for quality herbal products include: Nature’s Plus, Nature’s Way, and Solaray.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
I’m a bastard when it comes to this. I find people with depression, anxiety and shit just really weak mentally. And my bro and sis have it so i’m not biased. It’s just a matter of get over it you little pussy. They have nothing to be depressed about eiher. How come middle/upper class white kids all have this shit when they seem like a less viable candidate. Than people living in ghettos and shit with real problems. Maybe it’s how pharmacies make money. I think they just accept the idea and say…well i’m depressed. Now I can act like a fuckin basket case…[/quote]

I totally diagree with your ignorant statement.

Yes maybe there are some middle class people in this world that just blame depression when life isn’t going their way. This is not the case with all people however.

I didn’t grow up with the silver spoon and worked hard all my life to get where I am today. About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression. This was after going to many doctors trying to find out what was wrong with me. I took meds and things were ok. I thought that I could quit taking the meds because I thought that I was ok. I was wrong. I was having the same symtoms then as 5 years ago. I went to the doctor again and was diagnosed with clinical depression by TWO different doctors. I got back on the meds and today I am fine.

In short many people think the way you do X-factor, I know. But its because you don’t understand that I and others cannot control chemical imbalances that really fuck with your job, marriage, interests, and living a normal life.

JW

You know, what has helped me deal with mild depression as a result of exposure to sudden unexpected life stresses has been two Biotest products: HOT-ROX and Spike.

If you read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I think HOT-ROX has got to be one of the greatest inventions ever.

Everyone understands about the fat reduction function of HOT-ROX, but I think it is a severe underestimation on its effects on mood. If one wanted to improve mood, I would suggest HOT-ROX.

Spike is another supplement that I also believe is one of the greatest inventions ever. I cycle between HOT-ROX and Spike and I don’t get so lethargic, sad, overly sensitive, etc. that I believe are symptoms of mild depression.

I used ST.Johns wort myself.Much bette than any medication in my opinion.believe it or not,walking in the sun fights deprrssion.It sounds cheap but it works.Go try it.Just make sure it’s not a cheap derived product and make sure you take enough of it.Everyone is different.Some need more than others.I guess it depends on how bad your depression is.
Poe.

[quote]JWpushheavy wrote:

In short many people think the way you do X-factor, I know. But its because you don’t understand that I and others cannot control chemical imbalances that really fuck with your job, marriage, interests, and living a normal life.

JW

[/quote]

Right on! You think I enjoy the fact that medication is helping me not wipe out 3/4 the population just out of spite? You think it was a proud moment when my wife looked me dead in the eye and said “Get help or I’m gone”? Fuck no. I hated who I had become. BUT medical science has let me regain my happiness. I enjoy life again. 4 years ago I don’t think I could have said that.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
You know, what has helped me deal with mild depression as a result of exposure to sudden unexpected life stresses has been two Biotest products: HOT-ROX and Spike.

If you read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I think HOT-ROX has got to be one of the greatest inventions ever.

Everyone understands about the fat reduction function of HOT-ROX, but I think it is a severe underestimation on its effects on mood. If one wanted to improve mood, I would suggest HOT-ROX.

Spike is another supplement that I also believe is one of the greatest inventions ever. I cycle between HOT-ROX and Spike and I don’t get so lethargic, sad, overly sensitive, etc. that I believe are symptoms of mild depression. [/quote]

I have the Spike and its great, but have never tried HOT-ROX. That good huh?
Time to make another order.

Thanks for the info Buffed.

JW

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
JWpushheavy wrote:

JW

Right on! You think I enjoy the fact that medication is helping me not wipe out 3/4 the population just out of spite? You think it was a proud moment when my wife looked me dead in the eye and said “Get help or I’m gone”? Fuck no. I hated who I had become. BUT medical science has let me regain my happiness. I enjoy life again. 4 years ago I don’t think I could have said that.[/quote]

Some people will never understand.

To all of those that don’t understand:

Until you walk in our shoes…STFU.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
X-Factor wrote:
I’m a bastard when it comes to this. I find people with depression, anxiety and shit just really weak mentally. And my bro and sis have it so i’m not biased. It’s just a matter of get over it you little pussy. They have nothing to be depressed about eiher. How come middle/upper class white kids all have this shit when they seem like a less viable candidate. Than people living in ghettos and shit with real problems. Maybe it’s how pharmacies make money. I think they just accept the idea and say…well i’m depressed. Now I can act like a fuckin basket case…

So you don’t think that occurances in one’s life can alter them mentally to where they actually have a real problem? You think that all the people you hear say they are depressed are just going through an emotional “season”? While I see many cases of people that are in essence just bummed, I do KNOW that depression is real and it sucks.

People like you are the one’s I wish I could trade shoes with for a while and have you experience the SHIT I have been through and then tell me that it’s a weak mentality. Well guess what padnuh, I am VERY strong mentally, but I’ve been through shit that would make you cry like a little bitch and possibly take your own life. So until you actually experience it, stfu.

[/quote]

Exacly what I was about to say.
It sounds gay but, although this guy’s ignorance makes you’re head blow up, I feel like I don’t want to wish it to no body.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
I’m a bastard when it comes to this. I find people with depression, anxiety and shit just really weak mentally. And my bro and sis have it so i’m not biased. It’s just a matter of get over it you little pussy. They have nothing to be depressed about eiher. How come middle/upper class white kids all have this shit when they seem like a less viable candidate. Than people living in ghettos and shit with real problems. Maybe it’s how pharmacies make money. I think they just accept the idea and say…well i’m depressed. Now I can act like a fuckin basket case…[/quote]

Out of curiousity, how old are you? I’m just wondering because you seem fairly naive about this. People suffering from depression don’t need a reason to be depressed. It’s a usually a chemical/neurological imbalance that’s making them feel how they do.

C-dog, I have a question: When your friends are “on cloud nine” do they tend to spend money, make random purchases or make large purchases more often than they would when they’re not this way? I only ask because I know when people suffer from a manic episode they have a tendancy to spend money they don’t have and not worry about the consequences as nothing can ruin their “cloud nine” feeling.

Don’t get me wrong, there are many more signs for being manic (and from what you described it seems like they may be manic-depressive - but i’m not a doctor), so don’t limit it to spending money. Maybe do some research and pay attention to some of their habits when they’re in these moods.

Also, if you detect any signs, St. Johns Wart and any other natural anti-depressive is not going to do them any good. They’ll need professional help and most likely need to be weened on to a mood stabalization medication.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:

Right on! You think I enjoy the fact that medication is helping me not wipe out 3/4 the population just out of spite? You think it was a proud moment when my wife looked me dead in the eye and said “Get help or I’m gone”? Fuck no. I hated who I had become. BUT medical science has let me regain my happiness. I enjoy life again. 4 years ago I don’t think I could have said that.[/quote]

Congratulations, man. Glad to hear you’ve pulled your life back together and didn’t lose everything before you realized what you had to do. Some people do and that just sucks…

Also, congrats to your Wife, too, for sticking by your side even when things obviously got rough… Congrats to you both. :slight_smile:

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

Right on! You think I enjoy the fact that medication is helping me not wipe out 3/4 the population just out of spite? You think it was a proud moment when my wife looked me dead in the eye and said “Get help or I’m gone”? Fuck no. I hated who I had become. BUT medical science has let me regain my happiness. I enjoy life again. 4 years ago I don’t think I could have said that.

Congratulations, man. Glad to hear you’ve pulled your life back together and didn’t lose everything before you realized what you had to do. Some people do and that just sucks…

Also, congrats to your Wife, too, for sticking by your side even when things obviously got rough… Congrats to you both. :)[/quote]

Thaks a lot, really. MJ was a definite godsend without a doubt.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

Also, congrats to your Wife, too, for sticking by your side even when things obviously got rough… Congrats to you both. :slight_smile:

Thaks a lot, really. MJ was a definite godsend without a doubt.[/quote]

Are you on medication now?

Training/sun/herbs didnt help?

I really don’t blame ya for taking medication, but if you are still on meds don’t you think you should slowly work your plan on how to get off it and still enjoy life?

And BTW, we’re all cought up in herbs and training that we’ve forgat that Omega-3 helps depression!

[quote]Brk2k wrote:
Are you on medication now?

Training/sun/herbs didnt help?

I really don’t blame ya for taking medication, but if you are still on meds don’t you think you should slowly work your plan on how to get off it and still enjoy life?

[/quote]

Yes, I am on Paxil (40mg a day) and xanax (1.0mg) for when needed. However training and sun does help a lot. I’ll never quit training as it is so beneficial for me in so many ways. But as for getting off the meds, it’s a debate. One doc says that people stay on them while another is telling me to plan on weening myself off at some point. Honestly, if I can get off them and be myself again, fine. If I need to stay on them, fine. My quality of life is the most important thing to me. So whatever works is what I’ll do.

[quote]Brk2k wrote:
And BTW, we’re all cought up in herbs and training that we’ve forgat that Omega-3 helps depression!

[/quote]

Oh yeah, I’m taking these too.

I think you should stop, even if that says having mild depression, if those are SSRI drugs than they are addictive and bad for your health.

And you know, I don’t know who is that guy who said that everyone that has depression are just weak, I think that in a very minor way he is right. Not about the weak part, but I think some of this is in our head, it’s not just lack of serotonin like everyone suggests. If you’d won the lottery, I’m sure that would jump start your life just a little bit, and after spending money and having fun, you wouldn’t be depressed anymore…

I think that is true (expet mabey 1 percent of the population, and even than I heard stories of recovering when they’ve found their true passion in life) for most people. I think the way of 100% recovering from depression is there, and I think it’s not hard to find, you’ll may not make it but its worth a shot (I’m talking natural ways…).

[quote]Brk2k wrote:
I think you should stop, even if that says having mild depression, if those are SSRI drugs than they are addictive and bad for your health.

And you know, I don’t know who is that guy who said that everyone that has depression are just weak, I think that in a very minor way he is right. Not about the weak part, but I think some of this is in our head, it’s not just lack of serotonin like everyone suggests. If you’d won the lottery, I’m sure that would jump start your life just a little bit, and after spending money and having fun, you wouldn’t be depressed anymore…

I think that is true (expet mabey 1 percent of the population, and even than I heard stories of recovering when they’ve found their true passion in life) for most people. I think the way of 100% recovering from depression is there, and I think it’s not hard to find, you’ll may not make it but its worth a shot (I’m talking natural ways…).
[/quote]

Well, it’s not just depression. I live under the strain of my medical condition hitting me again at anytime anyday. It’s easy to say just deal with it, and I do, but I am literally fucked up in the head. I think the trauma has permanantly altered my emotional field. I take that back, I know it has. I’d love to just say “Ok, I’m fine now, no need for the meds.” But I have spells still where I break down from the memories of what went on. Every time I look at my 8 inch scar running up my abdomen, I shudder and flashback. My mental scar has not healed. In fact getting a common cold or the flu throws me into a deep depression because I feel a lot like I did as I sat and rotted in the hospital while recovering. I don’t do illness well at all. In fact as I type this I am running fever and had a MAJOR breakdown last night. It wasn’t pretty, but welcome to my life. But I’m goin to the doc when I leave work, and I’m takin a break from the gym the rest of the week to recover.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Brk2k wrote:

Well, it’s not just depression. I live under the strain of my medical condition hitting me again at anytime anyday. It’s easy to say just deal with it, and I do, but I am literally fucked up in the head. I think the trauma has permanantly altered my emotional field. I take that back, I know it has. I’d love to just say “Ok, I’m fine now, no need for the meds.” But I have spells still where I break down from the memories of what went on. Every time I look at my 8 inch scar running up my abdomen, I shudder and flashback. My mental scar has not healed. In fact getting a common cold or the flu throws me into a deep depression because I feel a lot like I did as I sat and rotted in the hospital while recovering. I don’t do illness well at all. In fact as I type this I am running fever and had a MAJOR breakdown last night. It wasn’t pretty, but welcome to my life. But I’m goin to the doc when I leave work, and I’m takin a break from the gym the rest of the week to recover.[/quote]

Good luck.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Prof. I’ll get through it. I always have, always will. I have deep desires in life that keep my spirit strong enough to tackle all the physical ailments thrown my way. You can knock me down, but I will always get up.