Statistician.[/quote]

About right

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]The Greek wrote:
Raj, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you do for a living?[/quote]

Statistician.[/quote]

About right[/quote]

Any particular field? Don’t mean to pry, but I find your posts intriguing.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Does this surprise anybody? [/quote]

^^^This

Seriously, when almost everyone thinks that they are smarter than average, does people overestimating their drive and abilities surprise anyone?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
It has to do with this everyone is a special snowflake, or a princess, or how everyone has to get a trophy and everyone is a winner so no one feels bad. It’s infiltrated institutions that touch our youth at such young tender ages, it’s no wonder we’re having these kind of problems now. [/quote]

I could just choke the school system. It’s just absolutely reached the point of absurdity. No matter how much work or effort a student puts in, they’re all equal. It used to be that if you worked harder than everyone else, you reaped special privileges or benefits but you can’t have anymore, nope, because then somebody might get their feelings hurt.

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is the over-involvement of grandparents. I’m not talking about visiting and having a real relationship with them but more with the parents that have built-in babysitters in their own parents. I’m 38 and my parents were baby boomers. They grew up during post-war times and knew what it was like to go without.

They were careful with own money and very frugal with their own children and saved all that they could save. Now, when grandchildren enter the picture and they have all of this time and disposable income, it’s a recipe for disaster. Parents now are so busy still wanting to have the same social lives they did before and investing copious amounts of time building their careers and they can just drop the kids off at grandma’s house.

Before you know it, Junior could take a poop in the middle of the living room floor and grandma is telling him that it looks like a Picasso. Those children are told they’re the best at everything - the best looking, the smartest, the most talented. It’s no wonder that these kids think their poop doesn’t stink. Not to mention, they are showered with extravagant gifts “just for being so special”, even though they’ve done nothing special to deserve it or there is no special occasion in the near future. What happened to birthdays and Christmas?

Parents need to take their children back. Back from video games, back from facebook, back from cell phones and back from outside people that shouldn’t be raising our children for us. Teach them the way the world operates in an age-friendly manner. Not everyone can be number 1. There is always somebody in first place and somebody in last place. Teach them to expect much from themselves and work hard to accomplish much. This is the only way that one can truly feel what it is like to be deserving of anything.

As a disclaimer, I will add that I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have grandparents babysit once in a while but when it gets to the point that they’re borderline raising them for you, you’re creating a monster. I’m pretty sure that I was clear in my post but just in case.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
It has to do with this everyone is a special snowflake, or a princess, or how everyone has to get a trophy and everyone is a winner so no one feels bad. It’s infiltrated institutions that touch our youth at such young tender ages, it’s no wonder we’re having these kind of problems now. [/quote]

I could just choke the school system. It’s just absolutely reached the point of absurdity. No matter how much work or effort a student puts in, they’re all equal. It used to be that if you worked harder than everyone else, you reaped special privileges or benefits but you can’t have anymore, nope, because then somebody might get their feelings hurt.

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is the over-involvement of grandparents. I’m not talking about visiting and having a real relationship with them but more with the parents that have built-in babysitters in their own parents. I’m 38 and my parents were baby boomers. They grew up during post-war times and knew what it was like to go without.

They were careful with own money and very frugal with their own children and saved all that they could save. Now, when grandchildren enter the picture and they have all of this time and disposable income, it’s a recipe for disaster. Parents now are so busy still wanting to have the same social lives they did before and investing copious amounts of time building their careers and they can just drop the kids off at grandma’s house.

Before you know it, Junior could take a poop in the middle of the living room floor and grandma is telling him that it looks like a Picasso. Those children are told they’re the best at everything - the best looking, the smartest, the most talented. It’s no wonder that these kids think their poop doesn’t stink. Not to mention, they are showered with extravagant gifts “just for being so special”, even though they’ve done nothing special to deserve it or there is no special occasion in the near future. What happened to birthdays and Christmas?

Parents need to take their children back. Back from video games, back from facebook, back from cell phones and back from outside people that shouldn’t be raising our children for us. Teach them the way the world operates in an age-friendly manner. Not everyone can be number 1. There is always somebody in first place and somebody in last place. Teach them to expect much from themselves and work hard to accomplish much. This is the only way that one can truly feel what it is like to be deserving of anything.

As a disclaimer, I will add that I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have grandparents babysit once in a while but when it gets to the point that they’re borderline raising them for you, you’re creating a monster. I’m pretty sure that I was clear in my post but just in case.[/quote]
x2

The Count doesnt care.

All I see in this thread is:

‘‘Dem dar youngins with their technofrigolagies and the Facetubez and MyBooks’’

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

‘‘Dem dar youngins with their technofrigolagies and the Facetubez and MyBooks’’[/quote]

LOL.

No, what you miss is that the internet did really change things.

Fat retards with no talent didn’t used to get the chance to become famous overnight by farting on video.

Girls used to be shamed to show off their muffin tops…so only hot chicks did the low cut t-shirt thang with Daisy Dukes.

Now, every chick has 5,000 friends on facebook telling them how fine their chubby asses are…so now even the huge girls are wearing thongs to class.

That ain’t about “them thar youngin’s”. My fucking eyes are bleeding, dude.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

‘‘Dem dar youngins with their technofrigolagies and the Facetubez and MyBooks’’[/quote]

LOL.

Fat retards with no talent didn’t used to get the chance to become famous overnight by farting on video.

Girls used to be shamed to show off their muffin tops…so only hot chicks did the low cut t-shirt thang with Daisy Dukes.

Now, every chick has 5,000 friends on facebook telling them how fine their chubby asses are…so now even the huge girls are wearing thongs to class.

That ain’t about “them thar youngin’s”. My fucking eyes are bleeding, dude.[/quote]

I was mostly joking about social media as I’ve no idea if it is to blame as it was kinda taking off when I was in school so I never experienced life without it.

What I do know is that alot of people my age have a huge sense of entitlement even though they’ve never achieved anything worth while sporting or not.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

No. I run a drilling company. I love to hire 50 year old grizzled guys as drilling hands because they will out-work an 18 year old any day, even though they are beat down and limping around.[/quote]

No shit, I used to be in management (and was the youngest manager in my company) and used to go out of my way to hire old people because they actually work, while their younger counterparts are incapable of staying at their stations and putting down their cell phones.

One of my part time jobs now is moving furniture, and my best co-workers is 79 years old. He’s still pretty damn strong for any age, but the best thing about him is I have to hold him back from over-doing it, while I pretty much need a cat-o-nine tails to get anything out of anyone under the age of thirty. And while he’s borderline senile, he’s still got fantastic spacial awareness. The next runner up is a 64 year old.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

LOL.

That ain’t about “them thar youngin’s”. My fucking eyes are bleeding, dude.[/quote]

There is truth to this, ugly/fat chicks are like 50x pickier now in part because of this. I find it hilarious.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

LOL.

There is truth to this, ugly/fat chicks are like 50x pickier now in part because of this. I find it hilarious.
[/quote]

Haha yeah I see that a lot. A mates gf was trying to ruin a night out for him once. I’d had a few, and I turned to her and said ‘look, you’re not hot enough to pull off being a bitch. Why don’t you fuck off home?’

It was like I had pulled a hitler salute in a synagogue, such was the stunned silence from everyone. To be fair, she’s dog ugly. My mates no oil painting either, but he’s a good bloke

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

No. I run a drilling company. I love to hire 50 year old grizzled guys as drilling hands because they will out-work an 18 year old any day, even though they are beat down and limping around.[/quote]

No shit, I used to be in management (and was the youngest manager in my company) and used to go out of my way to hire old people because they actually work, while their younger counterparts are incapable of staying at their stations and putting down their cell phones.

One of my part time jobs now is moving furniture, and my best co-workers is 79 years old. He’s still pretty damn strong for any age, but the best thing about him is I have to hold him back from over-doing it, while I pretty much need a cat-o-nine tails to get anything out of anyone under the age of thirty. And while he’s borderline senile, he’s still got fantastic spacial awareness. The next runner up is a 64 year old.[/quote]

To be perfectly honest (as a young person), the older employees all work harder than I do. It’s lucky I can work smarter or I wouldn’t be worth a shit. This may sound ridiculous coming from a “lazy person”, but I am envious of their work ethic and diligence. It’s really not as easy as just deciding to buckle down. I struggle to stay focused enough to work as hard as they do for extended periods of time. Maybe that’s just me though.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

LOL.

[/quote]

I was a member of a few dating sites, and I swear, the fat chicks were sometimes the most picky. To be fair, I wasn’t in the position to be the most picky either, so I was not actually. However, the fact that on their profiles, many of the girls believed they were entitled to the most handsome and perfect guy ever although they were barely dateable themselves.

I’ll just drop this here.

Bahahaa.

Treating everyone like their own special little snow flake is most definitely fucking up society. Look at how much shit bullying is getting now, or how all kids get a medal when they come in last place. I’m a young person, but the animalistic nature of “survival of the fittest” is being faded out and it is obvious when I examine my peers.

^Going with what previous posters have mentioned, I hate the fact that America is becoming so fucking fat that it is becoming the norm. People defend their fellow fatties and all succumb to the excuses that fat people come up with. Bitch! You ain’t got curves. Them are rolls, ma fucka.

I’ve noticed a trend in Murca as of late where it’s taboo to, even politely, point out someone’s short comings/flaws. As if any type of constructive criticism is verboten and should such be uttered a fragile, irreplaceable psych will crumble and be lost forever.

To which I say, and consistently remind my peers and friends, that this is utter and unequivocal bullshit. I was an athlete growing up and in high school and when I began playing sports I fucking sucked. I was horrible. My dad was one of my first coaches when I began playing hockey and he was a very critical of my play. Whenever I was stinking it up, he’d let me know. I got better from it and ended up being on the regional all-star team my junior and senior year (as well as captain).

I’ve yet to see someone curl up and die from criticism, even harsh criticism, to which I was exposed when in the military. Oh, and there’s another place that’s gotten unacceptably P.C. I have a buddy who happens to be an Air Force TI and he tells me bullshit stories that they can’t really make the trainees do anything, they can’t yell, raise their voice or swear at them. What the fuck are they training them for? kindergarten?

Anyways, I’m very worried by these trends of entitlement without accomplishment (shit just entitlement in general tbh). Nothing good can or will come from it, as we’re seeing

[quote]csulli wrote:

One of my part time jobs now is moving furniture, and my best co-workers is 79 years old. He’s still pretty damn strong for any age, but the best thing about him is I have to hold him back from over-doing it, while I pretty much need a cat-o-nine tails to get anything out of anyone under the age of thirty. And while he’s borderline senile, he’s still got fantastic spacial awareness. The next runner up is a 64 year old.[/quote]

To be perfectly honest (as a young person), the older employees all work harder than I do. It’s lucky I can work smarter or I wouldn’t be worth a shit. This may sound ridiculous coming from a “lazy person”, but I am envious of their work ethic and diligence. It’s really not as easy as just deciding to buckle down. I struggle to stay focused enough to work as hard as they do for extended periods of time. Maybe that’s just me though.[/quote]

Staying focused and working diligently is just as much of a skill as anything else. (not counting add/adhd and what ever else)

It takes time and patience with yourself to develop.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

To be perfectly honest (as a young person), the older employees all work harder than I do. It’s lucky I can work smarter or I wouldn’t be worth a shit. This may sound ridiculous coming from a “lazy person”, but I am envious of their work ethic and diligence. It’s really not as easy as just deciding to buckle down. I struggle to stay focused enough to work as hard as they do for extended periods of time. Maybe that’s just me though.[/quote]

Staying focused and working diligently is just as much of a skill as anything else. (not counting add/adhd and what ever else)

It takes time and patience with yourself to develop.
[/quote]

I work in the woods with saws and machines and all that fun stuff and when i started I kept thinking fuck i will never be able to keep this up at all. I stuck with it and it sucked but now I can roll through the day pretty well and it gets better and better.

That to me is the lacking in this country. Hard work is just frowned upon so much that we as a nation tend to quit when shit gets hard. Its a major issue and one nobody wants to address because it will hurt feelings to be told to get off your ass and work. I am proud I stuck out working hard for a living and actually look forward to doing it everyday.

[quote]02Thief wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

LOL.

[/quote]

Haha yeah I see that a lot. A mates gf was trying to ruin a night out for him once. I’d had a few, and I turned to her and said ‘look, you’re not hot enough to pull off being a bitch. Why don’t you fuck off home?’

It was like I had pulled a hitler salute in a synagogue, such was the stunned silence from everyone. To be fair, she’s dog ugly. My mates no oil painting either, but he’s a good bloke[/quote]

Yeah but guess what? That ugly turd he calls a GF has poon he is banging and whether you like it or not, his cock tells him “poonpoonpoon” and his brain follows.

Very few guys get out of this way of thinking with their dicks and hey ho, divorce, unhappy marriage or long term disastrous relationships or what any man fears most, PUSSY WHIPPED!

You watch a guy with his GF or wife, how he tip toes round her or does a circus act where he is the lion, a bitch ass lion being whipped by the circus master. You say to them “you’re whipped!”, they deny it.

I sometimes help them out to ease some of the whippage by saying “why are you using a womans tool?”

Boy do their girlfriends not like that! lol