Remember this advice.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
GashMan wrote:
DON’T DO IT!!

Remember this advice.[/quote]

Oh, come on Zap.

congratulations nate!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
That’s right! Stacey and I are getting married!

She has been in Salzburg, Austria for the past six weeks as part of a study abroad program. Originally, we were going to marry on May 26, but decided to call it off for various reasons (and she would have been gone because of the study abroad program).

I fly out to visit her in Salzburg on Wednesday. We will stay for a few days and then head to Florence, Italy and later to Rome for several days.

After talking about it, we decided to get married while in Florence. I found a wedding planner http://www.italianwedding.com/ to handle all the documenation, and we are now set to marry on June 29 (or possibly the 28 or 30th at the Palazzo Vecchio). It will be a civil ceremony, but it will be in a beautiful setting in Florence.

Here’s some info about the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence:

One of the most beautiful things about an Italian wedding is the ceremony itself. Most clients have a civil ceremony, which is far more beautiful than it sounds. The city hall of Florence is the 15th century Palazzo Vecchio, where weddings take place in the magnificent “Red Room,” festooned with tapestries and noted paintings.

We’ll be staying at this hotel while in Florence: http://www.hotelvillaliberty.com/

We will probably have another ceremony or reception for family and friends at some point in the future, but for now, we will be legally married in one of the most romantic cities in Italy.[/quote]

Congrats Nate!

Tom Deebel

Congratulations Nate! I wish both of you a long, happy, marriage and life together.

Thank you everyone!

I’m very excited. The only problem is that my passport still hasn’t arrived! I had to call to have it expedited last week since I was leaving within 14 days.

I keep calling to find out if they can tell me anything, but all it says is “in process.” If it’s not here by Monday, I have to call for a one-day expedite so I can have it by Tuesday. I leave Wednesday morning, so they are really pushing it.

Crazy thing is that I had applied for my passport at the end of March and gave them 11 weeks to get it to me before I left. At the time, they were saying it would take 9-10 weeks. Now they are saying 10-12.

All I care about is that they get me the thing before I’m supposed to go!!!

[quote]kroby wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GashMan wrote:
DON’T DO IT!!

Remember this advice.

Oh, come on Zap.[/quote]

Well, if the shoe fits…

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I’m very excited. The only problem is that my passport still hasn’t arrived! I had to call to have it expedited last week since I was leaving within 14 days.
[/quote]

There is a HUGE backlog. The administration changed the rules so that you have to have a passport to go to many popular travel destinations that you did not need a passport to go to before. As a result, a huge number of people started applying for passports. So yeah, that sucks.

Hey bro, I believe that you will get your passport in time! Congrats, I’m sure you will have a fantastic time and I’m sure your marriage will be wonderful! :slight_smile: I married the right woman and am very happy! She is increadible, I’m the happiest married man I know.

Hey Nate, congradulation to Stacey and you Nate.

Thats quite a romantic way of tying the know. Best of luck in ya’ll future.

Good for you two! Have fun.

Congrats Nate!

Best wishes!

Best of luck and happiness to both of you.

Congrats and good luck ND.

Congrats! An Italian wedding sounds like a fantastic idea :smiley: