NASA WISC REGIONALS Meet Report

I went 360/230/465 raw

Squat
315 3 reds, almost fell on my face
315 3 whites, easy cakes
360 3 whites, easy cakes

If I had made my opener would have gone for something close to 400. But I fucked up.

Bench
185 3 whites easy
225 3 whites easilly
235 2 whites, easy I thought it was going to be 250. I had to use a kilo chart

Deadlift
365 3 whites easy opener
405 3 whites easy
465 2 whites I dropped the bar a little bit early apparently

good meet I guess. I could have squatted and benched better. I don’t like the NASA atmopsphere. Too many fat weak people bitching about steroids and chemicals. A fat as fuck 275 pound guy got a trophy for like curling 100 pounds and doing nothing else. Stupid fed IMO.

good job . looks like you picked your openers well .

thats the meet I was thinkin’ of doing . training sucked ass all summer , so I blew it off . ended up working saturday , so I didnt even go to watch .

I hear ya on the trophy thing . everybody gets one . how the fuck do I get a trophy for a 920 total…regardless of age .in my opinion , there should be NO single event lifting going on . if you cant at least deadlift and bench , stay home .

any records ?

(check your PM)

Pissed I couldnt go, but had to make Halloween in Madison.

great liftin, zep

I’m sorry to hear that about the Organization.

Great job on the lifts. Anymore planned?

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
good job . looks like you picked your openers well .

thats the meet I was thinkin’ of doing . training sucked ass all summer , so I blew it off . ended up working saturday , so I didnt even go to watch .

I hear ya on the trophy thing . everybody gets one . how the fuck do I get a trophy for a 920 total…regardless of age .in my opinion , there should be NO single event lifting going on . if you cant at least deadlift and bench , stay home .

any records ?

(check your PM)[/quote]

Only new Pm is from ALkoholic. resend it?

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
Pissed I couldnt go, but had to make Halloween in Madison.[/quote]

Should get a T-Nation group going next year.

[quote]thirdnalga wrote:
great liftin, zep[/quote]

Thanks. Means a lot.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
I’m sorry to hear that about the Organization.

Great job on the lifts. Anymore planned?[/quote]

Just highschool ones. Then I’m probably gonna wait till I can 550/315/600 at 220.

What’s your best Gyms lifts?

Oh and PM sent

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
What’s your best Gyms lifts?

Oh and PM sent[/quote]

like 375/245/475 Only one I’m not sure of is the bench.

Nice lifting Zep! You could do the USAPL WI State Open at the end of January. Probably won’t be too many weak fucks and certainly no curling. And if you want to complain about NASA I bet you’ll find some captive listeners.

[quote]mrodock wrote:
Nice lifting Zep! You could do the USAPL WI State Open at the end of January. Probably won’t be too many weak fucks and certainly no curling. And if you want to complain about NASA I bet you’ll find some captive listeners. [/quote]

It could happen. I have a few highschool meets this winter. Idk how far I’m willing to travel though.

I agree. Hell Undesired made a thread about experience, I’d love to hear more in depth about the experience you had.

Great job Zep, awesome lifting.

Were ya wearin wraps for your squats?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
mrodock wrote:
Nice lifting Zep! You could do the USAPL WI State Open at the end of January. Probably won’t be too many weak fucks and certainly no curling. And if you want to complain about NASA I bet you’ll find some captive listeners.

It could happen. I have a few highschool meets this winter. Idk how far I’m willing to travel though.[/quote]

It is in Milwaukee by the airport on January 30 if you are interested.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
I agree. Hell Undesired made a thread about experience, I’d love to hear more in depth about the experience you had.

[/quote]

Pretty much summed it up. It seemed like a few clans comprised 80% of the competitors. I didn’t like the atmosphere, And I don’t like the idea of feds where a 40 year old man benching 275 in a super katana is breaking a record. I don’t like winning a trophy with my 1058 total. I don’t like 275 pound 5’5" guys who get trophys of an OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTER for curling like 100 pounds. I liked the guy who ran the meet, and I saw a few decent displays of “old man strength”. I enjoyed being there, and would do it again. But I’d like a training group to go with next time.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
jakjak824 wrote:
Pissed I couldnt go, but had to make Halloween in Madison.

Should get a T-Nation group going next year.[/quote]

I would be down for that could tear some shit up!

[quote]mrodock wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
mrodock wrote:

It could happen. I have a few highschool meets this winter. Idk how far I’m willing to travel though.

It is in Milwaukee by the airport on January 30 if you are interested. [/quote]

could happen.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Great job Zep, awesome lifting.

Were ya wearin wraps for your squats?[/quote]

Thanks bro, yeah I was.