Nation of Suers Not Doers

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Jesus Christ, all of us here prep our own food. A few calories or grams of fat is one thing, 3x is something else. None of us are ignorant of how easy it would be to properly make something healthy. Christ, a few measuring cup in the kitchen would be fine. And when I was a kid I worked as a cook in an “applebees” type restaurant, so I know it can be done. Heck, that’s what prep cooks are for.

Also, making a mistake once and a while is completely different than constantly making the “mistake.” One time at 3x the amounts because some 20yo didn’t really know how to do it is one thing. 90+% of the time doing something wrong is something else. In other words, there’s a difference between a mistake and purposefully being misleading. [/quote]

That’s also true. It would not be such a bad things if orders came out to the table 3 minutes later because the cooks took time to properly measure ingredients.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/article.aspx?Rsrcid=39722

I find something like this to be more disturbing.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

I find something like this to be more disturbing.[/quote]

Oh my. How terrible. Boo hoo, they’re going to go out of business.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

I find something like this to be more disturbing.[/quote]

I agree.

I don’t have a problem with gay marriage, but it’s shit like this that pisses me off. There’s no reason to pick a fight where one doesn’t exist.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Oh my. How terrible. Boo hoo, they’re going to go out of business.[/quote]

No, not out of business. After enough harrasment, they ended up caving. Your response is notable, however.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

No, not out of business. After enough harrasment, they ended up caving. Your response is notable, however.[/quote]

Oh, notable? I’m glad. Actually, I don’t care. While I don’t think they should have to cater to everyone, it’s still pretty funny that you’d bring it up.

Anything to warn people about those evil homos, right?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

No, not out of business. After enough harrasment, they ended up caving. Your response is notable, however.

Oh, notable? I’m glad. Actually, I don’t care. While I don’t think they should have to cater to everyone, it’s still pretty funny that you’d bring it up.

Anything to warn people about those evil homos, right?[/quote]

This really has nothing to do with gays. It’s a matter of forcing a company to provide a service they don’t offer.

It’s like me suing Baby Gap because they don’t have clothes my size.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
This really has nothing to do with gays. It’s a matter of forcing a company to provide a service they don’t offer.

It’s like me suing Baby Gap because they don’t have clothes my size.[/quote]

With some of his more recent posts, I respectfully disagree.

I don’t think there should be ANY legal basis for forcing an online dating service to accept another group. That would be like me forcing a Catholic dating service to add Hindus to their clientele.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
malonetd wrote:

I don’t think there should be ANY legal basis for forcing an online dating service to accept another group. That would be like me forcing a Catholic dating service to add Hindus to their clientele.[/quote]

Exactly. Wait, I’m confused. You don’t agree the lawsuit?

Then what are we in disagreement about?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Makavali wrote:
malonetd wrote:

I don’t think there should be ANY legal basis for forcing an online dating service to accept another group. That would be like me forcing a Catholic dating service to add Hindus to their clientele.

Exactly. Wait, I’m confused. You don’t agree the lawsuit?

Then what are we in disagreement about?[/quote]

We were discussing waffles, and their superiority to pancakes.

This is a bizarre lawsuit. I agree that states are free to enact laws to fight discrimination and determine who is a protected class. But that’s for things like hiring and fair treatment in the workplace.

This is really more like telling a corporation what products it may sell and faulting them because their products don’t hold broad enough appeal to all groups. Bizarre.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
cremaster wrote:
RebornTN wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

If they purport a meal to have 15 grams of fat and 400 calories or whatever the hell they say, then they damn well deserve repercussions if it’s 60 grams of fat and 900 calories.

Otherwise, people TRYING to take responsibility over what they put in their mouths CAN’T because of the company’s lies.

QFT

My parent’s for example are trying to eat healthier, but they really don’t do their research. They would be EASILY misguided by an improper label.

They would be extremely proud of themselves for cutting down on calories, when they aren’t really. And then lack of results will kill people’s motivation. REPERCUSSIONS!!!

Yes, but there’s a HUGE difference between making a packaged product in a factory to sell at a supermarket, and cooking at a restaurant.

I almost guarantee that the Applebee’s recipe was developed in a test kitchen where EVERYTHING was carefully measured. The problem arises when you ask a minimally trained cook to replicate this recipe on a busy Saturday night. He doesn’t measure how much oil he’s using to fry something, or how much cheese he’s using, he just throws things together.

Now some lawyer will make a killing off this bit of stupidity.

It’s not stupidity. If the deamands of ‘a busy night in the kitchen’ result in THREE times the fat and countless more calories being in meals than Applebees claims, it can’t be allowed to make those nutritional claims at all. [/quote]

That’s funny considering applebee’s proabably has a bag o food they nuc.

sorry had to through it in

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
This is a bizarre lawsuit. I agree that states are free to enact laws to fight discrimination and determine who is a protected class. But that’s for things like hiring and fair treatment in the workplace.

This is really more like telling a corporation what products it may sell and faulting them because their products don’t hold broad enough appeal to all groups. Bizarre. [/quote]

Yepp, sounds almost commmunist to me,

back to waffles and pancakes,

Exactly the point…I’m sorry, but it is ridiculous that Wal-Mart is being sued over the death of their employee. The people that trampled Damour should go to jail ALL OF THEM. It isn’t Wal-Mart?s fault people are fucking stupid they are trying to make money like any other business. This is just another example of $ signs in peoples eyes. It is sad that he died, but this lawsuit is BS. The people responsible should go to trial not the store.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Exactly the point…I’m sorry, but it is ridiculous that Wal-Mart is being sued over the death of their employee. The people that trampled Damour should go to jail ALL OF THEM. It isn’t Wal-Mart?s fault people are fucking stupid they are trying to make money like any other business. This is just another example of $ signs in peoples eyes. It is sad that he died, but this lawsuit is BS. The people responsible should go to trial not the store. [/quote]

I wonder how much the family is getting from comp since it happened on the job, yes the people that did it should be charged with something,

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
usmccds423 wrote:

Exactly the point…I’m sorry, but it is ridiculous that Wal-Mart is being sued over the death of their employee. The people that trampled Damour should go to jail ALL OF THEM.

It isn’t Wal-Mart?s fault people are fucking stupid they are trying to make money like any other business. This is just another example of $ signs in peoples eyes. It is sad that he died, but this lawsuit is BS. The people responsible should go to trial not the store.

I wonder how much the family is getting from comp since it happened on the job, yes the people that did it should be charged with something, [/quote]

I think things like this just detract from the death of the person. It’s sad that someones family decides to cash in on the death of a loved one.