Natty Strength vs Enhanced

He looks stoned lol.

1 Like

I think I have a substantial anecdote for this. I personally know a power lifter who, a few years ago would consistently take first place. I would put MY LIFE on the fact that this guy was and is natty.

At 5’-8” / 200lbs his best lifts, in competition, were

DL: 610lbs
Bench: 401lbs
Squat: 575lbs (state record)

So there ya go OP, without drugs you should EXPECT yourself to hit those lifts (or better) if you are 200lbs or more, good luck!

You can certainly bench 3 plates as a natty, it just takes longer. Let me give a little secrete about why my bench is good. I’m not naturally a very good bencher. What I have done is stay healthy enough to lift heavy and stayed consistent for going on 20 years. Bench is actually not a great lift for me, but it now destroys my dead and squat because there’s been so much time I’ve been too hurt to train squat and dead. I’d have a squat and dead to match without injury.

4 Likes

thanks for your advice! thats really good to know! Ive been lifting for upwards of 6 years now, so im no gifted lifter by any means. But with lots of program hopping, starting strength, texas method etc but ive also gained lots of weight during that time. This past year has been really slow, ive hardly added 10lbs to my bench, lots of dumb ideas lol. I want longevity as well, though cheers!

For a moment I thought OP might be asking a serious question. And then this happened.

Anyways, steroids are illegal which makes it really hard to get scientific data on the subject. The reality is that genetic potential probably varies widely from person to person. The amount that one might gain by taking steroids will also vary and can be limited by poor diet and training even for someone with good potential.

Ultimately this can be a frustrating topic both for those who take steroids and those who don’t. There are really two profiles that to me capture most of the frustration.

The first profile is a non-steroid user who has great genetics, access to training, coaching, nutrition, supplements, and health. He considers all of these advantages as part of a level playing field, but the instant someone takes steroids he cries cheater.

The second profile is a steroid user who acts as if people weaker than him are simply weak minded and undedicated and that steroids don’t really affect his success. He just likes poking his ass with needles.

Both of these extremes are frustrating, mainly because of their self-righteousness.

2 Likes