T Nation

Native 'Indians' In Russia...

Just thought you all might find this interesting. It is cool to see how closely related native Americans and mongol type people’s are. It’s also crazy to think the region these people inhabit and originate from is 100 some odd miles or less from Japan and China. Native ‘Indians’ ARE East Asian people.

Anyways, this might be interesting to some of you.

Extremely interesting – but I find it problematical and dubious that the separation has been since, as the article claims, “before the Bering Strait separated Asia from North America.”

This would ordinarily I think be interpreted to mean since the time when a land bridge existed, which was back during the last Ice Age.

It seems implausible that the words for the gods mentioned would have remained unchanged or recognizable for such a vast period of time, and as a personal guess unlikely that cultural features such as stylistic appearance of clothing would for such a vast duration persist so much so as to be instantly identifying to the eye.

It would be extremely hard or really I think impossible to have evidence that the separation has been so long as that. What, they each have written records going back to the Ice Age which have been thoroughly studied? I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

As for an idea that crossing wasn’t possible in the meantime, aside from the consideration that it would be pretty condescending to assume that boats would have been beyond their ability (even if they don’t use them now), the fact is that even to this day the Bering Strait can at times be crossed on foot.

This was done for example in 2006 (what with all the global warming resulting in the Bering Strait being completely frozen over that year.)

I think there was transfer of people far after the ice age, and during the ice bridge. I personally think polynesians and even aboriginals crossed to South America as well. I’m not a historian or anthropoligist so my opinion doesn’t mean shit. Just from living down there tho, our native people, who are supposedly East Asians often look part Samoan or Aboriginal. WIthout features such as theirs in East Asia, they would have had to evolve to such a change or have mixed with people who brought it.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
I think there was transfer of people far after the ice age, and during the ice bridge. I personally think polynesians and even aboriginals crossed to South America as well. I’m not a historian or anthropoligist so my opinion doesn’t mean shit. Just from living down there tho, our native people, who are supposedly East Asians often look part Samoan or Aboriginal. WIthout features such as theirs in East Asia, they would have had to evolve to such a change or have mixed with people who brought it.[/quote]

They might have been slaves from the 1600s, hundreds of thousands of slaves were brought to work the plantations. Indians, white and africans have been intermingling ever since, causing alot of color variations and deep european racial ideologies.

I’m talking about people such as these who are obviously Australian Aboriginal. Their genetics go all the way into Bolivia.