Nate Green Doesn't Workout Anymore

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

On second thought, fuck him and anybody who uses the term fitness junkie. The human body was built for hard work. My Grandfather sharecropped tobacco, was a blacksmith, and worked 40+ hours a week at the Foundry. And apparently he was so bored he put up a chin-up bar in his yard so he could do chins and skin-the-cat. The man lived to be 94 and grew some awesome tomatoes.[/quote]

Did you even read the link and what the fuck does your grandfather have to do with anything?[/quote]

Yeah I read it, and if my grandfather could do 80+ fucking hours of fucking manual labor a fucking week and still find time for fucking exercise I find it pathetic that anyone would call 5 fucking trips to gym a week a fucking addiction.[/quote]

If you read it then I expect you understand that Nate’s message wasn’t really about the physical aspect of his training (although he did begin to develop some nagging injuries) but rather about how he had no identity outside of the gym and had become obsessed with the minutiae of diet and training.[/quote]

But he was a professional fitness writer. Most people’s careers do kind of run their lives, and if he was really serious about it, good on him. Didn’t he write a book on how to get in shape to bang chicks? Kind of a douchey motivation for training, and may be why he burned out.

The most telling part of the article was when he said he’d started leaving his phone at home. Was he so lacking in self control that he couldn’t enjoy a meal with somebody without looking at his phone every 2 seconds? Guess not. But he kept a tight diet right? So maybe he’s one of those all or nothing types. Good for him for trying to mellow out. But if he can’t just carry a phone and ignore it for what’s in front of him, he’s got a ways to go.

What irritates me most about the title is that the vast majority if the population isn’t doing enough, and latch on to any excuse to do less. I’m of the type that think that fear of “overtraining” is way overhyped.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
He still looks strong and in great shape. I used to be the same way and dropped a lot of it, no longer compulsive about macros and all… However still would love to go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week again. Honestly I am jealous he has such little things to worry about. I was still going at it full force in the gym while still living an extremely balanced life. I then caught lyme disease myself and it fucked everything up. Now I am recovering just to feel and move like a normal person and make it through each day. Needless to say nothing is better then having your health. I just hope I can make a full recovery again so I can have a balanced life, or even a real life in general haha. [/quote]

Do you get paid every time you mention Lyme Disease? I swear I have not seen one post from you where it is not brought up.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
He still looks strong and in great shape. I used to be the same way and dropped a lot of it, no longer compulsive about macros and all… However still would love to go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week again. Honestly I am jealous he has such little things to worry about. I was still going at it full force in the gym while still living an extremely balanced life. I then caught lyme disease myself and it fucked everything up. Now I am recovering just to feel and move like a normal person and make it through each day. Needless to say nothing is better then having your health. I just hope I can make a full recovery again so I can have a balanced life, or even a real life in general haha. [/quote]

Do you get paid every time you mention Lyme Disease? I swear I have not seen one post from you where it is not brought up.[/quote]

Hmm no lol, but that is a good point. Not sure how or why that is, perhaps because I am not on the site as much lately and I vent too much about it. At least the times that I have posted as of late, I would not say every time though just in threads where it is relevant but not the main purpose of my posts. I am just salty about shit right now and write about it I guess.

So he spent years lifting heavy and building a solid base, now doesn’t have to do as much to maintain that and focuses on other avenues of ‘fitness’ instead of just weight training.

And after years of being disciplined and learning about nutrition and developing solid eating habits, he doesn’t count macros and eats by ‘feel’.

Groundbreaking.

Anyone recall that funny thread a couple of years ago where some fat guy saw Nate’s book in the bargain bin at the mall, but the fat guy was too cheap to buy it? That thread was a shitstorm of laughs!

Nate Green’s finest moment.

On second thought, fuck him and anybody who uses the term fitness junkie. The human body was built for hard work. My Grandfather sharecropped tobacco, was a blacksmith, and worked 40+ hours a week at the Foundry. And apparently he was so bored he put up a chin-up bar in his yard so he could do chins and skin-the-cat. The man lived to be 94 and grew some awesome tomatoes.[/quote]

I agree. People are too soft these days. The harder I beat my body the better I feel.

TL:DR I don’t care about pounding iron anymore, shifted my perspective and lifestyle, and am still active.

Long Version: I’ve been writing on the internet for few years and I have perfected my craft. Here’s an article that on the surface should be about my decision not to lift anymore, but really is about how awesome and cool Nate Green ™ is and promoting myself as a coach through improving my image and social proof.

That sounded somewhat bitter but was the overall vibe I got.

The actual part about quitting lifting and blah blah isn’t very substantial.

When I was 18 I first started learning about training and nutrition, whatever bodybuilders did was the gospel. I’d debate whether or not I should hang out with my friends so I could make sure I could have chicken breast and broccoli. Sometimes I even felt like I ruined my day just by waking up late and fucking up my meal times. Then writers started saying it’s bullshit and it changed my perspective on nutrition. The people putting out articles have a huge influence over their readers. His article can make a healthier lifestyle more accessible to people since it’s centered around having a balanced diet and being active instead of worrying about all the intricacies that dont concern the average person.

Sure, and you’re an idiot if you don’t realize that your ancestors worked from sun up to sun down 7 days a week for thousands of generations, or you wouldn’t be here. That 's what you evolved to do. Sitting in front of a TV and/or computer screen all day ain’t cutting it.
[/quote]

Just let me say no, this is a complete fabrication. Most animals and our hunter gather ancestors would mostly rest during the day.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Sure, and you’re an idiot if you don’t realize that your ancestors worked from sun up to sun down 7 days a week for thousands of generations, or you wouldn’t be here. That 's what you evolved to do. Sitting in front of a TV and/or computer screen all day ain’t cutting it.
[/quote]

Just let me say no, this is a complete fabrication. Most animals and our hunter gather ancestors would mostly rest during the day.[/quote]

Preface your statement by saying before agrarian societies. Large portions of humanity having been toiling dawn to dusk for a good 10,000 years. You only need to look pre industrial, of which records are ample.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
TL:DR I don’t care about pounding iron anymore, shifted my perspective and lifestyle, and am still active.

Long Version: I’ve been writing on the internet for few years and I have perfected my craft. Here’s an article that on the surface should be about my decision not to lift anymore, but really is about how awesome and cool Nate Green ™ is and promoting myself as a coach through improving my image and social proof.

[/quote]

Strange though, I just remembered… When Indigo first came out wasn’t Nate a huge part of that program and coach for it? I am pretty sure I had a few exchanges with him back then for tips and things to help in my own progress. It must have been just around the time he quit “lifting” though. I think that was 2010 or 2011? He apparently is closing in on four years since he quit right now right? He was very active as a poster and writer on this site.

[quote]nsimmons wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

Just let me say no, this is a complete fabrication. Most animals and our hunter gather ancestors would mostly rest during the day.[/quote]

Preface your statement by saying before agrarian societies. Large portions of humanity having been toiling dawn to dusk for a good 10,000 years. You only need to look pre industrial, of which records are ample.[/quote]

“thousands of generations”

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]nsimmons wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

Preface your statement by saying before agrarian societies. Large portions of humanity having been toiling dawn to dusk for a good 10,000 years. You only need to look pre industrial, of which records are ample.[/quote]

“thousands of generations”[/quote]

Assuming you’re correct, neither of us has sited anything, a generation is 20 years. Was I far enough off for us to quibble?

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Sutebun wrote:

[/quote]

Strange though, I just remembered… When Indigo first came out wasn’t Nate a huge part of that program and coach for it? I am pretty sure I had a few exchanges with him back then for tips and things to help in my own progress. It must have been just around the time he quit “lifting” though. I think that was 2010 or 2011? He apparently is closing in on four years since he quit right now right? He was very active as a poster and writer on this site. [/quote]

Just look at his before and after picture. For 6 years of training his results aren’t remarkable. Especially if you take into consideration that he got a huge free supplement pack his last two years (his words) and had a strong network with access to people who are very knowledgeable about training (partly my assumption).

Seems like another internet dude who has some training knowledge and experience, but is out there primarily because of his networking, marketing, and writing skills.

We’d all be better off taking what advice we can from Alpha’s Work lol.

Who cares about that guy since the beggining? He was just a pretty boy, Biotest took him to project a certain lifestyle and way of being (being pretty, buff, etc…“being alright”) in order to sell more supps to a certain category of young men who would associate his projected desirable lifestyle to this brand. Now this slowly aging narcissist is making a blog about how he doesnt work out anymore. WTF. WHO CARES.

You dont have to care about lifting in your daily life and build an identity around it to do it. I put a little more than 3/4/6 plates on the big 3, 195lbs and 5 year training. I dont call it an addiction, I dont expect anyone to care about it and I dont think about it. But I sure do it and I do it seriously. I dont do fucked up things such as using steroids to get better at it. Only retards such as Reed and Yogi do it. Where is that Reed guy again? He is probably dead now from all the steroids.

Personally I try to be as good as I can with the least amount of fuck given and a certain maximum amount of time and effort (4 times a week). I dont care about anything more I could get with more time/energy, because that is the amount I decided to give to this activity. I dont care about doing shows, spending time worrying about steroids cycle, blogging, talking about it, etc. I only keep the most rewarding core, which is what we all like here. Because, well, weightlifting isnt THAT interesting. I dont plan to spend time writing post like this often also.

Fuck this.

And I just realised I am saying the same thing as Sutebun. All about the social proof and everything. Carry on.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Sutebun wrote:

[/quote]

Strange though, I just remembered… When Indigo first came out wasn’t Nate a huge part of that program and coach for it? I am pretty sure I had a few exchanges with him back then for tips and things to help in my own progress. It must have been just around the time he quit “lifting” though. I think that was 2010 or 2011? He apparently is closing in on four years since he quit right now right? He was very active as a poster and writer on this site. [/quote]

Just look at his before and after picture. For 6 years of training his results aren’t remarkable. Especially if you take into consideration that he got a huge free supplement pack his last two years (his words) and had a strong network with access to people who are very knowledgeable about training (partly my assumption).

Seems like another internet dude who has some training knowledge and experience, but is out there primarily because of his networking, marketing, and writing skills.

We’d all be better off taking what advice we can from Alpha’s Work lol.[/quote]

I would not say that his results were unremarkable, he never used drugs as far as I know it and his last pics from when he was 25 were beastly. Definitely feels more like a marketer, businessman type before being a body builder though. If I had to say there was something he was most proficient in it would be his marketing and network abilities like you mentioned. He just seems to be very good in the kind of niche that he has, with a pretty large fan base.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]nsimmons wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

“thousands of generations”[/quote]

Assuming you’re correct, neither of us has sited anything, a generation is 20 years. Was I far enough off for us to quibble?[/quote]

Both you guys have a point, I did factor “thousands of generations” into my statement. fwiw, 10,000 years is about 0.5 thousand generations, using 20years per. This is a long enough time from to witness macro evolutionary changes.

Read some of his stuff before, read some of his stuff mentioned in this thread.

Cliff notes: Mr. Green is a young man who obsessively (compulsively??) buys 150% into the philosophies of the companies he works for.

Rhetorical question: Is it possible to be a “moderation junkie”?

I can’t believe this kid is still on anyone’s radar.

EDIT: I meant anyone here. I have no issues with anything he’s done, it just never applied to me, and I didn’t think it applied to anyone else here either.