Nathanimal's Redemption

My name is Nathaniel Allen. I was 2nd place in the NSAA State Wrestling Championship, 38-1, losing after a headbutt in the finals rendered me bleeding and nearly totally unconcious. I was a member of the University of Nebraska Lincoln Cornhuskers Football team as a Defensive tackle, until a recurring and catastrophic wrist injury resulted in my football career ending in the middle of my first season as a Division 1 athlete.

My entire life was dedicated to playing college football, from lifting to conditioning to eating, now my life needs filled with something, and I am aspiring to become a professional wrestler. But for now, I’m in college trying to work towards a degree, train everyday i can, and hold down a job to put my self through college. This is my log.

Yesterday I started training for the first time since my dismissal from the football team, so instead of the fantastic weight room in memorial stadium, I traveled to the rec center here on campus. It has all the basics, my only complaint is the inordinate amount of people there getting in the way of my workouts, but i’m sure they feel the same about me.

Day 1’s Workout

Deads - 4 x 8 (starting weight 225, last set 405)
WG Pulldowns - 6 - Failure (started 100 lbs ended 160)
Single arm rows - 4x 6 ea. (65 lbs. - 75 lbs)
Pushups 2 x 25
Crunches 50

upper body in crab most muscular, or something resembling it

Today’s Workout

Seated Overhead Press 4x8
DB Side Raises 4 x 8
Shrugs 3 x 10
Bar Front Raises 4 x 8
Upright Rows 4 x 8
100 Crunshes

Today is an off day form lifting, my cycle goes 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off. I think incorporating cardio into these off days might be a good idea, but i’d appreciate some input on if thats a good idea, or if i should do cardio on days I am doing weight training?

Back in my hometown tonight, worked out at my old highschool, where everything started…
hammered out some chest today, used heaviest weight I could handle, felt good after that day off

Incline Barbell Presses: 4 Sets x 8 Reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 Sets x 8 Reps
Flat Dumbbell Presses: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
Cable Crossovers: 4 Sets x 12 Reps

Hammered out some legs today, during football we used alot of low reps heavy weight and I pretty much plateaued for awhile, now back to more of a bodybuilding routine and I’m responding very well. Strict diet with high intensity lifting is burning the fat off like crazy went from 287 to 270 feeling and looking much better, also I feel stronger than I ever have before despite using a little less weight.
Routine for the day
Squats: 4 Sets x Reps
Leg Curls, Seated: 4 Sets x8 Reps
Standing Leg Curls: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
Leg Extensions: 4 Sets x12 Reps
Leg Press Calves: 2 Sets x 50 Reps

also had an insane pump in my calves today, felt like a million bucks, had couple chicken breasts with my protein today also i feel i might be losing weight a little to fast so i’m seeing how my body responds to a few more calories especially since i’m starting some thermogenics soon.

as far as supplementation goes i’m taking a multivitamin in the morning, krealkalyn creatine an hour before workouts, protein shake after workout, ZMA and joint support complex before bed and righ tnow vitamin C as i always seem to get sick about this time of year. workin on getting a job at a GNC, complete nutrition etc… sooon been filling out applications so hopefully dicounted supplements are in my future.

and finally did my arms today,
? Barbell Curls: 4 Sets x 10 Reps
? Skull Crushers: 4 Sets x 10 Reps
? Hammer Curls: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
? Pushdowns: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
? Tricep Extensions 4 x 12 reps
blasted through this workout, definently upping the poundage next week, got the new Five Finger Death Punch album as well the other day, awesome to listen to while hammerin the weights

good day off today, hammerin down some beef, love being back home inthe middle of nowhere, nothing to do but lots of amazing food

Strong stats. What are you working towards now, like what goals?

Well as much as I’ve focused on pure athleticism to this point, I’m making a steady transition into becoming a pro wrestler, which implies I not only have to be strong as hell, but look like a god. So at this point I’m trying to gain maximal amounts of lean mass, while slowly dialing in a diet that works for me, I know I won’t need to be shredded for about 3-4 years, but getting bodyfat off is going to be a priority for me this whole time. I’m currently just working an off-season bodybuilding routine, so currently my goal is muscle mass, but I’ll work into getting much leaner as my gains start to stack up. Diet has always been an issue for me as I’m extremely carb sensitive, so experimenting to find a good meal plan is also a top priority

had to get up early to head back to lincoln this morning so didn’t get a workout in, if i don’t get it in tonight when I get back due to time sonstraints I’ll just have to miss my first off day. this is my number 1 issue with college and training is that everything seems so pressed for time that these situations arise.

I’ll get this workout in eithier tonight or do one tommorrow and skip a rest day, which is fine with me I’ve felt pretty darn good so far, no to exhausted just sore and its a good kind of sore. Onwards I go

If I was you, I’d look into Synergy’s stuff on the forums here. You have a similar background, at least in terms of playing higher level football. Plus he’s jacked all to hell.

sounds like a plan bro

DB Deads: 4 Sets x 6 Reps
Lat Pulldowns: 6 Sets (to failure)
Bent Rows: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
SA Bent Rows: 4 Sets x 12 Reps

feeling good today, also started Formadrol Extreme anti-xenoestrogen yesterday and I will start Lipo-6 Black next monday along with a tighter diet. On the job side of things I’m applying for a local health food store along with my other applications… i need a job badly

(yesterdays)
Seated Overhead Presses: 4 Sets x 8 Reps
Side Raises Dumbbells: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
Shrugs: 4 Sets x 12 Reps
Front Raises Dumbbell: 4 Sets x 8 Reps
Machine Shoulder Raises: 2 Sets x 12 Reps

Sadly I’ve got to get surgery next tuesday on my wrist AGAIN the last surgery I had was done incorrectly so I am getting the screw removed from my wrist, 4-6 weeks recovery… awesome. Gonna talk with the Doc about what I can do workout wise during this time as well, anyone that’s been in a similar situation thoughts appreciated

Today’s workout brought to you by Branch Warren and Johnny Jackson.
Bench 3x8
DB Bench 4 x 12
Pec-Dec Flyes 4 x 15
Machine Chest Press 3x25
Machine Abs x25 w 100 lbs resistance
1 mile on lvl 10 of stationary bike (slowly working into more cardio as i’ll be stuck doing that post-surgery)
after protein tonight i’m supposed to stop all medications and supplements until after the surgery… this is gonna suck but in the end at least i’ll still have my wrist intact it’ll just be a few weeks til i’m back hammerin away

one of my final workouts before surgery,
Preacher Curls 4x12
Overhead Tricep Extensions 4x12
Hammer Curls 4x12
Pushdowns 4x12
Wrist Curls 3x25 ea
Reverse Pushdowns 4x12
Ab machine 2x25
1.5 miles stationary bike

well surgery at 9 am… wish me luck