T Nation

Natalie's Training Log

Hey guys i’ve been workingout over the summer and want to start gaining some more muscle, and lose body fat.
right now im 5’5 157 and want to cut to about 145-150 so i wont have to cut only water weight for wrestling competitions. Also, i want to drop bF% which is probably around 26%. ive been doing 3 /week workouts mon-wed-fri, but have also been doing my feild hockey and wrestling practices. i want to go from 3 to six a week only off on sundays.

Week One:
monday-upper body circuit
tuesday ab/cardio circuit
wed-lower body circuit
thurs-cardio/core
friday upper body circuit
saturday-core/cardio

and then my lower body and upper body days switch

my upper body circuits:
bench press
run 2 mins
lat pulldowns
military press
run 2 mins
tricep pressdown
bicep curls
run 2 mins
reverse crunches
run 2 mins
regular crunches…back to start … i do that twice at high intensity

lower body circuit:
walking lunges
run 2 min
leg extensions
run 2 min
leg curls
2 min run
calf raises
run to mins
cross-body crunches
back to walking lunges

both upper body and lower body reps are 15 with circuit done twice

so just want to work really hard and look intense. im going to upload my pics later tonight

goodluck baby :slight_smile:

ME B E F O R E

so tonight i did my lower body workout and i felt liek i was going to puke because i ate half an hour before but i tried upping my weight on some of the exercises…

walking lunge 15 reps each side with 25lb dumbbells
2 min treadmeill at level 8
weighted calf raises 25 lb plates each X 15
2 min run at 8
leg extensions 95lbs X15
2 min run at 8
hamstring curls at 65lbs X 15reps
2 min run at 8
Cross body crunches 60reps

REPEAT CIRCUIT

felt really really sick tongight because i ate right before workout
didn’t have peotein afterwards because i still felt sick

just got back from the gym and i upped my weights today. ive felt really lazy the past day or two so i ran hard and switched up my reps

upper body day.
db bp 60lbs
run @ 8.2
lat pulldowns 100lbs 10 reps
military press 55lbs 10reps
run 8.4
tricep press 42.5
bicep curls 20lbs x10
run 8.8
weighted leg lifts 10lbs
run 9.0 2 min

REPEAT

feel better today

okay so today was bad but it helped me realise i need a more solid idea ffor what i need to do on tues/thurs/saturdays…

i ran hard for approx a minute till i burned 20 cals .then i did my abs i switched it up with weighted medicine ball leg raises, med ball crunches, and medicine ball drops then back on and run hard for 1 min/ 20 cals. i did that about 6 or 7 times and my final run i did 5-- minutes and 100 calories.

i did roman chair leg raises with 12.5 DB X15 followed by those core pull things with 35kgs ten each side…repeat both exercises

i need to find a new plan for those three days

I’ve seen it work for some but personally I’m not one for mixing up lifting and cardio in the one session. Especially as you’re already doing energy systems work on your non-lifting days.

But that’s just me - will be interested to see how you go on this program.

Nice biceps and calves BTW. :slight_smile:

hey thanks i do want to switch up my workout. i want to change most things around ive been trying to find something that will work well and that I’ll like :slight_smile: Just not sure how to go about it yet.

okay i think i have my new work out! YAY tomorrow im starting new, more intense (i hope) i got my mon-wed-fri work out from the Body Sculpting Bible For Women and then i used their cardio/ab day as well, but i am also going to add tabata thrusters (4 minute) into that day as well. ill write it all down as i go. so tomorrow morning is

WEEK ONE DAY ONE
A1 one arm row 2x12
A2 push up 2x15

B1 military press 2x12
B2 standing calf raise db 2x15

C1 DB curl 2x12
C2 Tricep pressdown 2x12

D1 barbell squats 2x12
D2 hyperextensions 2x12 with plate

i will write down my weights as soon as i get home tomorrow night.

I’m excited though. looking forward to this new workout, i really hope it works well

okay i think i have my new work out! YAY tomorrow im starting new, more intense (i hope) i got my mon-wed-fri work out from the Body Sculpting Bible For Women and then i used their cardio/ab day as well, but i am also going to add tabata thrusters (4 minute) into that day as well. ill write it all down as i go. so tomorrow morning is

WEEK ONE DAY ONE
A1 one arm row 2x12
A2 push up 2x15

B1 military press 2x12
B2 standing calf raise db 2x15

C1 DB curl 2x12
C2 Tricep pressdown 2x12

D1 barbell squats 2x12
D2 hyperextensions 2x12 with plate

i will write down my weights as soon as i get home tomorrow night.

I’m excited though. looking forward to this new workout, i really hope it works well

Okay so this morning i did my workout (above) and I liked it a lot (i hated the squats though) but overall it was a good workout.

A1-40 lb
A2-bw
B1-27.5
B2-60lbs
C1-20lbs/each
C2-30lb (overhead extensions)
D1-155lbs
D2-25lb plate

Tuesday (Day two of new workout/ Cardio/ab day)

early morning workout
thrusters with 20’s for the first 2 minutes (4 times)
too heavy i switched down to 17.5 dbs

ab superset.
A1- leg raises til failure x 2 (1- 77, 2- 51
A2- crunches till failure X2 (1-60, 2- 66)
Need to use roman chair for leg raises and I need to use a med ball for crunches = WAY TOO EASY

cardio

today i did a run for 20 minutes at level 7 (pretty high for the time) and the last minute i bumped up to 7.5
*i plan on slowly raising the speed by 0.1 each workout EX. 7.1 for 2;0 minutes next time)

I loved the workout today though, really hard, burned 300 calories in my run alone (i like it a lot more than my weight days)

okiiee dokiee workout today was goooooooood!! i like it because i added in cardio for ten minutes at level seven … i dotn have my log book with me so i have to add it in later. but it was a great workout.

okay this past few days i havent been posting it but ive still gone i jsut havent gotten to this site to copy it down …

so on the 23rd (thursday) i did my thrusters (improperly i might add) with 15lb DB
A1-leg raise (on roman chair)25/20
A2- crunches on reverse bench 25/30

run 20 minutes level 7 301 cals

1540 calories consumed

okay and on friday oct 24th i had my Day 3 workout:

A12-arm row 2x12 22.5–> 30
A2- flat DB fly 2x12 17.5

B1- bent over lat raise incline bench2x12 10 lbs
B2- standing calf raise (2legs) 27.5DB–>30DB

C1 Hammer curl 2x12 20
C2 lying DB extension 15lbs each

D1- ballet squat 2x12 27.5->30
D2- DB lunge 2x12 20lbs DB

RUN (cooldown) time: 7:15 cals 105

okay saturday oct 25th

today i started being stricter with my diet becasue i feel my workout is great this first week has been awesome, but my dait has been lacking ive been consuming probably around 17-1800 calories a day… im trying to cut back down to aroun 1100-1200

workout was a cardio day… thrusters with 15’s

A1- 26-20
A2- 30-28

Run 20 minutes (first ten was level 7 second ten varied from 7.2-7.5) total 302calories

today is my of day for workout

food

protein 130calors

oatmeal with milk 200

cheese 70cal

banana 105

wheat thins 90

chicken breast 200

mini potato 50

raw veggies 38

oatmeal with milk 200

cheese 70cal

total = 1153 calories that’s more like

it :slight_smile:

i took another pic of myself and i feel a bit better, still want to work my biceps and cut fat around my thighs and waist but im pretty happy

okay im abou to head off to the gym. then i have feild hockey practice and wreslting practice later tonight. starting the first day of my second week the only thingthat differs from teh first week isthe amount of weights i do. i wan to up them as much as i can. its next week that my sets go up, reps go down and i get lesss restbetween exercises

[quote]Nanners wrote:
today is my of day for workout

food

protein 130calors

oatmeal with milk 200

cheese 70cal

banana 105

wheat thins 90

chicken breast 200

mini potato 50

raw veggies 38

oatmeal with milk 200

cheese 70cal

total = 1153 calories that’s more like

it :slight_smile:

i took another pic of myself and i feel a bit better, still want to work my biceps and cut fat around my thighs and waist but im pretty happy[/quote]

Hey Natalie,

Good for you for starting a log in this section - most of us women are over in Powerful Women if you feel like stopping by.

It sounds like/looks like you and I are built somewhat similarly. I’m slightly taller and weigh very slightly less than you (5’7, 150). Your calories sort of scared me to be honest.

You’re very active. You look young (early 20s maybe?). You need more than 1100-1200 calories. Looking at what you’ve posted above yes, it’s only 1150kcals, however it’s very high in carbs. Try plugging the amounts of your food into www.fitday.com for a day or so and see how many carbs you’re getting relative to protein and healthy fats.

With the amount of activity you’re doing, 1600-1800 calories should be fine for you to maintain weight loss as long as you’re getting enough protein and only about 20-25% of your calories are coming from carbs. Check out this article from Figure Athlete about carb cycling for women: http://www.figureathlete.com/free_online_article/diet_and_nutrition/carb_cycling_for_women It should help get your diet in line. It’s about WAY more than just counting calories.

ohh THANKS YOU SO MUCH :slight_smile: thats awesome i ws reading the article last night and came to see taht i need 200 (on a medium day) of carbs, 240 of protein and 25 grams of fat… its more to track but its definintly great. thanks for the links court :smiley:

i do know/have been told about my carb intake but i needed to hear it again. thank you