T Nation

Nate Green's New Book

Nate Green just came out with a new book called “Bigger Smaller Bigger” that chronicles an experiment he did last fall to gain 20 pounds in a month, drop it in five days, and gain it all back in one.

I was able to see the whole thing first hand, and have been waiting anxiously for this book to came out as it was a very cool process to watch. Anybody looking for information on extreme weight manipulation should check it out! You can find the e-book on his Bigger Smaller Bigger website.

Yeah, interesting for sure.

Dude fasted for a whole day each week and still gained a shit load of weight. Yet some on here fear missing one meal on a Tuesday at 2pm cause its gonna make them suck at life and impossible to get huge.

Ty, is that you in your avatar? If so you are a man mountain!

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:
gain 20 pounds in a month, drop it in five days, and gain it all back in one.[/quote]

wat

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Yeah, interesting for sure.

Dude fasted for a whole day each week and still gained a shit load of weight. Yet some on here fear missing one meal on a Tuesday at 2pm cause its gonna make them suck at life and impossible to get huge.[/quote]

I just want to point out that you’re ignoring what another poster mentioned in the “junk food” thread that he started the experiment around 165-170 pounds and REGAINED 20 pounds. He was 195 pounds before, correct. I’m not trying to sound like an asshole either, so I apologize if I’m coming across like that. Obviously, regaining 20 pounds is not the same thing as initially gaining 20 pounds.

An amusing thing to do, but gaining and losing ‘weight’ isn’t really a big deal. Heck, Berardi’s talked about how he’d have GSP drop and put back 20 lbs the 24 hours before a fight. This is mostly water, glycogen etc. No one is gaining or losing 20 lbs of muscle in that time though.

I like Nate as a writer, and of course Berardi is a very bright guy, but to me, this looks like a gimmick to get attention for PN’s diet and nutritional services (hence the free book download).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
An amusing thing to do, but gaining and losing ‘weight’ isn’t really a big deal. Heck, Berardi’s talked about how he’d have GSP drop and put back 20 lbs the 24 hours before a fight. This is mostly water, glycogen etc. No one is gaining or losing 20 lbs of muscle in that time though.

I like Nate as a writer, and of course Berardi is a very bright guy, but to me, this looks like a gimmick to get attention for PN’s diet and nutritional services (hence the free book download).

S[/quote]

No doubt it’s being used to promote themselves, but nowhere have they boasted Nate was going to try and gain 20#s of LBM, then losse it, then gain it. Nor in the book do they recommend people try it.

In fact, they write strongly on how this isn’t meant for people with a normal life, and IMO is not like supplement companies that boast their products aren’t for the avg person.

They also talk about in the book about GSP and weighing in for fights.

It’s an interesting read and how tough it was for him. Nothing more nothing less.

As for the comment above about Nate being heavier, how much time has passed since he was bigger and has since got down to his start weight for the experiment. That does matter a lot.

Either way, I think people are nitpicking.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Ty, is that you in your avatar? If so you are a man mountain![/quote]

The guy in the avatar is JM Blakely, one of the old timer Westide (Ohio, not California) guys, and an expert on bodyweight manipulation himself.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

The guy in the avatar is JM Blakely, one of the old timer Westide (Ohio, not California) guys, and an expert on bodyweight manipulation himself. [/quote]

ah ok, so he’s the guy that invented the JM Press. Motherfucker ruined my elbows!

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

The guy in the avatar is JM Blakely, one of the old timer Westide (Ohio, not California) guys, and an expert on bodyweight manipulation himself. [/quote]

ah ok, so he’s the guy that invented the JM Press. Motherfucker ruined my elbows![/quote]

Start at 3:53. That guy.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

lololol

You have to reference the thread for those that don’t know…

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/picking_on_nate_green_5?id=3462290&pageNo=0

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

lololol

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/picking_on_nate_green_5?id=3462290&pageNo=0[/quote]

Oh wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the link.

you guys are so mean.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

lololol

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/picking_on_nate_green_5?id=3462290&pageNo=0[/quote]

Oh wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the link.[/quote]

Trapped another one.