Natty on Pennies

My dad has a massive frame and is quite strong! And has a (Big bone structure ) broad shoulders etc hope i get to his size thatd be perfect for strength.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice btw !
And goodnight or goodday im going to bed

1 Like

Always glad to help
Good night, sleep well!

My mother used to tell me: “you can walk until your shoes break but that won’t raise your PE numbers” and man, isn’t that true

If you want to change something you got to hit it hard

Diet: Day 4
Weight is down 5 pounds (3 of which was water weight, so 2 pounds really)

Waist is at 76cm (30 inches), this will probably go down to 70ish cm (28 inches)

My veins in the hip area have returned

And I’m feeling great (if I wasn’t at this point, something would be terribly wrong)

So, you see? If you want something you have to work for it.
Wanna get leaner? Eat like a guy who is on a contest prep, do your cardio and keep beating your PRs to hold onto that muscle.
Wanna get huge? (This answer is copyrighted to DC)
Eat like a guy who is 275lbs, do cardio like a guy who is at 8%bf and you’ll end up 250lbs lean.
(Wrote that from memory, but the idea is there)

So whatever it is that you want to accomplish, you have to work hard for it.

Ok so just read through your log and it is one of the most insightful things I have read in quite awhile. I don’t mean for my ‘hello’ post to be rude or anything but I am quite confused…

But than…

2 Likes

I didnt even notice that!
I’m pretty sure he just said that because he felt if everyone knew he was 19 no one would respect him.

1 Like

Did you guys happen to notice that I stated “by DC”?
This text was written by Dante Trudel, an experienced bodybuilder, and I wanted to share it, I probably should have written that in all caps

I hope this cleared things up, welcome to the log, by the way! I hope you get involved in the discussion

This statement (even as it is false in this particular case) is true, most guys are too stuck up about age

1 Like

Yes very true!

1 Like

I may write something for the young guys in the next day or two, so stay tuned for that

1 Like

I may or may not have an issue with that

1 Like

I must be fat because I have a 29 inch waist :pensive: (Slightly jelly)

2 Likes

I’ll write a bit about this after I’ve written the thing for the young bucks

Oh but that just means you can get to 25-27 inch range of you decide to get really lean (and seeing that you are a powerlifter, most of that 29 inches is probably muscle)

Welcome to the log, by the way! I would love to see you sticking around!

2 Likes

For young guys - Foreword

The more I think about this topic, the more I realize that this will be a lengthy post
So I thought; why not split it up and discuss all the stuff I have for young guys over the course of 5-6 different posts?
This way I could post a new section every few days and between them you guys could give your opinion on the this I said, ask questions and so on.
Now, before we begin with the first topic, let me say just this: the stuff I say will most likely not be anything revolutionary, but I will do my best to explain why you should and shouldn’t do certain things. You are free to continue on doing what you are doing now, but I would deeply appreciate if you thought about this stuff for even a couple of minutes before throwing it in the trashcan.
I’m here to help you guys get massive (and massively strong) while maintaining a decent level of leanness and being healthy.
What I tell you is stuff I have learned from the veterans and it is proven to work. (Of course I have done research in addition to listening to these guys)
Be on the lookout for the first installment of the “series”, I’ll write it as soon as I have time.

1 Like

Thank you :grin: And of course I will

1 Like

When I was extremely skinny it was almost 20. But I’m only 5 feet tall, evenly. So it makes sense for a short person to be…small lol. I may or may not diet down, however it’s not something my sport calls for me to do technically, but I do like to stay lean-ish lol.

1 Like

Damn, did you (too) have some sort of eating disorder? (No offense, I’m just curious)

I like to keep my powerlifting trainees lean-ish, reason being that the fat gives leverage advantage and protects the joints (actually water retention does this)
Wen I say lean-ish I usually mean 12-16% for guys and 16-20% for girls. (The lower end of bodyfat setpoint range usually lands within those percentages, and that is a great place to be for gaining muscle and strength)

Of course the trainees wishes are the priority, if someone wants to be 8% bodyfat and compete in the middleweights even though he is 6’3", so be it.

It is here, the first installment!

For the young guys - nutrition

Yeah, I know, you wanted some training tips. But I’m starting with nutrition. Why? Because it is the single most important thing you can do if you want to gain muscle and strength.

“Yeah right, everyone says that”
Ever wondered why?
Because it is true.
I didn’t get to 247lbs at age 17 eating 2300 calories a day. I ate like a goddamn horse. Everything was “clean food”, everything was weighted and written down. I ate every 2.5-3 hours, totalling 6000-7000 calories every single day. In addition to that, I ate at least 650g (1.5 pounds) of vegetables every day.

This is supposed to be a eye-opener. Most of you young guys don’t gain weight because you don’t really eat a lot.
Here is the deal. Eat every 3 hours. Weight everything you eat and put it on myfitnesspal or something. Make sure you get at least 4000 calories every day.
Do that for a month. Yes, you will gain a bit of fat but it’s easy to get rid of. And guess what? You’ll gain more strength and muscle than you did in the last three months! (Given that your training doesn’t suck)

Now I know that most you don’t have enough own money to buy a pound of chicken and another pound of beef every day, but try to get as many calories as possible from “clean” sources. Tag along to a shopping trip and throw some eggs, whole milk, olive oil and rice in the cart. Tell your parents you want to get goddamn huge (probably not with those exact words) and ask them if they would buy you some extra meat and stuff.

I would love to give each one of you individual meal plans but that would be a hell of a lot work (given that I do this for free - maybe I should put up paypal and start doing online training) but I’ll give you some guidelines.

(Note: you should be lean-ish to do this, if you are not, get rid of the fat first)

Breakfast:
Eat eggs for breakfast. Seriously. (If you don’t have a condition) My breakfast for the past 3 years has been 6-10 eggs with a lot of spinach, red bell pepper and broccoli.
Here is a trick for you if you are always groggy in the morning and lack appetite:
Store your red bell peppers in the fridge so they are cold.
When you wake up, drink a cup or two of cool water, cook your eggs and eat the cold pepper while you wait for them to be ready. I find that the coolness and moisture in the pepper really takes the groggyness away.

On your next meal, have protein and slow-acting carbs, for example, chicken and sweet potato or cottage cheese and oatmeal.
Don’t overdo this meal because then you will be sleepy in an hour or so and you got to train today! Remember to eat vegetables with this meal too.

Next meal will be a pre-workout snack
Have protein alongside with both slow and fast acting carbs
A whey shake with oats in it and a banana works greatly for most people.

During training you can use amino acids/whey with maltodextrine but this is not mandatory as they can be costly (maltodextrine is dirt cheap though)

After training, whey and maltodextrine again if you can get your hands on it.

As soon as you get home, devour some rice/pasta and some lean meat alongside with vegetables. Just eat until you hate yourself.

After this meal, have 1-2 meals of slow digesting cabs and protein or fat and protein. (Of course you can have all three in a meal, don’t overthink this stuff)

Eat vegetables with every meal. If you can’t gain weight and can’t eat enough, start adding olive oil to your meals.

Can you see the theme in this template?
A lot of protein, fat and carbs from good, real food with minimal supplements. That is what gets you big. What a surprise. I see too many 14-16 year old guys and girls waste their money on every possible supplement on the market, yet they manage to look exectly the same year after year, even though they should grow just because of the “noob gains”-phase.

In my opinion, if you are not growing like weed when you are a teenager and have just started training, something is dead wrong. Usually it is both nutrition and training, but even the worst training program should produce results if you are eating enough.

So, you see, nutrition for young guys is very basic stuff (of course I have some twists and stuff I use with my trainees but that is between myself and them)

Maybe I’ll drop some tips on how to eat more and stuff like that in the future.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them down below.

2 Likes

Great post. It’s exactly what a lot of the more experienced guys on here keep telling people but something I need to keep reading again and again.

3 Likes

My question is if im getting good consistent strength gains but not size am i just destined to be strong? Or is it just eating more would fix this. I have had no gains in months and probably the gains i got was my first 2 months ( where i didnt care about lifting and did random stuff) now i am consistently adding weight and getting stronger in the 8-12 rep range even the low rep range . then no more gains. Iv been lifting about 6 months. Iv been looking through threads of other teenagers with the same amount of time and age that have 5× the mass i have and they are weaker?? So really i have barely any muscle yet i get stronger? . I feel with newby gains i should be alot bigger when im actually small . I weigh 74-75 at 5ft7 yet im not fat but people who are shredded and taller than me ( some adults on here) tbey are 70 kilos with way more mass than me? So i do not understand why i weigh 74 if others can be taller, have a billion times more muscle and weigh 70? What makes me weigh 74 then?

1 Like

Thanks!
This is something that really needs to be said a lot so people don’t forget about it.

People tend to overanalyze everything and forget about the basics.

Once I had a guy come up to me and ask if he should put 30 or 35 grams of carbs in his post workout shake

I asked him “what did you eat for breakfast today?”

He told me he had a croissant.

I told him that he should probably fix his eating habits before worrying about the difference 5 grams of carbs make post-workout (I also offered to help him with it)

Then he told me that “my eating habits don’t matter. Do I put 30 or 35 grams in it?”

So yeah
Basics tend to be forgotten

1 Like