Natty 6'2

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
So if a guy goes to the gym 5 days a week, trains hard, eats what he needs to eat outside of the gym, and does this all for 5 years for the sake of BUILDING a better BODY, is he not a bodybuilder?[/quote]

Not unless he has competed, no.

If you have never had to properly plan out training and diet for competition, no you are not a bodybuilder. If you go to the gym multiple times a week, cool, but you are just someone who works out.

It is simply not possible to disregard how difficult it is to compete in a BB contest.

Is someone who squats, benches and deadlifts in the gym automatically a powerlifter? No, of course not.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]KosanFalcon wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:
I’m a bodybuilder not a powerlifter.[/quote]

how many shows have you done?[/quote]

0[/quote]

you are not a bodybuilder.[/quote]

Strong avi to post content… U mad bro? You sound so mad.
[/quote]

Nope.

Don’t get the avi to post comment.[/quote]

NO avi was the point… :wink: But I’m sure you’re super jacked. I’ll take your word for it, since you sound like you know what you’re talking about!

Someone is extremely insecure about themself. That’s the only reason one feels the need to try to tear someone else down. Go somewhere else, bro. BB.com likes phaggots that just post to hate on other people.

This kid was on MTV’s “Made: I Want to be a Bodybuilder”. He trained for a coupe of months and did a competition. Would you say he is a bodybuilder?

http://www.mtv.com/photos/made-cody-bodybuilder/1598262/3326813/photo.jhtml[/quote]

I really don’t get the point of these kind of examples. No, clearly he is not and it is a ridiculous example. He is not remotely in shape.

I mean the likes of Thoughts and Ebomb - neither are that experienced either, but display symmetry size proportion and conditioning in competitions.

I never understand why people feel so insulted about not being called a bodybuilder when they don’t compete. Everyone loves to throw out the “lifestyle” comment but it is disrespectful to guys who diet for 16 weeks and have to diet and train so strictly for so long.

[quote]KosanFalcon wrote:
NO avi was the point… :wink: But I’m sure you’re super jacked. I’ll take your word for it, since you sound like you know what you’re talking about!

Someone is extremely insecure about themself. That’s the only reason one feels the need to try to tear someone else down. Go somewhere else, bro. BB.com likes phaggots that just post to hate on other people.
[/quote]

LOL bro. What are you talking about, bro? OP looks good bro, as I said bro. Even offered him constructive advice, bro.

Save me the irony of you using constant moronic BB.com language while telling me to go post there.

Gain some reading comprehension before making so many assumptions.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

you only lift one84[/quote]

keep doing this please

Chicken n broccoli

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

This kid was on MTV’s “Made: I Want to be a Bodybuilder”. He trained for a coupe of months and did a competition. Would you say he is a bodybuilder?

http://www.mtv.com/photos/made-cody-bodybuilder/1598262/3326813/photo.jhtml[/quote]

I really don’t get the point of these kind of examples. No, clearly he is not and it is a ridiculous example. He is not remotely in shape.

[/quote]

Why is it ridiculous? I don’t understand your criteria for a bodybuilder. If someone puts in the time in the gym and looks the part, but doesn’t compete, they’re not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t compete. And if someone does compete, but they don’t look great, they’re also not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t look the part. So you have to compete in a show, and do well? This is weird criteria because it’s so subjective. How well do you have to do? 4th place or better in a regional show? Is it that arbitrary? Is it just up to Yolo84 who is and who isn’t a bodybuilder? I’m absolutely serious about this, because I feel like your criteria for a bodybuilder is baseless.

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack OP, you look awesome, gave you a 7. You’ve obviously put in some solid work, especially the legs. Good luck on competing, if you decide to go that route.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Why is it ridiculous? I don’t understand your criteria for a bodybuilder. If someone puts in the time in the gym and looks the part, but doesn’t compete, they’re not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t compete. And if someone does compete, but they don’t look great, they’re also not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t look the part. So you have to compete in a show, and do well? This is weird criteria because it’s so subjective. How well do you have to do? 4th place or better in a regional show? Is it that arbitrary? Is it just up to Yolo84 who is and who isn’t a bodybuilder? I’m absolutely serious about this, because I feel like your criteria for a bodybuilder is baseless.[/quote]

It’s not baseless, the reason people so vehemently disagree is because they like all the “lifestyle” talk. It is not meant as any kind of insult to the OP or anyone at all.

Yeah bodybuilding is subjective. To be a bodybuilder imo you need to compete and in competition display the requirements necessary for the event to some degree - size, proportion, symmetry and conditioning. So this discounts fat slobs like the guy posted. No, you don’t have to look like Frank Zane or something either. It’s common sense what I am talking about - e.g. Thoughts meets all these, even though he could be more conditioned or bigger or whatever. He also competes and has dieted for months and been exceptionally meticulous about all the aspects he willbe judged on (the 4 I just mentioned).

It is strange to me that guys get so defensive over this. It’s not an insult or saying you’re not dedicated or whatever. But equally, I find it flat out wrong for people to claim this status when they don’t deserve it and haven’t earned it.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Why is it ridiculous? I don’t understand your criteria for a bodybuilder. If someone puts in the time in the gym and looks the part, but doesn’t compete, they’re not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t compete. And if someone does compete, but they don’t look great, they’re also not a bodybuilder, because they didn’t look the part. So you have to compete in a show, and do well? This is weird criteria because it’s so subjective. How well do you have to do? 4th place or better in a regional show? Is it that arbitrary? Is it just up to Yolo84 who is and who isn’t a bodybuilder? I’m absolutely serious about this, because I feel like your criteria for a bodybuilder is baseless.[/quote]

It’s not baseless, the reason people so vehemently disagree is because they like all the “lifestyle” talk. It is not meant as any kind of insult to the OP or anyone at all.

Yeah bodybuilding is subjective. To be a bodybuilder imo you need to compete and in competition display the requirements necessary for the event to some degree - size, proportion, symmetry and conditioning. So this discounts fat slobs like the guy posted. No, you don’t have to look like Frank Zane or something either. It’s common sense what I am talking about - e.g. Thoughts meets all these, even though he could be more conditioned or bigger or whatever. He also competes and has dieted for months and been exceptionally meticulous about all the aspects he willbe judged on (the 4 I just mentioned).

It is strange to me that guys get so defensive over this. It’s not an insult or saying you’re not dedicated or whatever. But equally, I find it flat out wrong for people to claim this status when they don’t deserve it and haven’t earned it.[/quote]

So how about this scenario: What if I stepped on a bodybuilding stage tomorrow, looking exactly as I do today, maybe with more of a tan or something so I looked even more the part, but I didn’t diet down. I’m obviously still a relatively low bodyfat, and while I wouldn’t win a competition anywhere, I would have competed, and by most standards, looked the part. Would I be a bodybuilder then? What if OP did the same thing? We don’t fit the fat slobs category that you mentioned earlier about the link posted. But we wouldn’t win a show either.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

It is strange to me that guys get so defensive over this. It’s not an insult or saying you’re not dedicated or whatever. But equally, I find it flat out wrong for people to claim this status when they don’t deserve it and haven’t earned it.[/quote]

I don’t think anyone here mentioned they were butthurt. This is just a debate. Agree to disagree.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
So how about this scenario: What if I stepped on a bodybuilding stage tomorrow, looking exactly as I do today, maybe with more of a tan or something so I looked even more the part, but I didn’t diet down. I’m obviously still a relatively low bodyfat, and while I wouldn’t win a competition anywhere, I would have competed, and by most standards, looked the part. Would I be a bodybuilder then? What if OP did the same thing? We don’t fit the fat slobs category that you mentioned earlier about the link posted. But we wouldn’t win a show either.[/quote]

Hey man if you don’t agree then that’s cool. My post was pretty straightforward and I think if anyone strongly disagrees with it, they are doing so just to argue. I already said that BB is judged on 4 main criteria - size, symmetry, proportion and conditioning, all after a period of intense training and dieting.

If you want to hone in on one and say but you/OP are not fat like the previous guy posted then you are simply choosing to ignore alot of what I have said. Again, if you/OP whoever meticulously diet for many weeks while working to improve those 4 criteria, then yeah you are BBer’s imo. If you don’t and compete tomorrow, then no you are not.

I don’t think anyone here mentioned they were butthurt. This is just a debate. Agree to disagree.[/quote]

Apologies. I meant the previous guy and not yourself. Also, people “in general” as this is a very common debate and people often get super upset about their “lifestyle.” This doesn’t include you though and I should have been clearer.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

I don’t think anyone here mentioned they were butthurt. This is just a debate. Agree to disagree.[/quote]

Also, my comment was to somewhat defend myself against the haterade accusations of that other poster in this thread (can’t recall name). I am not “hating” on the OP or anyone like him, just stating my opinion as others are.

Quit hi-jacking his thread you piece of shit.

O/P You look good man. Keep growing.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Also, my comment was to somewhat defend myself against the haterade accusations of that other poster in this thread (can’t recall name). I am not “hating” on the OP or anyone like him, just stating my opinion as others are.[/quote]

How do you have 300+ posts in a month unless you have a training log on here?

OP- nice job man, what was the process/training setup that got you to where you are?

Lol yolo84 told me I was small all over.

CS

yolo84, i should of prefaced I dieted 16 weeks(had four weeks left) for a competition about 18 months ago but chose not to compete because at that point I was just losing muscle.

I’m committed to doing a show next may, I’d like to get a bit leaner then have the ability grow into the show.

I have to be strict on my diet otherwise I will balloon up to that fat picture, I don’t hold fat well.

when I make significant improvements I’ll update this thread.

Jeez we’ve really managed to shit all over this guys thread.

He BUILDS his BODY through exercise and diet. Have we really reached 2 pages arguing if he’s a bodybuilder, or a fitness enthusiast, or a non-bodybuilder living a bodybuilding lifestyle?

OP, that’s a hell of a transformation, you look great. Would like to see another back shot though, the one you posted is very washed-out from the flash of the camera and/or lighting.

Yolo84 is wrong for a couple reasons, but the main one being his username has YOLO in it. And that’s just stupid.

[quote]louiek wrote:
Yolo84 is wrong for a couple reasons, but the main one being his username has YOLO in it. And that’s just stupid.[/quote]

x9000